Thread: Jack Thompson Isn't Quite Done Just Yet...

Threaded View

Thanks

Default Jack Thompson Isn't Quite Done Just Yet...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20051019-5458.html

The guy makes me sick. (sorry Jack Thompson fans) I was reading this, and it makes me want to hurt someone. I'm not saying much, but I think he has no life, who doesn't give a shit about any "underage" violent gamers. He wants money, and advertising himself. Don't get me wrong, while I do respect that the selling of violent games to a minor isn't a very good thing, he's just pulling every other crap out of his pants. It might work, and that is to stop him, the media must not let him get whatever his 15 minutes of fame to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Reimer
    Jack recently appeared on CBS's 60 Minutes trying to drum up support for his efforts. However, this publicity was apparently not satisfying enough for him, as he went on to try and create more outrage on his own. Attempting to emulate Jonathan Swift, he issued a "Modest Proposal" that offered a US$10,000 reward to anyone who would create a video game featuring Osaki Kim, a father whose son was beaten to death with a baseball bat by a 14-year-old gamer. The game would feature Kim extracting brutal revenge on the video game industry itself, including beating game company executives to death, removing their heads and urinating on their brain stems.
    Self pwnage right there. Isn't that a hyprocrit statement? I'm not sure, but I think it is. Is that the best way he can get against us gamers? Is to get the attention to unleash his own game the way he wants it to be? One man army... psh.

Kill him.
    Last edited by ((KvN)); 20th-October-2005 at 23:29. Reason: Forgot to put link.