Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Doom: The Movie (???)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    did you peep ju on? i was freaked out by this movie.
    One of my favourites. Along with the Ringu series.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GareJei
    One of my favourites. Along with the Ringu series.
    I heard the American version of The Grudge was terrible. I still have to see it. And the Ring 2. I like Japanese (original) versions better though. Haven't seen many of them, though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    I heard the American version of The Grudge was terrible. I still have to see it. And the Ring 2. I like Japanese (original) versions better though. Haven't seen many of them, though.
    [offtopic]
    Yes, the American remakes of both the Ju-On and the Ringu series are terrible compared to the Japanese ones. Actually, the American movie "The Ring Two" has absolutely nothing to do with the original Ringu 2: they've written a new story for the US version. And it sucked. Big time. So much for Hollywood. *sigh*

That piece of sh*t is not worth watching, believe me.
    [/offtopic]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GareJei
    [offtopic]
    Yes, the American remakes of both the Ju-On and the Ringu series are terrible compared to the Japanese ones. Actually, the American movie "The Ring Two" has absolutely nothing to do with the original Ringu 2: they've written a new story for the US version. And it sucked. Big time. So much for Hollywood. *sigh*

That piece of sh*t is not worth watching, believe me.
    [/offtopic]
    I'll take your word, Garejei.
    You're a Japanese film fan, hey? I can tell

Thanks

The Ring Two did suck big time, the deer scene actually made me laugh a little...thats when you know a 'horror' movies sad.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Michaels
    under normal circumstances, i'd respond with: i really don't give a crap if you hate me for something as simple as saying wanker instead of waker. and to tell people they need a life for that, over something over the net...perhaps you should take some of your own advice of having a life. under normal circumstances. however, i didn't even realize that i said wanker instead of waker. i could have sworn i said waker because i did enjoy that game alot so i'd have no reason to poke fun of its name. i guess it was an error of mine then. seriously, i could have sworn i typed waker and i checked if my post was edited by someone else you know, like those who literally can change other's posts and it wasn't so my bad WIND WAKER. there. :eyeball: on topic, has anyone actually seen doom yet? (assuming its already been released)

I'm going to see DOOM later tonight. News said it got terrible reviews, but that's because it's got nothing to work with. I heard it's a great action flick, as long as you're not looking for character development or a good plot.

As for the Wind Wanker thing... it just really pisses me off that people are going to attack a game by making a 3rd grade joke about it's title. It's the people who deliberately go out of their way to say that which drives me nuts. Kind of like the people who call where I work (Superstore) Stupid-store. It's just... juvenile.

Sometimes you can't expect much from the 'net, understandably.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Lucxus
    I thiknk the mortal kombat movies were pretty good, but that was a fair while ago that i saw them(it?)
    Them. "Mortal Kombat" and "Mortal Kombat: Annnihilation"
    Both movies sucked. Utterly, utterly sucked.
    I still own them, but that means nothing. They were horrendous, had almost no movement whatsoever, and even the fight scenes -- the one thing you would think would be a saving grace for them -- weren't that memorable.

The part that always stuck with me was killing off Sub-Zero with a bucket of water. I mean... seriously, Sub-Zero was like, uber-badass. They tossed him aside like he was nothing. He was one of the best characters in the game.

Thanks

I saw Doom last night and I thought it was like... A 7-8, it was pretty good, a little slow here and there, but it wasn't horrible. The scenes at the end were crazy awesome.
    "...There's something behind me, isn't there?"

Thanks

that first person view shit i think ruined the movie.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

To be perfectly honest, I thought the FPS view was pretty good. I like how they managed to incorporate it into a main battle scene, especially against a demon that everyone who played the games knew was coming out of that particular guy (subtle hints, anyone?)

It was a far better movie than I expected. It wasn't your traditional "marines go in, shoot shit up and leave" kind of movie. While it had that element, there was actual conflict between the characters, contrasts of interests, and interesting movement. The character development of John "Reaper" Grimm and Sam Grimm was kind of annoying... it was more like "End of action sequence. Cue pretensious back-story."

If you would amuse me, Maverick, could you please tell me why you thought the FPS view was so bad? I'm kind of curious as to the reasoning behind your statement. It's nice to have facts sometimes.

The main problem I had was that they barely introduced the characters. They used the guns IDing them through vocal relay to give us the names, and it was kind of hard to follow some of that. The more obvious ones were there, of course -- it was easy to recognize Sarge, Reaper and The Kid, as well as Destroyer -- but the others you kind of had to wait until they were in trouble before you really remember what their name was. It wasn't really fed to us enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

I saw the movie on saturday...

Same for me, it was better then I expected, Id say it could have been longer. And I was expecting more FPS views, but that was from not looking at the other stuff. The major disappointment for me (one part i did know about the movie) was that they didnt go to hell or anything, no portal or otherwise. If you dont view it as being based on Doom, it holds up pretty good. 7.5 or so our of 10 for me

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There has been a huge controversy over the fact that they don't go to Hell, and that the demons are actually biological mutations, stemming from an additional chromosome rather than Hellspawn. I went into the movie knowing this, so it didn't really bother me too much.

I like how they explained the Arch. I thought that was rather nifty.

What did kind of bother me, however, was the entire lack of monsters. There were like... four imps and a Baron of Hell, and a pinkie. That's about it... for anyone who's ever played the game (which is pretty much everyone on this forum) you will remember that DOOM was shock-full of monsters around every corner. I just finished playing DOOM II and am yet to see one room that only has four imps in it. I think I just finished mowing through a gang of 15 Princes of Hell and a Cyberdemon.

Comparison just doesn't work out. I was expecting a lot more zombie hordes, kind of like what happened in Resident Evil. But at least they kept it rather minimal and realistic (to some extent) with the number of people actually on the base.

Not enough BFG for me.

Mikey_ Guest

cool. so its worth my 10.50 to watch this movie.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Methamphetamine
    Not enough BFG for me.
    BFG?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    BFG?
    Big Fucking Gun.