Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Cute Klux Klan / Religion - Evolution

Thanks

actually i dont think you did...

I'll give you rugby, that shit is crazy, but the other "sports"? come on.
    Catherine Zeta-Jones has the most annoying voice since Renee Zellweger
    Side splitting? I'll believe it when you name some.
    Fish and FRIES, more like it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Devastatin Dave

Side splitting? I'll believe it when you name some.
    You are clearly in the minority.
    Don't forget Pierce Brosnan.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Pierce is the worst James bond ever. thank god he's getting replaced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Decorum, it's a word used in higher class in England.

"propriety in manners and conduct "
    "To conduct oneself in a proper manner."
    Your telling me to have manners? Was I being rude?
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_Hammer
    Your telling me to have manners? Was I being rude?
    Not really, one just felt like being a topic cop.

Thanks

DAMNIT. Someone call me an asshole, NOW.

EDIT: Wow I just realized I've pasted 1000 posts. Damn... how'd I miss that?
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

"We are proud of being white, we want to keep being white."
    Some people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin_Hammer
    DAMNIT. Someone call me an asshole, NOW.
    I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you.

Asshole

Thanks

Well yeah but scientists came up with that theory. Like I said before you dont have to believe it. Second if they take out evolution what would they put in. If you go to a private school then maybe but if they took out evolution in public schools then they would have teach how we were made through religions. Problem with that is that many people who go to public school have many different religions. Then wouldnt it be biased then anyway?

No one knows about the other religions. They can only believe the religions they are in. Sot of get what Im saying?
    We didn't have to beleive in christianity or any other religon when it was in school but it was removed. I feel that it's only fair the same to evolution. Second, i love that. What would they put in...? Perhaps somthing based on proven fact. Here's a better idea, perhaps they don't have to teach we are made. There are some things that are the responsability of the parent. Telling the kids about the birds and the bees just happens to be one of them and same with opening them up to different cultures in the world (religons) happens to be another. School is no escape for the parent from their duty as a parent. It is not the school's duty. The fact is that it'd be biased to support one religon. Despite intellegent design and evolution is opisite sides, the fact is that intellegent is a name for a collective set of religons which are in a many vs. evolution which is a single religon of it's own in it's own catagory. Removing intellegent design isn't just removing 1 beleife, you're removing a collective set of religons. Removing anything and banning all preaching of any religon (including evolution, beware i'm being leaniant on what to call it, cause i could be calling it something else so i better not hear from anyone i'm being harsh) would make it unbiased cause no story is being told. How can it be biased if no story is told?

And you're right, and they're forcing evolution on us and only evolution, if we remove all religons they have to go out of their way to expose themselves to something, therefore they'll most likely in such process either maintain the provided (being agnostic (which is what we want in schools cause it's neutral) or fallowing what their home environment states) or expose themselves to many religons. Correct? In such process our schools would not be biased.

EDIT: 2 corrisponding paragraphs were seperating greater for comprehension and organization purposes.

Thanks

actually the only good bond there ever was, was SEAN CONNERY! and roger moore! cant forget the classics. Catherine may be hot but her voice is annoying.

My Request & Game List

Thanx to the many people in the community of emuparadise, i know have 3 bars of reputation! It says Snake Solid has a spectacular aura about.

Did i say something funny or upload something dat you were looking forward 2 in da post above? Gimme rep by clicking da button on top of my post!

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )

Dis is Bunny. Copy Bunny in2 ur signature 2 help him on his way 2 world domination!

Thanks

Call me weird but i like Rammstein for some unknown reson... perhaps it's the guitar but i can't help but sit and drool listening to music from video games and movies. Though i do like some of the classics, falco had a good one called amedause. (sp?)

