Thread: problem runnin Diablo 2 (regular)

im nowhere, but at the same time im everywhere. I am but an enigma in this world
    Thanks

Default problem runnin Diablo 2 (regular)

Hey everyone. I'm havin a problem runnin diablo 2 on my pc. It used to run before. But I think it might be my graphics card. Because it worked with my old one. When I try to open up the .exe it gives me the "Diablo 2 has experienced an error and needs to close". I hit don't send. Then a window opens up tellin me that d2 failed to run and to make sure the play disc is in the drive (it is....). So please tell me whats wrong. Also the change I made was from rage 128 PRO to Radeon X700 PRO.

Thanx a lot to DSerge for this sig.

Thanks

have you tried testing the display mode? i know they have a test for directdraw and so on, so try running that.

im nowhere, but at the same time im everywhere. I am but an enigma in this world
    Thanks

I did run it. It reccommended 3dfx glide. But instead i picked Direct3D. it didn't work. So I change it to 3dfx glide. Doesn't work (wanna take a guess of what direct draw would be?). Any other suggestions?

Thanks

u should have no problem running that game! i dont kno what the prob is but it did it with my radeon 9250 too.

Thanks

direct draw is without using a 3d card(if i remember well) ... so it might work if the problem is with your video card....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mishotaki
    direct draw is without using a 3d card(if i remember well) ... so it might work if the problem is with your video card....
    huh? I don't really know what that means

Thanks

Try reinstalling the game. Make sure ur user account on ur computer has admin options open. And you could try running in windowed mode.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

Thanks

Or you could just use software mode... so it doesn't use your 3D card at all except for the SVGA part.

Lucullus Salutes You!!

Thanks

Reinstall, yo.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucullus
    Or you could just use software mode... so it doesn't use your 3D card at all except for the SVGA part.
    software mode... that is what i taught it was... you know... when the graphics are all made by the processor and not the video card.. i had problems with my video card once.. and i used that to play Diablo2...

i found what my problem was at that time.. refreshing rate from my video card was set to max... instead of optimal... never knew how it got that way.... (it was a few years ago)

Thanks

I remember I had problems with my Voodoo Banshee card not showing all the right graphics on D2... eg the hitpoints bar and all... then I switched to software mode and that worked out... Diablo 2 isn't really a 3D graphics game... so you can run it without hassle in software mode.

Lucullus Salutes You!!

Thanks

ok, how do i go about running this in software mode?

Edit reinstalling didn't change anything.

EDIT2 Don't know if this changes anything...... but my resolution is 1152 x 864.
    Last edited by Monkey D.; 22nd-October-2005 at 00:37.

Thanks

Run the video test program in your Diablo II directory, D2VidTest.exe or something like that, and choose the top option. I'm betting Deach's life on it not working, but yeah.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by S
    Run the video test program in your Diablo II directory, D2VidTest.exe or something like that, and choose the top option. I'm betting Deach's life on it not working, but yeah.
    lol that didn't work either. Maybe I should try and install LOD then see if that works. I'll get back to you all.