Thread: Help with disc read error

Thanks

Default Help with disc read error

ok i really need some help i have read several faqs but i still cant get it to work ok let me try to explain this all bare with me. Ok when i first got disc read error it was just with dvd rom type games so i read a faq that told me to mess around with the little white gear(btw my model is 30001) so i messed around with it and by the time i was done i wasnt able to play cd games or dvd games so then i read another a Faq and it told me about the voltage so i messed around with the cd voltage and got it fixed real quick i also played around with the gear(not sure if that was needed).

Thanks

But now im on the dvd voltage and no matter what way i turn that damn screw the same thing always happens long spin *click stop*, long spin *click stop* then a short spin *click stop* and its done and then it says disc read errors it seems like its close but nothing seems to want to work. So i dont need if i need to keep messing around with the the dvd voltage or should i play around with the white gear or both. This is really agervating i havent been able to play my ps2 in months no t to mention i havent played any new games because of this **** if anyone has an answers or a similar experience please feel free to help out please.

sry for double post but my browser wouldnt let me send the whole message in its entirety
    Last edited by jokester15; 23rd-November-2005 at 20:16.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jokester15
    sry for double post but my browser wouldnt let me send the whole message in its entirety
    wtf??? aol user? lol j/k... anyways, i don't think you should mess with the voltage, just that white gear. If i remember correctly though, that was the problem in the 1001 version. 3001 shouldn't have these problems. it may just need maintenance, i would let a pro look at it.

Thanks

theres a lawsuit against sony about this. call the 800 number and get it fixed for free.
    I don't care if your world is ending today/ Because I wasn't invited to it anyway/ You said I tasted famous, so I drew you a heart/ But now I'm not an artist I'm a fucking work of art/ I got an F and a C and I got a K too/ And the only thing that's missing is a bitch like U

Thanks

what 800 number becuase before when i called sony they gave me your warrant is up bullshit and it would cost me $65 fuck that. Why should i ahev to pay for thier faulty systems