Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Online Demo

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy Online Demo

I'm really interested in getting final fantasy XI, but i want to try it out before i drop the 30 bucks to test it out. Can someone give me a link to a demo and/or some insight into the game play? thanks fellas

Thanks

I don't think there is a demo. The only way for you to try it out is to buy it or play it at a friends that has it. I own it and when I was able to play it I had lots of fun. Most time I ever put into a MMO. I'd still be playing it if I had my computer and dsl. It can be a pain finding a party sometimes though.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

Thanks

i really dig Guild Wars, do you think ill enjoy it?

Thanks

maybe. i beleave guild wars is all about player vs player. so it's like my guild is stronger than your guild type thing.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Get SWG its better.

Thanks
    EP Points

SWG is horrible.

And if your a guild wars person, you probably wont like this since it requires a certain amount of skill and time way above that of GW

Thanks

actually, thats why im looking into something else. Ive rocked the hell out of GW and i want something more challenging.

Thanks

well there is no pvp in FF11... only ballista.. wich is kinda like player vs player team games...

never got into one but the idea was SO BAD and so uninteresting that i never signed up to try it...

as for me... i don't like ff11. I played for too much time, and only got to lvl 27... tried to do some fun stuff.. and never really found anything fun to do.. so it wasn't my kind of game...

i'm in WoW but not too much... i'm not the kind of guy who likes to play rpgs everyday so i get tired of playing for a few months.. then play everyday for a while....

Thanks
    EP Points

I also played FFXI for about a year a couple years back. It was fun, and I'll admit I miss it, but it wasn't worth the money since 50% of my time was spent sitting and waiting to get a party.

If they had made the game more solo-able, I'd still be playing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingGnats
    I also played FFXI for about a year a couple years back. It was fun, and I'll admit I miss it, but it wasn't worth the money since 50% of my time was spent sitting and waiting to get a party.

If they had made the game more solo-able, I'd still be playing.
    Be a BLM or WHM and you'll never stop getting invites. When I farmed if I wasn't annonymous I'd constantly get bugged by people to level(as BLM).

The games a blast, I think it's a good MMO to start with as well. It was my first and I learned very quickly. I kind of miss MMO's but I know if I start playing again I'll get hooked so I'm staying far far away.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks
    EP Points

I know that, but I'd still have liked to be able to go without a party without having to become a Beastmaster. Parties were too much of a hassle. People would leave for no reason and get you killed, one bad pull could result in 20 minutes of waiting for the enemies to go away, etc.

It was more like work than a game. I really do miss the world, though. And I had a blast farming wood and all that, and yelling profanities at all the Chinese woodcutting bots there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DementedLullaby
    Be a BLM or WHM and you'll never stop getting invites. When I farmed if I wasn't annonymous I'd constantly get bugged by people to level(as BLM).

The games a blast, I think it's a good MMO to start with as well. It was my first and I learned very quickly. I kind of miss MMO's but I know if I start playing again I'll get hooked so I'm staying far far away.
    i was a WHM and i waited over 4 hours to get a party (and logged because nobody was inviting me) at the place you go after you get the ship pass.... was a while ago...

that game was WORK you needed to go everywhere to do a simple quest... kill lots of monsters to level up.. and you lose 5 or 6 monsters worth of xp when you die... the game economy was destroyed because of the farmers... and bad encounters with people who don't know how to play or hates you if you don't have the exact gear/subclass that he want you to have because you're "uber" with it...

as i said: not my kind of mmo...

Thanks

Understandable. I was in a very good link shell on a decent server and had a pretty good name so I never had any problems. I was even pals with some farmers, they used to give me stuff for warping them lol. If your a very social person then it's a great game to try out, you have to be patient though.

Mining was some of my favorite times. Go to Ifrits Cavern and try to avoid all the monsters while hitting all the mining points you can. Great cash but sooo dangerous. As far as parties go yeah they were a major pain in the ass. If you have an active linkshell static parties are a great way to level though. It got to a point where thats the only type of party I bother with. Being a WHM and not getting an invite is harsh though .
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    I'm really interested in getting final fantasy XI, but i want to try it out before i drop the 30 bucks to test it out.
    Geh, I wouldn't mind trying it out. But PS2 version + Network Adapater + service charges and you're looking at about $200 Canadain just to try out a game...
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Or 30 bucks for the PC version :\