Wait... vocalists..? Alright.. um... uh... The chick(s) singing the FFCC vocal music don't sound too bad or too bad looking. It is to their misfortune i found a nice looking chick to love and care for... problem is i'm being kept from her... oh well....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kohlrak
    We didn't have to beleive in christianity or any other religon when it was in school but it was removed. I feel that it's only fair the same to evolution.
    My god, please tell me you're trolling. If you take evolution away you have to take away many other tenants of science that go along with the theory of evolution. Astronomy, psychology, history, even mathmatics are contained within evolution. Also, don't go cliche with the word "theory". It's electromagnetic theory that powers the monitor you're looking at right now.
    Although on the down side some people use evolution to be racist turds. (Not even a fraction of how many as religion, though)

People that want scientific education go to school; people that want religious education go to church or bible camp or take a time machine back 2,000 years. Scientists don't care about the backwards crap they're preaching in church, so stay out of our schools.

Religion-->Knowledge-->Science
    Last edited by KnightofNachos; 1st-November-2005 at 01:15.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dingy
    "We are proud of being white, we want to keep being white."
    Some people.
    Doesn't this make you doubt if these girls are really white? Lol. You have to be really scared of other races to say "we want to continue to be white... OMFG n00000 don't touch me, mr. black man! nooooooo!1111!"

But after all, lack of knowledge creates a fear of the unknown. Fear = phobia, and phobia leads to hatred. And hatred is manifested in the form of discrimination, in this case racism.

Thanks

Oh, and FYI: I imagine "keep being white" means that they don't support interracial breeding, which obviously produces non-white offspring. Scientists say that eventually humanity will all be a brownish tone, although I have my doubts. I think many people will stay traditional. Remember that even if a person is 10% something (like black) and 90% white, they're still considered to be that something (like black) to both white people and black people. I didn't make the rules, but that's how it seems to be.

It doesn't really matter if humanity is one color or not anyway, there will always be differences that people judge others by. I myself prefer diversity. Natural red heads, brunettes, and blondes are said to be dying out first. That makes me a sad panda.
    Last edited by KnightofNachos; 1st-November-2005 at 01:38.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Since kohlrak's grammar makes my head spin, I'm not even going to bother quoting and addressing his issues individually (in part because I can't tell them apart).

I am curious why you believe evolution not based at all in scientific methodology. It is the logical extension of natural selection and microevolution taken across a longer time period, and the fossil record does demonstrate speciation across time. I'd also point out that, in America at least, the Intelligent Design school of thought, despite a superficial semblance of unity between all deistic religions, has in fact been largely coopted by a more Christian, fundamentalist view. Besides which, intelligent design is still in large part evolution, only with theological origins and implications tacked on. As such, the only practical difference between teaching intelligent design and evolution is that the former insists upon teaching about God as well as evolution. Removing evolution from education is akin, as polobunny put it, to removing the theory of gravity. In large part, gravity is primarily a scientific way to explain one of the four fundamental forces of the universe that is not in fact entirely understood (even though advances such as the warping of space-time are present, the why behind such things is still uncertain, as is why gravity, while the weakest of the four forces, has such a massive area of effect).

I'd also point out that almost anything can be removed from public schooling because it's not considered necessary, even from vocational standpoint. Assume the school should only teach vocational skills: which vocation, then? Mechanical Engineering? Remove history, biology, chemistry, any advanced literature coursework, or the such. Janitorial? Why bother teaching anything beyond rudimentary language skills? Just hand the kid a broom and point him at the mess. Why should a fundamental basis of modern biology be removed from the school system? Why not the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, or as polobunny also pointed out, the electromagnetic theory and Maxwell's equations?

That said, I do disagree that evolution encompasses these theories, but I do agree that the same fundamental means used to develop these theories also were used to develop evolution. I'd also say some scientists do care about religious matters, but they, for the most part, are intelligent enough to separate natural affairs from spiritual affairs, and those who are not tend to use shoddy science to prove their allegations (the most infamous are those who support Young Earth theory, but there are others, usually creationist).

Kohlrak, you also still haven't demonstrated that evolution is a religion, so while I won't call you harsh, I will call you incorrect, if you so desire.