Thread: PSX Resident Evil 2 freezing.

Thanks

Default PSX Resident Evil 2 freezing.

Oy. Terribly sorry to bother, but RE2 (Dual-Shock ver.) is giving me some problems. One minor, one game-haltingly major. Both are audio related.

The first is that some audio tracks are just plain gone. So far this has only happened with Ada, where some lines she speaks are just not there, but the game continues as usual. This also happens once with Annette in the Umbrella lab, where about five seconds of her dialogue are missing.

The second is that just after that, when Leon says something along the lines of "Ada wouldn't do that!", it skips to an audio track that should be played in the next cutscene I should head to - "Ada! No-o-o!" and then the game freezes.

Playing this mainly on ePSXe 1.60, but I tried it on 1.5.2. also. Figured it worked for Chrono Cross, might do the trick again. However, on 1.5.2 the game instead freezes when Annette's missing track should play.

I figured it was a problem with my copy. So I downloaded the same again to see if it might've been corrupted during the DL process, while also grabbing two other seperate copies. The retry, and the two news freeze in the exact same places.

Sound Plugin I'm using is Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41, but I gave P.E.Op.S. DSound 1.9 a try and the problems persist.

Is this a typical problem with RE2: DS? Checked a compatability list for ePSXe, though I sadly can't remember where, that stated it was 100% compatable. So I'm afraid to say I'm sort of at a loss for solutions at this point.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, you haven't listed your video plugin yet.
    It would also be helpful if you answered the rest of these questions. http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=31774
    Also, where did you get the ISO from?

Here's a few things for you to try.
    Try turning off frame skipping in you video plugin config if you have it on and loading memory card saves (not save states)to get past the part.
    Try mounting the ISO with DAEMON Tools 3.47 and enabling analog audio in the DAEMON Tools options(I doubt this will help though since your missing just bits of the audio).
    You can try scanning your ISO with CDMage and seeing if you come up with any errors. http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?p=523144

Quote Originally Posted by lunairetic
    Checked a compatability list for ePSXe, though I sadly can't remember where, that stated it was 100% compatable.
    Here's a compatibility list, but it doesn't mention the Dual Shock version specifically. http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthre...t=49711&page=1

Not even your same problem, but according to this old thread on NGemu disabling the sound helped run the game for one user.
    Quote Originally Posted by NGemu forums archive
    I finally got it to work in ePSXe. I just had to disable sound.
    I tried the internal SPU core and the latest pete DSound plugin but none worked. So I disabled sound and the game came up...
    http://www.ngemu.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-28125
    Last edited by Das98; 14th-December-2005 at 19:02.

Thanks

Pentium 4 3.40GHz
    2046MB RAM
    Radeon X700 Pro
    Windows XP SP2

Video plugin; usually use Pete's OpenGL2 2.6, but tried PEOpS Soft Driver 1.17 and, again, problem remains. Frame skipping was never on.

Used CDMage and it came up with 151 errors, but then fixed them without incident. Problem persists, though.

ISO is from OmegaUK. Other two I tried were from BT, and the exact sources from them are unmarked, though the torrent links came from Underground-Gamer.com.

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Those errors are meaningless.

Have you tried using Daemon Tools yet?

Thanks

Geh, now I feel like a complete idiot. Just loading it through D-Tools made it work like a charm.

A thousand thanks for the aid, and another apology for bothering.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lunairetic
    Geh, now I feel like a complete idiot. Just loading it through D-Tools made it work like a charm.

A thousand thanks for the aid, and another apology for bothering.
    No problem, just glad I could help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In case your wondering what the 151 errors are it's because the game is in img+cdd format and that one corrupts 150 to 151 sector headers that are in the blank data between tracks, so yeah they have no meaning

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR