Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hardware/Software Purchases Thread

Thanks

Default Hardware/Software Purchases Thread

I know I'm not the only who buys equipment for their PC. So, I came up with this thread. Tell us, what did you just buy for your computer?

I'll start it off. I just bought a 16x DVD+R/RW External Drive. It has it's own power supply, an internal fan, and everything is stored inside a glass casing.

Oh and the reason I got it is because I don't have a DVD drive and I need one to play The Matrix: Path of Neo properly.
    Last edited by Kazuya; 13th-January-2006 at 20:58. Reason: "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes longer."
    As long as you got the power and the pad, you'll get the womens.

Listen to the Mission

Thanks
    EP Points

Whole computer, but aside from that I got an LCD screen for 25$. The backlights are fading but i dont care im going to build a projector with it. =D

Mikey_ Guest

i plan on buying a new pc within a few months. its gonna be ub0r l337. i'll have a lil over 5K to spend on it.

Thanks

I plan on getting a new MoBo and processor come tax season

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103535
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813185066

after that my pretty good system will become a very good system. Everything on it right now is uber except for my processor, its total turd:

AMD Sempron 2800+ at 2GHz with a 167MHz FSB, which sucks sooo badly. Even though my vid card is uber, i still cant run games the way i would like to.

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't get a PC chips mobo, I personally had alot of problems with them, and i know ton of people which had some too.

Thanks

what kind of MoBo do you recommend?

Thanks
    EP Points

About anything except PC Chips. =P
    Mobo brands I like: MSI, ECS (cheap), DFI, Gigabyte (cheap, ok), Tyan, Rio Works, Abit (ok).
    Mobo brands I dislike: Asus (low quality this year), Intel (stupid chipsets ), PC Chips (low quality), Supermicro (expensive, low quality anyway).

Thanks

Default Controller for N64-Roms?

Hey guys! Im like totally new to this whole emulation thing and I was wondering what gamepad would be the best for n64-roms. I already searched different forums but couldnt find an answer (probably cause this is such a basic thing...). What I hear is that a lot of people use the original N64 Controller with an adaptoid cable but can I actually use usual computer gamepads?
    Im sorry for being such a noob ^^

Germany

Thanks
    EP Points

I use my Xbox 360 wired pad now Its meant for PC as well so

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Germany
    Hey guys! Im like totally new to this whole emulation thing and I was wondering what gamepad would be the best for n64-roms. I already searched different forums but couldnt find an answer (probably cause this is such a basic thing...). What I hear is that a lot of people use the original N64 Controller with an adaptoid cable but can I actually use usual computer gamepads?
    Im sorry for being such a noob ^^

Germany
    That's a tough call, not every game pad will suit everyone from Germany.

I had to, since it's signed 'Germany'.

Anyway, I'm agreeing with borman here, Xbox pads are the go for me, dunno about the 360 pad, but they're similar so meh.

it's good,cos the small pad has every button in the right place for 64 buttons.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

i bought a new graphics card about 4 months ago:

MSI nVIDIA geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 AGP8X (and i'm proud of it)
    +cooling fan with blue/red LEDs

i had to drill holes for the fan in the side cause my pc was bought retail (didn't feel stupid enough to build a pc myself cause i didn't know much about how to do it. had my brain think thoughts of emulation at the time)

My pc case was getting kinda hot so decided to chuck the fan in
    later realised that a 250W PSU wasn't enough to feed a monstrous 6600GT. it needs its own direct power connection from the psu (largely due to DDR3) in addition to the motherboard connection.
    so i also got a generic 550W psu
    survival kit:
    1x dell axim x51-v
    1x 1GB CF
    >1024kb wi-fi connection
    ((((((((((((((�)))))))))))))))

Thanks

I just bought a 21" Dell monitor to replace my old defecting 17". God damn this thing is huge. You wouldn't think going from 17 to 21 is much of a difference until you actually sit down and look at your desktop and realize that you need to move back a little.
    As long as you got the power and the pad, you'll get the womens.

Listen to the Mission

Thanks

It's been a while since I purchased anything for my computer, but as of this whole season, I bought quite a bit of stuff. Firstly, I bought an XFX Nvidia Geforce 6600GT AGP back in mid Fall, and from there, I continued to improve. For my birthday, I ended up buying a new mouse, the Logitech MX518 (so good ), a new Maxtor 300GB hard drive, another stick of Corsair ValueRAM (taking me up to 1.5GB of pc3200), and finally, a cheap Lite-On DVD burner. Everything is working great so far, though I have one question. Would it be worth it to upgrade from an Athlon64 3000+ to an Athlon 3700+? I have socket 754 now, and the highest they go now is the 3700+. Or should I just wait to get a new mobo?

Thanks

Latest thing i bought for my pc?

2 180 gig drives

logitech 5500 speaker set.. this thing RAWKS.. digital controller,5 sattelites, 10 inch sub... *drools*

Total RMS power: 505 watts RMS
    Satellites: 317 watts RMS (2 x 62 W front, 2 x 62 rear, 69 W center)
    Subwoofer: 188 watts RMS

Drivers:
    Satellites: 3� polished aluminum phase plug drivers
    Subwoofer: 10� high-excursion ported driver with 6th order bass reflex enclosure

Thanks

Latest purchase is logitech wireless game controller, also planing to buy 512mb memory next week
    There is no FPS There is no MGS