Thread: No battle menus for FF8

Thanks

Default No battle menus for FF8

As the title suggests, I'm getting no battle menus. I'd like to apologize first for not being able to relocate the post with Zorlon's or Grey's ePSXe specs as I remember them claiming to have run FF8 from start to finish with no probs whatsoever. So I had to ask here and in Tech Help in hopes of getting more answers.

Another problem I'm having is gradual loss of frame rate during the boot-up FMV (the one in black and white showing the names of the designers, etc) until it drops from 60fps to 30ish and I just have to skip it. I wanted to watch and listen to that FMV after so many years too... Fortunately, the intro worked fine (the one where Squall and Seifer are dueling).

Yet Another problem I'm having is the game looking like it's being played in MSPaint i.e. extremely pixelated. The extreme jaggies are to be expected from a PS1, an emulated one no less, but Squall's legs look like 1 long pixel (!) and the backgrounds all either look blurred, have black borders and/or look extremely low-res (on different settings I've tried, that is. I settled with the low-res, pixelated one since it looks crisper at least). I understand this is due to stretching a 2D graphic so there's not much I can do about it, but I just want to know if there's a way to make the character models look less like stick figures. My main gaming rig should be able to improve the graphics more than this, right?

I'm currently playing SH so the video options have changed. Look here for my posted specs:

http://forums.emuparadise.org/showthread.php?t=42269

Thanks
    EP Points

Offscreen drawing is needed for battle menus.
    Anyway, try Pete's OpenGL2 plugin, and experiment with the tons of settings. There are quite many ways of filtering there that will allow you to improve the graphical quality of the game.

Thanks

Thanks a bunch for the prompt and helpful tips.