Thread: Xbox Drive Problem

Thanks

Default Xbox Drive Problem

Hey everyone. I'm sure some of you know what this is about. I wanna know if there's a way to fix my drive in my XBOX. I know that its a Samsung and my PC DVD rom drive is a Samsung also, and they have the same problem. The drive doesn't open 80% of the time on the first try. Usually the light will blink constantly and then will stop. You hit the open button again, and it does the same, then opens. Now, this morning I decided to pull out Halo 2 and play a bit. The game is constantly locking up at certain points. At least every 3 minutes. At one point of the game it looked like I was trying to run a PS2 emulator on a Pentium II 800Mhz processor. Is there ANYWAY I can fix this? All I had was the 90 day warranty from Target, and well, I've had it about a year. I've already looked inside the drive, and I'm stumped. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Id start by mailing or calling Microsoft, tell them its a drive issue, and threaten them, and they will usually replace the drive and all that, but id back up the saves. If that doesnt work after numerous tries, try and clean the laser, or realign it. It would seem as though its not correctly detecting the disk very quickly, so its either dirty or the laser just isnt hitting the disk right.

Thanks

I wanna start calling or mailing them, but I had to break both seals on the bottom to get in it. I'm pretty sure they wont do anything about it now, especially since I didn't pay rediculous prices to get it fixed by them.

Thanks

I'm gonna bump this up...Anyone have any idea what I should do? I emailed Microshit and they still haven't given me a response. This is beginning to piss me the fuck as I don't have 200 bucks to spend on a new Xbox Console. It's only a year old!!!!

Thanks

you could get a modchip.. and put your games on the hard drive.... then you could play...

maybe with the big similarities with the computer parts.. you could get the same DVD drive and switch them so that the new one could read the games right... (sorry never got an X-Box)

Thanks

I believe the power cord is different. I'm almost positive it is. I actually have the same problem with my DVD drive on my computer. It also happens to be a Samsung. The only thing, is that the XBOX is more severe. I didn't spend 200 dollars for this thing to go in the garbage a year later. Especially when I bought over 20 games for it.

Thanks
    EP Points

XBOXs do this all the time.

You could try some of these repairs.

I had a friend who took his back to Target like a year after he got it and they still gave him a new one. Try actually calling Microsoft even if it's a help number unrelated to XBOX help and make them figure it out for you, just keep harassing them till they do something about it and most of the people I know get results. Lie if you have to and say you just got it a little while ago and you don't have the receipt. What's the actual warranty in the back of the system manual say?

Thanks

The warranty label is broken. I don't think they'll help me anymore. Even if I bring it back to target with the receipt.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws
    The warranty label is broken. I don't think they'll help me anymore. Even if I bring it back to target with the receipt.
    My friend had opened his XBOX up and tried to fix it himself and they still replaced it and he didn't have the receipt or even buy it himself (then again it was actually his mommy that returned it and she's one evil bitch, so they might of just been too scared to tell her no, you would be too if you met her). Half the time they just replace it without even looking at that type of crap at the Target he goes to since they get so many returns, I think it's worth a shot.

If your not interested in trying that and would prefer not spending any more money than all I can think of is to try fixing it yourself with a guide like the one I posted a link to or something, sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks

Maybe I should bring it back to Target and tell them what's going on. They may give me another one. I already paid my 200 bucks for it, and I still have the receipt in the Halo box. I just dont have the Xbox box anymore. I'll try to bring it back this weekend. Until then, I'll continue to try to fix it on my own. Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws
    Maybe I should bring it back to Target and tell them what's going on. They may give me another one. I already paid my 200 bucks for it, and I still have the receipt in the Halo box. I just dont have the Xbox box anymore. I'll try to bring it back this weekend. Until then, I'll continue to try to fix it on my own. Thanks.
    No problem, sorry I can't lone you my friends mom, I'm sure that bitch would get the job done.