Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Much Gaming?

Thanks

Default Too Much Gaming?

Does anyone else have this problem?

It started back... I don't know, two or three years ago maybe. I never went out and bought games, I always just played the ones my family had (That was then), then one day my friend told me about Diablo II, and I watched him play and was totally into it. After about two or three days of playing, I had surpased all my friend's characters and was starting on my second.

Now, that was just an example, but I do that with almost every game. I'll get WICKED into it for like a few weeks and I'll play the crap out of it and pass my friends who told me about it. So, anyone else do this?
    "...There's something behind me, isn't there?"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I've done it several times. I think the oddest one was when i played FF8 and was level 100 before even entering the fire cavern....when my friends saw that save file they were quite suprised. It took like 40 hours of just random battles to do it. Also pretty much every other RPG I end up at insanely high levels quite early, it's just that FF8 was the highest I went so early into a game.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a few friends who do it. Takes the fun out of the game if you are trying to do multiplayer together, or it takes the challenge out of the game

Thanks

I used to play games a lot, but nothing like that though. If I get into the game, I 'll take my time through it and not rushing it, like GTA games. I don't like rushing through games.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ((KvN))
    If I get into the game, I 'll take my time through it and not rushing it, like GTA games. I don't like rushing through games.
    Same here! I'm a completist, so I search every nook and cranny for hidden treasure chests and ammo supplies. But I have had a similiar problem (if "problem" truly is the correct word for this). I was so high level in Final Fantasy X that I killed Yu Yevon (the final boss) in a single hit. With Wakka. And this was while all of my friends were stuck on the flying dragon guarding Bevelle. n00bs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Why would you want to get to level 100 before the fire cavern in FF8?

That is just crazy.

I'm actually stuck in FFX at the rock monster because my friend moved Auron to the opposite side of teh sphere grid as armor break.

Thanks

I do it all the time because most of my friends suck at games ~_~
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Why would you want to get to level 100 before the fire cavern in FF8?

That is just crazy.

I'm actually stuck in FFX at the rock monster because my friend moved Auron to the opposite side of teh sphere grid as armor break.

It just kind of happened oddly enough....I was at like level 60 or something and I was still getting a lot of exp from monsters so I decided to see how far I could go. turns out the monsters level up with you, letting you get up in levels very easily. Especially those monsters on the beach area whcih give a huge pile of EXP which lets you get to at least level 20 without much work. I also ended up killing that XATM spider-robot thing and getting a lot of AP as well so my GF's were extremely powerful. Also I don't rush through games and am a completionist, I just end up playing a game 24/7 after I get it and end up finishing early.

Thanks

Leveling up that fast on FF8 is a complete waste...then you can't even take advantage of the excellent level up bonuses from some of the GFs...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    Leveling up that fast on FF8 is a complete waste...then you can't even take advantage of the excellent level up bonuses from some of the GFs...
    uhh was that sarcasm because I personally never used those level up bonuses. I tend to get 255 just from good junctions, mostlly 9999 hp and 255 strength, with * for all elemental defense. I avoid using magic because it's useless for the most part so I just level up my physical stats and they always seem to nearly max out without any bonus work.

Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I was mainly refering to things like Diablo II and MMOs, for stuff like FF7, I would go around every wall and keep hitting O. FF9 really helped me with the (!)s where the items were. I'm SORT of obsessive compulsive. By SORT of I mean I'm just weird.
    Last edited by Nicholo; 24th-October-2005 at 03:01.
    "...There's something behind me, isn't there?"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholo
    Does anyone else have this problem?

It started back... I don't know, two or three years ago maybe. I never went out and bought games, I always just played the ones my family had (That was then), then one day my friend told me about Diablo II, and I watched him play and was totally into it. After about two or three days of playing, I had surpased all my friend's characters and was starting on my second.

Now, that was just an example, but I do that with almost every game. I'll get WICKED into it for like a few weeks and I'll play the crap out of it and pass my friends who told me about it. So, anyone else do this?
    I know some ppl like you, this guy that used to live near me, he started like 2 years later than everyone else in cs, and after like 2 months he was being called hacker, but numerous people, including myself, have seen and verified that he was playing legit.

as long as gaming doesn't interfere too much with ur life then it's alright I guess. I used to stay in just to play video games, but I've been getting more involved in other things. Even though I still play a lot, gaming isn't a priority anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Weapon
    uhh was that sarcasm because I personally never used those level up bonuses. I tend to get 255 just from good junctions, mostlly 9999 hp and 255 strength, with * for all elemental defense. I avoid using magic because it's useless for the most part so I just level up my physical stats and they always seem to nearly max out without any bonus work.
    Oh, I actually never played FF8, I just saw it played. It seemed that level ups were really not important at all though, and if I were to play I think that those stat bonuses would be quite useful if you haven't gotten 100 of Ultima and some of the other super spells...

Thanks
    EP Points

Know some people who are that much into games. It's weird seeing someone beat the crap out of a game in 3 days that I've been playing for 2 weeks already. Meh.
    Me, I only play a few games like that, if they're real fun (Cave Story comes to mind) Thankfully there are only a handful of those. The games don't interest me I either stop playing somewhere down the line, or just simply play in a drawn out fashion, like, an hour every week or so. Egad, how I wish I had as much time as I did in high school.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't play games like that. Usually I play through 'em in not-hardcore mode, it has more challange that way than leveling up to 99 and kicking everyone's ass in a second.

Exception is Valkyrie Profile, which I finished twice (normal and hard mode), maxed out the 3 secret characters and beat the bonus dungeon about... can't remember... well, about 10-20 times to get Lenneth's ultimate weapon.

Or something like this.