Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you want in the new Onimusha game?

AlphaKhaosifix Guest

Default What do you want in the new Onimusha game?

Hello,

I happen to own three Onimusha titles and I prefer the Samurai's Destiny and Demon Siege. But if you put a gun to my head and ask which one is better I'd tell you that the third game, Demon Siege is better.

Apparently they're working on a fourth title for the Playstation 2 called Dawn of Dreams* and the screenshots** are impressive.

For those that have played the best of the franchise(Samurai's Destiny and Demon Siege), what new features would you like to see in Demon Siege that isn't in the previous Onimusha titles? And what features already established in the previous titles would you like to see improved on Dawn of Dreams*?

* - http://ps2.ign.com/articles/617/617979p1.html

** - http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/743/743361/imgs_1.html

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I dunno, Demon Seige was pretty much perfect really. Good controls, excellent battle system, nice customization for the weapons. It had it all really.

If I had to say something,
    -more weapons (three isn't enough);. Also, add some more variety (maybe a sword, a whip, and a staff for example, all with varying attack types and specials)
    -More variation in characters. Possibly a few characters, all good ones (no more weak ones like that ninja in Warlords)
    - Higher levels available for weapons (more customization, more rewards for leveling up)
    - Longer games (3 was pretty big, but I'd like to see a real big epic game)
    - Some Improvements in the battle system/storyline (that fairy was pretty annoying in Demon Seige, and they seem to have lost the "Dark" feel of the original story). Then the battle system could be a little more complex and fine tuned (More ways to block and counter for example)
    - A new villain (I'm assuming Nobunaga isn't back with the way 3 ended, but I bet they bring him back for some reason)
    - More enemies, bigger battle scenes (Loved that big battle scene in 3 with the Genma army vs the Oni Army, so why can't they have some more stuff like that?)

Pretty minor statements really, but I'm sure this game will be good. Hopefully it won't be as bad as Warlords (really didn't like the controls in that game, not to mention Kaede)
    Last edited by Raype; 20th-November-2005 at 15:10.

AlphaKhaosifix Guest

I must admit I sort of rushed through Demon Siege on my first play through. I didn't bother getting all of the secret weapons if there were any.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There were three hidden ones for Samnosuke (they were found in the Demon Realm). They were the three weapons from the first game (the fire sword, the Lightning sword, and that Wind Staff)

EDIT- And the pre-final boss weapons (Genma Whip, Bishamon Sword). Then there's the two swords you only use on Nobunaga (the Oni Sword and the Genma Sword). I only counted there being three per character though because I don't think of the others as weapons because they aren't useful, can't be upgraded, and are rarely used. Normal Sword and Oni Whip also overlooked.

Samnosuke: Earth Axe, Light Swords, Wind Sword

Jacques: Ice Mace, Fire Sword-Whip, Thunder Staff-Whip
    Last edited by Raype; 20th-November-2005 at 15:17.

AlphaKhaosifix Guest

What about Michelle's secret costume? Ever got that?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Bath towel, Yeah I got that. There were about 2 Secret Costumes per character , with one for Michelle

Samnnosuke: Panda, Cowboy

Jacques: Eastern, (There was another one I think, but Can't remember right now)

Michelle: Bath Towel

AlphaKhaosifix Guest

Bath towel?!
    Nice

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Too bad it was so hard to get (S-Rank finish took me about 3 plays to get). Pretty funny to see her in an army of soldiers wearing nothing but a towel. Even funnier when she gets knocked around (the Tower scene) and the towel stays on.

Thanks

How about....

More Ninja Gaiden, Less Onimusha

I was expacting a LOT more from onimusha the first time i played it. I was seriously let down. RE with swords? Dont make me laugh. Capcom can create something massive and different, it's time for them to put down the rewind button.
    Last edited by malice2501; 20th-November-2005 at 16:29.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    How about....

I was expacting a LOT more from onimusha the first time i played it. I was seriously let down. RE with swords? Dont make me laugh. Capcom can create something massive and different, it's time for them to put down the rewind button.
    Only ever played Onimusha 1 Malice? Do yourself a favor, rent a copy of Onimusha 3, then post again. I hated Onimusha 1, but when I played a bit of 3, I went back and bought 2 as well. Best decision ever. They even scrapped that Horrible RE style of control, boosted violence (at least you can set the game up with more violence) and a much better layout. It;s about as good as Ninja Gaiden at least. The control setup used is more Devil May Cry, so I think that really improved the whole thing (Acting is still awful though.....add that to my list of improvements)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    How about....

My thoughts exactly. Ninja Gaiden is just more FUN than Onimusha. I still have to play the second and third, but if they handle anything like Onimusha, then I know that it's not good enough for me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brit
    My thoughts exactly. Ninja Gaiden is just more FUN than Onimusha. I still have to play the second and third, but if they handle anything like Onimusha, then I know that it's not good enough for me.
    Definantly give two and three a shot (at least rent it, so that way you're only out like $5), I liked those two a lot more than one. I think even AlphaKhaosfix preferred 2 and 3, since he neglected to mention Onimusha 1 in his first post (that crappy control style and the Kaede sequences killed that game for me)

EDIT- Of course Ninja Gaiden is also a great game and maybe Onimusha 2 and 3 can't beat it.Jjust try the good Onimusha games, and then make a judgement of the series, since only playing one is kind of like rating Devil May Cry on 2 alone, or Resident Evil on 1 alone. There were better games in both series (capcom occasionally F***s things up bad).
    Last edited by Raype; 20th-November-2005 at 16:52.

Thanks

Original voices and kamui-like system! That's what I liked from Genji. If they did that in the new onimusha, I would certainly play it. Someone seriously has to hire a hitman to kill the voice-actor who did Jaques in the 3rd part. You can't replace Jean Reno's voice with some american dude.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Weapon
    Definantly give two and three a shot (at least rent it, so that way you're only out like $5), I liked those two a lot more than one. I think even AlphaKhaosfix preferred 2 and 3, since he neglected to mention Onimusha 1 in his first post (that crappy control style and the Kaede sequences killed that game for me)

EDIT- Of course Ninja Gaiden is also a great game and maybe Onimusha 2 and 3 can't beat it.Jjust try the good Onimusha games, and then make a judgement of the series, since only playing one is kind of like rating Devil May Cry on 2 alone, or Resident Evil on 1 alone. There were better games in both series (capcom occasionally F***s things up bad).
    Hmmm, part 2 and 3 got a overhaul? Guess ill be trying them out then. But i would seriously like to see it head in the direction of Ninja Gaiden. There is no reason not to have full controls over my char. hopefully 2 and 3 remedied this. Also a big problem, somonuske (dunno how to spell his name) just didnt seem like a super badass ninja (i know hes a samurai, but hes still lame) to me. Sure he could probably whup on my ass plenty good, but Ryu would own him in a sad and embarassing way. The series is fiction, so make him super gangsta.

Thanks
    EP Points

Samanosuke.

I'm pretty sure it was Reno's voice in the third one, having played it 2 or 3 times.

"This isn't some gratuitous exercise in excess, though. Each actor's presence is integral to the proceedings, and simple pleasures like listening to Reno recite his dialogue in French is a sublime treat. However, the fact that this high-profile voice talent only appears in the beginning and at the end of the game (English-speaking surrogates clown the rest) is a disappointment."

There you have it.