Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ps1 renamer & rip games

Thanks

There isn't a program which will tell you if this is a rip or full. For PS2 maybe, but never for ps1. And like the program name says, DVD Scan Lite v3.7
    A PS1 can only read CD Roms so there is something wrong................

One rule of thumb though is that most uncompessed PS1 image files that are under 100MB are rips.

PS1 Games under 100 MB are mostly 2 D Games, if they are full and packed.

If you downloaded one of these games from an emusite ( Ridge Racer 1, Ridge Racer Revolution, Ridge Racer Type 4, Soul Edge, Tekken 3, Dead Or Alive, Fighting Force 1, Grand Theft Auto 1, Grand Theft Auto London, Grand Theft Auto 2, Driver 1, Worms Armageddon, Agent Armstrong, Cool Boarders 2, etc. ) they will be 100% rips. These games are the most commercial rips which you will find on emusites. And rips over 30MB you will not find normally.
    Last edited by Syphon; 21st-October-2005 at 11:47.

Thanks
    EP Points

RPG Maker, 66.4MB, not a rip. Dead or Alive, 100MB, rip. Also, all the CAPCOM fighters are well over 100MB, like between 350MB and 650MB.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma
    Well, maybe in the future it will do that if the author is still working on the program. Last I checked the home page disappeared from the net, and http://www.illusionoflife.com/PS1_Renamer/index.htm has had it there for a while, but they aren't the program's creators though. Although I could be wrong on that. The original link I got from RichardStone, which I deleted since that site died. Hmmm....
    Well indeed I don't know who the author is and if that page is the official internet site.
    anyway let's hope the project is still alive because it is the only one ps1 renamer tool, and till now the author has done really a good work!
    ePSXe rules

Thanks

RPG Maker, 66.4MB, not a rip. Dead or Alive, 100MB, rip. Also, all the CAPCOM fighters are well over 100MB, like between 350MB and 650MB.
    Yes, but unpacked they are over 100 MB. I edited my previous post

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon
    There isn't a program which will tell you if this is a rip or full. For PS2 maybe, but never for ps1. And like the program name says, DVD Scan Lite v3.7
    Maybe now there isn't a program which tells if a game is a rip or not, and I know it's not easy to distinguish just from the size a riped game...
    But just for these reason I hoped that in the future the ps1 renamer could implement a function which can do that. It will be wonderful
    ePSXe rules

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by basilisco
    Maybe now there isn't a program which tells if a game is a rip or not, and I know it's not easy to distinguish just from the size a riped game...
    But just for these reason I hoped that in the future the ps1 renamer could implement a function which can do that. It will be wonderful
    That would be hard to do though, I mean different file formats have different sizes. An mdf+mds is generally bigger than a bin+cue or ccd+img+sub, and an nrg is smaller than any of the file types. There would have to be a set standard.

Thanks

That would be hard to do though, I mean different file formats have different sizes. An mdf+mds is generally bigger than a bin+cue or ccd+img+sub, and an nrg is smaller than any of the file types. There would have to be a set standard.
    Yes, unfortunatly this is true, but once the iso is mounted on a virtual cd drive the size becomes the same for all these differents formats...
    It's really a big problem but if it could be solved the ps1 renamer will be more more useful
    ePSXe rules

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, unfortunatly this is true, but once the iso is mounted on a virtual cd drive the size becomes the same for all these differents formats...
    It's really a big problem but if it could be solved the ps1 renamer will be more more useful
    Not only that but it would also have to be able to differentiate between a bad/corrupted image/disc and a good one. I have found many different copies of games that were good but had slightly different sizes and different checksums even though the file format was the same. To attempt to index those would be virtually impossible.

Thanks

Not only that but it would also have to be able to differentiate between a bad/corrupted image/disc and a good one. I have found many different copies of games that were good but had slightly different sizes and different checksums even though the file format was the same. To attempt to index those would be virtually impossible.
    you're right Akuma, but maybe indexing only the size of the original iso (this coul be more possible) it will be at least possible to understand if the iso corresponds to original one or simply it is bad/corrupted image/disc, a rip or if it has a different checksum.
    P.S.
    I don't want to obsess you with my posts, you already gave me all the answers I was looking for, but I thought that it will be good to improve this tool and that's way I continue to post. thx
    Last edited by basilisco; 21st-October-2005 at 12:27.
    ePSXe rules

Thanks
    EP Points

you're right Akuma, but maybe indexing only the size of the original iso (this coul be more possible) it will be already possible to understand if the iso corresponds to original one or simply it is bad/corrupted image/disc, a rip or if it has a different checksum.
    P.S.
    I don't want to obsess you with my posts, you already gave me all the answers I was looking for, but I thought that it will be good to improve this tool and that's way I continue to post. thx
    It's all good, you just got me thinking on the subject and idea, which isn't bad, I just wonder how it could be accomplished. By no means am I a programmer, but I know some of the ins and outs of images and to me it just sounds like a real task. If it was accomplished this tool would be really handy then. I don't use it myself, mainly cuz I have no need to have a tool to rename or identify disc images since I can just mount them and look for the file with the serial number in the main directory.

Thanks

Originaly Posted by Syphon
    And like the program name says, DVD Scan Lite v3.7
    So I suppose they should remove the CD option because it is only for use with DVD right?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

For some of the ways of determining if a PSX game is a rip--read this entire thread

http://forums.emuparadise.org/showth...&highlight=rip<BR><BR>
    Last edited by SegNin; 21st-October-2005 at 22:59.

Thanks

ok so ive been away for a while lol .... missed loads but points of interest

ps1 renamer has not been discontinued and is still a work in progress just the author has had a sudden high work load so he aint getting any time to put into the renamer or the project right now

erm by orriginal site i dunno if you meant the sonyx.webhop one as that was just a temporary site created until the renamer was added to the illusionoflife web page

the most recent edition is still v1.03 as for the database version im unsure thats kinda stale at the moment but any additions / error reports please do mail the error text file to the author at the respective web address in the renamer docs

as for me my innactivity in here is ive recently kinda taken over a dc hub so im dedicating a lot of time to that

(gawd this things got its own thread now lol)
    i walk the world with an open hand and a closed fist!
    (Proud member of the SonyX project) click here to find out more
    btw heres my trade list ps1 ps2
    PS1 Re Namer V1.03 & DB20050808 released get them here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by topaz
    ps1 renamer has not been discontinued and is still a work in progress just the author has had a sudden high work load so he aint getting any time to put into the renamer or the project right now
    I'm very happy to see that the project is still alive
    Does it mean that we can post the games which aren't yet listed in this topic?
    http://forums.emuparadise.org/showth...&page=12&pp=15

Quote Originally Posted by SegNin
    For some of the ways of determining if a PSX game is a rip--read this entire thread
    http://forums.emuparadise.org/showt...0&highlight=rip
    Thx SegNin, this will be very helpful!
    Last edited by basilisco; 22nd-October-2005 at 08:47.
    ePSXe rules

Thanks

yup u can either post missing , incorrect entries in that thread or e-mail them to the author of the ps1 renamer (his e-mail add should be in the error.txt log for the renamer)
    i walk the world with an open hand and a closed fist!
    (Proud member of the SonyX project) click here to find out more
    btw heres my trade list ps1 ps2
    PS1 Re Namer V1.03 & DB20050808 released get them here