Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP games: Name the best ones!

Thanks

Lightbulb PSP games: Getting into it & need suggestions

Hah! Found two games worth buying.

I've looking to buy a PSP during the Xmas Black Friday sale. Which are the best games IYHO to get? Like RPGs the best, but good racing games & fighters are a close second. Don't really like sports games on the handheld. Been checking out the PSP emulation boards and read up on PSPbrick & the firmware challenges that Sony keeps coming up with. The GBA on PSP is sweet! Enough hardware to emulate just about everything including PSX games.

Official Sony page
    PSP Home
    PSP Drive
    Look! Socom for PSP has its own headset.
    PSP Media Manager is a nice concept, AND ABOUT TIME!
    Finally, some of the homebrew games that have been released for the PSP. (Chess, Asteroid, Doom, Heretic, & Tetris)
    Last edited by X-EvansBasher-X; 15th-November-2005 at 07:23.

Thanks

Holy Jerry Seinfeld is gay, I knew PSP games sucked. Those are all terrible. I'm glad I never considered getting one

Thanks
    EP Points

1st webite: Totaly shit thou games would have to be some os the WORST i mean where is Burnout on there?
    I mean look:
    8.3 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 Sports 09/26/2005<<<<<<Crap
    8.2 SSX On Tour Sports 10/13/2005
    8.2 Virtua Tennis: World Tour Sports 10/06/2005<<<<<<Crap
    8.1 FIFA 06 Sports 10/04/2005<<<<<<Crap
    8.0 NBA LIVE 06 Sports 10/04/2005<<<<<< NBA Street was more fun.
    7.5 Madden NFL 06 Sports 09/21/2005<<<<<<Crap
    7.4 Star Wars Battlefront II Action 11/01/2005
    7.3 NBA 06 Sports 10/04/2005 <<<<<<Crap

2nd site: Made no sense and looked gay
    If people are looking at this site and sayin wow those games suck, take it from someone with a PSP those gaes DO suck, Also hardc0regamer they havent emulatored everything well SNES games still run slow i have not tired any other emu's other then the Mega Drive as im DLing rom for NeoGeo and GBA aswell as waiting for another Duo stick.

Thanks

Well, it seems that almost all PSP games are sports games. That sucks

Thanks
    EP Points

Trust me till the fix the controls on the FPS's you wont want to play them its shocking
    And we have:
    Ape Academy
    Dynasty Warriors
    Guilty Gear XX
    The Con
    Gundam battle tatics
    Mercury
    Pursit force (Not playable on 1.50 but there is good news with this link )
    GTA: VC (also check the news on the main page of that link)

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Lumines and Metal Gear Ac!d. Seriously, they are great games. I also got Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, but it's pretty average (I enjoyed it though).

Also, this month Legend of Heroes, a pretty cool looking RPG will be released in the US and Tales of Eternia will be released in EU. Plus, PoPoLoCrois is being published by Agatec and will ship to stores on December 6 (US). Awesome!

Socom also appears to be pretty good. It's far from my cup of tea, but the reviewers are positive about it. 16 people online with full voice communication is pretty darn impressive for a handheld.

Anyway, I'm gonna sleep now...

Thanks

Grand Theft Auto LSC, Twisted Metal Head-On, Hot Shots Golf, Lumines, Ridge Racer, Wipeout are all really good games.

Thanks

Metal Gear Acid... and that's about it. Really, it's a piece of shit without the emulation.

Thanks

GBA emulator sucks

and most good PSP emu people seem to have vanished. I believe most projects are on hold or stopped alltogether for emulation. Lazy coders!
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DementedLullaby
    I believe most projects are on hold or stopped alltogether for emulation. Lazy coders!
    Maybe they got the dreaded PSPbrick & cried their eyes out :roll:
    This whole thing with Sony redesigning the firmware once the coders find a way around an update is stupid. Sony should embrace emulation, I think it would be awesome to emulate just about every game system on a PSP. That would make it the killer system. Watching movies, mp3, emulation and PSP games..wicked.

edit: oh yes, the whole "got to own every game for free" syndrome that spreads around the net. Jeez....how many games can someone play in a week? If someone slept only 3 hours a day, they couldn't possibly play every game for PSP in a week's time. Ok..I take that back....too many of the games sUck. I've been on diff trackers & they have every single PSP game available for D/l. It's nuts! I'm def not on corporate America's side (or corporate Japan), but you got to draw the line somewhere. Morally, it's not wrong to steal something in digital format but ethically it's still wrong. I don't want to see the day when ppl get locked up in jail for just downloading stuff & not paying for it. The issue is being forced though, so the next few years will be a test of new laws against copying. The Pandora's box has been opened when it comes to the PSP, I doubt Sony can ever close it. The emu hackers are so close on everything, when firmware 3 is rel & locks everyone out, the hackers will unlock it for us.
    Just give me 2-3 games and I'll be happy. $40 is not a lot of $$ if I want to support the system. Or more importanly, the designers who work hard to bring out the great games. Sony is in deep s**t unless they find a way to satisfy homedrew dev. They keep acting like a media company & less like a co. that designs games that ppl want to BUY. Alright, off the soapbox. Not going to change a thing b**ching about it......

back to the games, I think Socom is good. Good reviews, cool idea that seems to work. Then Burnout Legends (or WTH it's called), Mercury & a few others off the top of my head. All the others were sold out at 3 stores, including MG: Acid. I'll look around a bit & post back with what I find.

btw, there are hundreds of unofficial PSP sites that are dA schnitz. Those were just 2 interesting ones I *felt* like posting. later~
    Last edited by X-EvansBasher-X; 15th-November-2005 at 06:49.

Thanks

Yea but then when they make emulation and homebrew allright people will exploit it and use isoloaders(like people with lower firmware versions allready do). I can see why Sony wants to protect their system. Especially now that games are so easily downloadable.

I wish there was a way to let emulation co-exist with firmware, sad it can't happen unless sony design the emulators themselves. Imagine v3.0, now with built in SNES emulator
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

cough*buyaDS* cough.
    Someone had to say it.

Thanks

yeah buy a DS its a chick magnet if you wi-fi playing nintendogs . LOL.
    but serious DS got alot of great titles worth playing .

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm currently playing Metal Gear Ac!d and am enjoying it a whole lot. One mission took me about an hour to complete. I would also recommend Wipeout Pure since the download packs keep the game fresh.

I also play quite a bit of Super Mario World and Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past. They slowdown every once in a while but 90% of the time they run at full speed or only have to skip 1 frame.

I want Gran Turismo 4 Mobile to come out and didn't know that a Gundam game was in the works.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

People, please don't turn this into a flame war. You know that mentioning DS in a PSP thread or vice versa is like pouring water over 160 Kg of magnesium.

MGA for the win IMO!
    Last edited by crusher; 15th-November-2005 at 15:32.