View Poll Results: Do you believe in soul-mates?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 36.36%
  • No

18 32.73%
  • I'm not sure yet

2 3.64%
  • If the day comes I meet somebody I think is mine, I'll know

15 27.27%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in soul-mates?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brit
    Think about it. We are not all meant for relationships. If you have ONE person on the planet that is a 300% compatibility match for you, and you were a complete asshole and fucked it up, you would also die alone.

The way I see it, everything has a completely rational explanation.
    Yeah, but if you screwed it up, She (or he) couldn`t have been right for you, you know. It doesn`t make sense, and I don`t mean screwing it up, I mean if your`re not together, you`re not soulmates, right? At least that`s how I feel...

Thanks

if YOU fucked up your one chance, that really isnt fair to them, is it? soulmates are a bunch of garbage, like palm-reading, fortune-telling, and 1-900 psychic lines.

Thanks

These relationship pressures that people put on themselves is what causes divorce (and marriage, depending on the way you look at it) and people dying alone. sure, you only have one life to live, but it's not gonna be perfect so you might as well accept that and stop trying to meddle with things that are beyond your control. all you can do is take precautions, use common sense, and be prepared to deal when things go to shit.

Did you know that marriage is the #1 cause of divorce? And dying is the leading cause of death among people? And 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kooleeo
    Yeah, but if you screwed it up, She (or he) couldn`t have been right for you, you know. It doesn`t make sense, and I don`t mean screwing it up, I mean if your`re not together, you`re not soulmates, right? At least that`s how I feel...
    Hardly. Just because they are right for you doesn't mean they are just going to sit and watch you abuse them in any way. That's just stupidity.

And no. Sometimes, not being together is better for both parties. There are times when too much time together is detrimental to any relationship. Just because you love each other doesn't mean that you have to be up each other's ass all the time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brit
    Hardly. Just because they are right for you doesn't mean they are just going to sit and watch you abuse them in any way. That's just stupidity.

And no. Sometimes, not being together is better for both parties. There are times when too much time together is detrimental to any relationship. Just because you love each other doesn't mean that you have to be up each other's ass all the time.
    I`m not saying you should hit them or insult them, I`m saying if that`s the case, you shouldn`t be together at all! You`re not soulmates...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kooleeo
    I`m not saying you should hit them or insult them, I`m saying if that`s the case, you shouldn`t be together at all! You`re not soulmates...
    Ah. So your opinion of a soul mate would be something like unconditional love and whatnot? I see. Well, I can't argue with an opinion. That is to say whether or not you believe in soul mates at all.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

No, it's just fantasy.

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

No.
    duh.

I'm in love with my wife and all, but I'm not nearly odd enough to think we were ment by fate to be together or anything like that.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

Thanks
    EP Points

yep,I believe it,I have a theory about it and the meaning of life:
    the single meaning of life is finding your soul mate,nothing else matters,nothing
    is really important exept for that,it's the ultimate motivation for life.
    The soul mates love each other for thousand and thousand of years
    during lots of lifes,in each life if they are lucky and find each other,they recognize
    each other in a subconcious level maybe,
    soul a:"fulanita??,fulanitaaa!!!!!!,my loveee!!,come here!!,let me hug you!!!,I missed you soooo muuuchh!!!!!"
    soul b:"menganito??,menganitoooooooo!!!!!,my loooooveeeeeeeeee!!!!!!""
    and they spend the rest of their lifes together and they are happy,and when they
    die,in the next life,they have to find each other,that's the goal of the "game".
    All the other stuff like a career,being succesful,material things,etc,are not important,
    what really matters in life is finding that person that you used to be married to
    in the previous life.
    BUT,there's something that can go wrong: if one of them don't recognize the other.
    I've found my soul mate,I "remet" her 9 years ago and I recognized her as my wife
    in all the previous life,my soul/mind/whatever-you-call-the-software-component-
    of-a-person went like "leticia??,leticiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!,my loveeeeee!!!,
    it's mee!!!,I missed youu so muuuuchhh!!",
    BUT,something went really wrong and because of a bug in the program of the universe
    or something,she didn't recognize me!!!!!!!!. aaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhh!!!!.
    and that's the story of why my life sucks

ps: no,I didn't tell her that!,I didn't behave as a maniac!.I wrote her love letters,
    I talked to her,I even got to dance a slow and romantic song with ther,but
    that was it,nothing more happened,and it's a long story,but,since I'm a nerd,
    and she's beautiful and popular, you can guess all of it,
    like any high school movie,exept for the fact that in the movies the nerd gets
    the girl because she stops being shallow and realize that he's a good
    guy,and looks and being popular is not everything that matters and blabla,
    but in reality it never happens,they always choose the popular painted-hairs sports/gym-guy that treats them like shit,
    the good guy that adores the girl,never gets her.
    nothing

Thanks

i never believed in previous/future lives, or karma, so what you just said meant absolutly nothing to me. no offense, but i think it's more of the fact that we always want what we can't have that you wanted that chick, than the soulmate arguement.

again, my opinion, dont read too much into it.

Thanks

I never used to believe in them, but until a year ago everything changed.
    People who go on dates suck. Argh, I better not get into any explanations or it'd take a long time. I might explain myself later why I think there is such thing. But there is.

Thanks

I believe in soulmates.
    Book: What are we up to, sweetheart?
    River: Fixing your Bible.
    Book: I, um... what?
    River: Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logics. Doesn't make sense.

River: I took these out of your symbol and they became paper, and I wanted to put them back.

"I hate anal pregnancy. Nobody ever likes a poo baby or buys it jammies." -Breklor on LJ

Thanks

Nope. Even if you find someone that you deeply love more than anything, how does that by any means imply that there was something more at work, or some destiny of it to occur? It seems like folly to me.

Thanks
    EP Points

I do, i'm a romantic. Also i'm alone sunday night lag.
    But yeah, if I meet somebody i'm sure i'll know.