Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Cute Klux Klan / Religion - Evolution

Thanks

and now kohlrak calls evolution a religion?

ok. here's what i believe, and i'm gonna just throw it all out to end any debate between myself and that green guy with the funny name.

1. God created the Earth. The Big Bang is too fucking random to have created a single planet capable of sustaining life, I feel.

2. God created the first creatures (amoebas, single-celled organisms). Otherwise, I think, there was no basis for these things to just appear.

3. Evolution took over from there. I believe wholeheartedly in God, but in all his wisdom, I don't see him being able to conjure up the billions of different species of animals present throughout the history of this world.

That's my beliefs, in a nutshell. take them however you want, debate about them, i dont care.

Thanks

Look up the deffinitions on dictionary.com, i'm sure you'll find 1 of the deffitions support it's a religon and another support it is also a cult.

As for separation of church and state, it says just what you quoted. I don't know what form of english you speak, but the dialect of the time in that use would say they are to make no laws against or for one religon and shall not make any exceptions to any laws for or against religons also. Therefor, the government are to stay out of all religous matters unless it violates a law and they are not to make a law against or for any specific religon and that any form of religon (including evolution) is to stay out of government matters. That includes public schools.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kohlrak
    Look up the deffinitions on dictionary.com, i'm sure you'll find 1 of the deffitions support it's a religon and another support it is also a cult.

As for separation of church and state, it says just what you quoted. I don't know what form of english you speak, but the dialect of the time in that use would say they are to make no laws against or for one religon and shall not make any exceptions to any laws for or against religons also. Therefor, the government are to stay out of all religous matters unless it violates a law and they are not to make a law against or for any specific religon and that any form of religon (including evolution) is to stay out of government matters. That includes public schools.
    From http://www.dictionary.com
    a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
    b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
    2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
    3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
    4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
    The Theory of Evolution does not specifically call for the existence of a supernatural power or powers any more than it denies the existence of said powers, ruling out both definitions 1a and 1b. It also does not describe the life of a follower of a religious order, serving to describe the development of life, ruling out definition 2. It is not based on the teachings of a spiritual leader, even if it is derived from experiment and study by scientists (who have the primary allegation drawn against them by the religious brand of Luddites that they are too naturalist, rather than spiritualist), ruling out definition 3. Finally, it is only followed insofar as it has not been directly and categorically disproved, as is any other scientific theory. If you follow definition 4 to such a generalized point that evolution fits it, you can also stretch something like the Theory of Gravity into a religious classification. Thus, if you fail to define definition 4 at this level, it fails to describe Evolution, and if you do stretch the definition as such, it fails due to overgeneralization and an inability to describe anything by virtue of describing everthing. I fail to see where evolution is innately religious.

And if the government is to stay out of religious matters, this means that said religious matters should not be directly propounded in governmentally-funded and based educational facilities. There is no law banning religion from private schools (innumerable Catholic schools are demonstration of this fact), but religion, if the government is to avoid giving favour to particular religions, should not be taught and institutionalized by said government in their educational system.

And regarding your allegation that it's a cult...
    From http://www.dictionary.com
    a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
    b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
    2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
    3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
    4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
    a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
    b. The object of such devotion.
    6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.
    We have demonstrated that Evolution is not innately religious, ruling out definitions 1, 2, and 3. As a scientific theory, it is by definition not possible to fall under definition 4. A fad is a short-lived sociological phenomenon, thereby ruling out definition 5, and the very basis of the scientific method means it cannot be obsessive, because it can only last until it is disproven. Definition 6 would be possible, if it were at all exclusive or esoteric. It follows from natural selection on a grand scale, which is a cornerstone of modern biological research into environments and ecosystems, and science is only exclusive insofar as many people do not choose to become scientists, rather than in that they are denied entry. Definition 6, therefore, is also ruled out.
    Last edited by Mistral; 31st-October-2005 at 03:39.

Thanks

Try #4. And don't tell me that they don't strongly act on their beleif. The fact that some have to eliminate all other religons from schools shows such.

