• Yes

27 39.13%
  • No

42 60.87%
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: People are stupid

Thanks

Default People are stupid

Who here would have let Adolf Hitler live? 19 out of 22 students in my last class said they would, on the grounds that they "don't think its right to take another human beings life". Hitler believed it was right, thats why 6 million germans died under his rule (mostly german-jews).

Who here would have let Adolf Hilter live if he had been captured by the Allies in WWII ?(Schutzstaffel's vote automatically goes to Hitler, mine goes against).
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Mikey_ Guest

i wouldn't have let him live. thats pretty retarded. people wanting him to live cuz they don't believe in taking another life but its ok for him to have killed so many. yeah...

Thanks

Thanks for the poll
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Thanks for the poll
    lol oh crap, i didn't even know this was supposed to have a poll.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Thanks for the poll

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_Hammer
    19 out of 22 students in my last class said they would, on the grounds that they "don't think its right to take another human beings life". Hitler believed it was right...
    The students are right. You can't take away from someone that which you cannot give back to them. You believe what he did was wrong by taking the lives of 6 million people, so isn't it a very subtle kind of hypocrisy you practice when you take his life ? Aren't you doing exactly what you're accusing him of doing ? Sure, what he did was wrong, horrible, blah blah, but if you have ideas, stick to them, you shouldn't have double standards. Either you say that what Hitler did was okay, and so you're going to do the same to him, or else, it's not okay and that you'd let him live as well.
    And wouldn't it be much smarter/better to keep him alive and have some fun with him ? =P

Thanks

Thanks Theo.

I thought it was right, though I think I wont be voting in this one. I hardly think it is my place to judge someone.

EDIT - I'm not saying I have a moral high ground or anything.
    Last edited by Xena; 22nd-November-2005 at 16:46.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Cerno Guest

I wouldn't kill him at all. I'd torture him to the extent of death and then bring him back. Fun.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ
    The students are right. You can't take away from someone that which you cannot give back to them. You believe what he did was wrong by taking the lives of 6 million people, so isn't it a very subtle kind of hypocrisy you practice when you take his life ? Aren't you doing exactly what you're accusing him of doing ? Sure, what he did was wrong, horrible, blah blah, but if you have ideas, stick to them, you shouldn't have double standards. Either you say that what Hitler did was okay, and so you're going to do the same to him, or else, it's not okay and that you'd let him live as well.
    And wouldn't it be much smarter/better to keep him alive and have some fun with him ? =P
    Your suggesting, rather than exacting vengence, that I pay to feed him, cloth him, and let him live? What about the survivors from the holocaust.

Yes, it seems hypocratic. But isn't worse to tell every survivor of his reign, "Yeah what he did was wrong, now your gonna have to pay each day to feed him, put a roof over his head, and cloth his racist ass."

By letting Hitler live, your only further torturing everyone who suffered.

NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

im 100% with paladin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside
    im 100% with paladin
    Glad to know someone besides myslef and Mikey have brains. Is there a fourth human being in the crowd?

NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks
    EP Points

Your suggesting, rather than exacting vengence, that I pay to feed him, cloth him, and let him live? What about the survivors from the holocaust.

Yes, it seems hypocratic. But isn't worse to tell every survivor of his reign, "Yeah what he did was wrong, now your gonna have to pay each day to feed him, put a roof over his head, and cloth his racist ass."

By letting Hitler live, your only further torturing everyone who suffered.
    Sure, I totally agree with your sentiments. But that still doesn't make it right to take another humans life. If only exacting vengeance would make the people who he killed come back to life, I'd be all for it, but that doesn't happen in real life. It wouldn't really serve any purpose except to please the survivors.. but how long will that last ? How long will they be pleased with Hitlers death ? Long enough for them to forget the loved ones they lost ? I don't think so..
    I'm not saying I like him or what he did, I just don't believe in killing people, and I agree that's probably because I haven't lost anyone to Hitler, I'd probably feel differently if I had.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ
    Sure, I totally agree with your sentiments. But that still doesn't make it right to take another humans life. If only exacting vengeance would make the people who he killed come back to life, I'd be all for it, but that doesn't happen in real life. It wouldn't really serve any purpose except to please the survivors.. but how long will that last ? How long will they be pleased with Hitlers death ? Long enough for them to forget the loved ones they lost ? I don't think so..
    I'm not saying I like him or what he did, I just don't believe in killing people, and I agree that's probably because I haven't lost anyone to Hitler, I'd probably feel differently if I had.
    No. Killing him wouldn't bring the dead back. But the loved ones who are still alive, remember, would still be tax-payers. Their money would go to providing him food, shelter, and clothes. By letting him live everyone (those who were forced into his death-camps) would be tortured. You would torture them by making them pay to keep alive the man who had killed their families. Their wives, husbands, sons and daughters. Their neighbors and their friends. Leaving him alive, they'd pay for that. If you made me pay to keep the men alive who blew up the World Trade Center, I'd hate you eternally. If my dad was killed, and the murderer was sentenced to "life in prison", I would forever make war on my government, because they want me to keep him alive. They want me to keep a killer of the inoccent alive.

Execution doesn't usually kill an inoccent being. It kill's a murderer. And in the case of Hitler, the biggest mass-murderer there ever was, we would be doing the world a big favor.

NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

Yeah what he did was wrong, now your gonna have to pay each day to feed him, put a roof over his head, and cloth his racist ass.
    Put him to work then...

Thanks

we killed Hitler to make sure he never somehow escapes and does the same thing all over again...

Let him live, and somthing else bad would bound to happen other then paying to feed him...

Leting him live is like giving him another chance to strike. What if there are actually fans of Hitler out there? and they decide to set him free? It'd be Deja voo more terrible then WWIII...