Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever stolen anything Post it here

Thanks

LOL, don't you mean fun lovin' criminal?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McGuinty
    And almost all of us still buy new games regularly.

But not everyone does. There is way less insentive to buy a game when you can just d/l it for free. My buddy Jorge hasn't bought a game for his X-box sense he modded it. Game sites like this just promote it. I mean, don't get me wrong. I really could give a shit if people pirate games. I just see it for what it is. You can rationalize it all you want but it is still theft so long as the company still retains the right to the game. Is it wrong? Nah free shit is never wrong.
    I can think of anything of worth to put here.

Thanks

I stole a lot of X-box games when I had my modded x-box, I would go out and buy the game if I really liked it though, if people pirate EVERY game, no games will come out any more.
    Squiggly Line Squiggly Line Squiggly Line

Thanks

I...stole...someone's...soul...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

I stole like a bangle type thing. Actually my father stole it, I just told him I liked it. The moment we got out, we all just commented on how filthy we felt (as if that helps) and then I never wore the demn thing again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    I guess that may be true, but it's a pretty bleak realzation. Then again, punishment doesn't ever really seem to deter people...
    Indeedy, there are quite a few people out there with no scrooples at all. I heard that one guy where I used to live, drove a crane down my street, opened up someones hood on thier car, lifted the engine out in broad daylight and drove off. Call it fearlessness or stupidity, he just didn't care at all.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

I stole the life of a countless insects... Wiped out a whole cluster of ants XP
    Behind every action awaits the corresponding consequences <br>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Indeedy, there are quite a few people out there with no scrooples at all. I heard that one guy where I used to live, drove a crane down my street, opened up someones hood on thier car, lifted the engine out in broad daylight and drove off. Call it fearlessness or stupidity, he just didn't care at all.
    what the hell is a scroople? i never did get around to looking it up

Thanks

I stole 13 CD's from Best Buy once like 2 years ago.

Anything else that I ever stole would be like a couple of beers or some food during me and my buddies drinking sprees. Anything from chef boyardee to blue cheese dressing...
    Vae Victus!

Sacrifices have been made, thunder and lightning appear
    Rejoice in hideous blasphemy, know that the time is near
    The chosen hail their master well, lusting for hate and scorn
    Crying out in evil ecstacy, the antichrist is born

LOL OMG I'M ON MYSPACE I'M A SELLOUT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    That's pretty insane.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Bunch O' Looters.

Thanks

I stole a comic book once when I was a kid. Shoplifted it from a department store I felt bad after I fnished reading it hehe.

Also, someone stole an expensive sideview mirror from our car which costed at around Rs. 1500, so in a fit of rage, I stole a same sideview mirror from another car that was parked a few blocks away from our house and got it installed on MY CAR thinking WE SHOULDN'T HAVE PAID FOR THAT SIDEVIEW MIRROR which got stolen.

But then, may be "God became angry or something" (as told by my dad ) and we met with an accident. Nothing happened to us, but the car was severely damaged from the side and we had to shell out Rs. 20,000 for getting it repaired and my dad went...."See...you shouldn't have stolen that sideview mirror....it brought bad luck" )

Edit: Oh and he didn't even knew about that sideview mirror thing until the accident happened and since then, I NEVER STOLE ANYTHING FROM ANYONE
    Last edited by Kazekage Gaara; 10th-December-2005 at 04:35.

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wasn't actually making a rationalization of the statement, just making the statement.
    Huh? Does it really even matter? Wether or not it's a rationalization doesn't change the nature of the statement much, if at all.

Say for instance I download Seiken Densetsu 3. Who is getting hurt by that? It's not having a negative impact on anyone. Nobody loses anything.
    I pretty much agree with you there, to an extent. However, that's so not the point. I'm talking about downloading games that are still sold in stores, not roms of games who's shelf-life has long since passed.

The only argument you can make is that one is entitled to compensation based on the labor that they do. What is it that entitles them? An arbitrary law? And even at that, it's not like there is any way to "compensate" those who created the game. Besides, that long after a game is out one wouldn't even expect to gain any more profit from it.
    Indeed. Again, I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about all the PS2 games that get traded here, many of which are brand-spankin'-new. I believe that if you download those, then you're a thief. Not that you do.

Look, this isn't a slam on you or anything, and I'm not trying to change your way of thinking. I was just saying that it seemed a little odd to me to come out against theft when you're surrounded by it everyday. This site owes its very success to theft of sorts, and I guess I just thought that if you were so against it in all its forms that you wouldn't hang around here where it's pretty nearly a way of life.

However, if I were to begin breaking into people's houses and stealing their video games, that would be a lot different.
    Sure it'd be different than downloading roms of decades old videogames. However, it's not all that far removed from downloading ISO's of brand-new PS2 and XBox games.

You can't really argue that the two are the same.
    Who was trying to?

Thanks

i stold air if you can call that stealing.
    "Vanity, Not love, Has Been My Folly"

Thanks

Video games and music I steal regularly, but it's online. ;o
    Musicians make their money from concerts and other stuff, not CDs.
    I only download older games that the companies see no profit from, except for GBA games that are freakin' overpriced for having so little content and 99% of the games suck anyway,