And for the second part, you are right. Which is why evolution needs to be removed. I shouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg just to get away from a religously biased education.

Thanks
    EP Points

The reason they put evolution in is to teach what scientists believe. You don't have to believe. It's just there to show that there are other possibilities to how we were made.

Thanks

You can't sit there and honestly tell me that scientists as a general group beleive evolution... And i'm sure if evolution was removed from school there would be a few organizations out there to make it possible their beleifes are spread another way. Of course they'll resist first, but they'll find another way. Fact is, right now it's biased and it needs to be removed so it's not biased.

EDIT: The deffinitions are not to be used together. Each deffinition is it's own case to declare a thing to match the word. (in other words, each deffinition is it's own entity so they can't rule each other out.)

5a. works. I have seen some pretty obcessed people supporting evolution. And i know your first yoursponce to this, that there are some who aren't radical about it. Same with any other religon and/or cult.

EDIT2: There is also science against evolution. Don't tell me evolution is scientific.
    Last edited by kohlrak; 31st-October-2005 at 12:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

Didn't this thread used to be about 2 crazeed-psychopath babes?
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Umm... maybe I missed something here. Why in the hell should evolution be removed?

Thanks

I have completly lost the plot of this thread. At least it's the most succesful non-spam thread of late.

I'll prolly bitch about evolution and such later. Just to feel incuded
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kohlrak
    You can't sit there and honestly tell me that scientists as a general group beleive evolution... And i'm sure if evolution was removed from school there would be a few organizations out there to make it possible their beleifes are spread another way. Of course they'll resist first, but they'll find another way. Fact is, right now it's biased and it needs to be removed so it's not biased.

EDIT: The deffinitions are not to be used together. Each deffinition is it's own case to declare a thing to match the word. (in other words, each deffinition is it's own entity so they can't rule each other out.)

5a. works. I have seen some pretty obcessed people supporting evolution. And i know your first yoursponce to this, that there are some who aren't radical about it. Same with any other religon and/or cult.

EDIT2: There is also science against evolution. Don't tell me evolution is scientific.

Well yeah but scientists came up with that theory. Like I said before you dont have to believe it. Second if they take out evolution what would they put in. If you go to a private school then maybe but if they took out evolution in public schools then they would have teach how we were made through religions. Problem with that is that many people who go to public school have many different religions. Then wouldnt it be biased then anyway?
    No one knows about the other religions. They can only believe the religions they are in. Sot of get what Im saying?

Thanks
    EP Points

Tell me this.

One week, My penis was x big. Next it was a lot bigger.

Now. Is that an act of god. Or evolution?
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus
    Tell me this.

One week, My penis was x big. Next it was a lot bigger.

Now. Is that an act of god. Or evolution?
    Well, As the reproductive system matures, both boys and girls are often extremely sensitive to sexual arousal. When this happens to a boy, the male sex organ, or penis, becomes engorged with blood, causing it to become erect or stiff. �But,� reminds The New Teenage Body Book, �many erections happen for non-sexual reasons�and sometimes it seems, for no reason at all! Vibrations of a bus, tight clothing, exposure to cold, fear, and other stimuli can cause an erection.� Young girls may similarly find themselves aroused for no apparent reason.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Well, As the reproductive system matures, both boys and girls are often extremely sensitive to sexual arousal. When this happens to a boy, the male sex organ, or penis, becomes engorged with blood, causing it to become erect or stiff. �But,� reminds The New Teenage Body Book, �many erections happen for non-sexual reasons�and sometimes it seems, for no reason at all! Vibrations of a bus, tight clothing, exposure to cold, fear, and other stimuli can cause an erection.� Young girls may similarly find themselves aroused for no apparent reason.
    I don't mean an erection. It grew bigger. Ya know.

Thanks

We have all established that we despise theses girls,. so why not let the thread die?
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus
    I don't mean and erection. It grew bigger. Ya know.
    Every living being grows, it's one of the seven signs of life.
    If we didn't we would be sperm's, or worse