Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who plans on buying an xbox 360?

Thanks

Default Who plans on buying an xbox 360?

We're getting ever closer to the system's launch, and I, of course, am way too broke/cheap to get one anyway. (The only systems i currently own are a pc, psx, and gba) But I'm curious. Is anyone intrigued enough by the pre-launch buzz to put their faith in ol Bill Gate$ and spring for the "xbox 1.5"?
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Ba11a
    We're getting ever closer to the system's launch, and I, of course, am way too broke/cheap to get one anyway. (The only systems i currently own are a pc, psx, and gba) But I'm curious. Is anyone intrigued enough by the pre-launch buzz to put their faith in ol Bill Gate$ and spring for the "xbox 1.5"?

I'm out. Too pricey for me.

Thanks

If I had the money, sure. I'm aiming towards the PS3 at the moment.

Thanks

Eventually....... And that is a very big eventually.

Thanks

Glad I'm not the only one what worries me though, is m$ofts possible plan to ship "upgrades" to the 360. Which may make the whole thing even pricier. Not to mention the launch titles arent very exciting. But that game Condemned looks awesome...
    "The world is like a game. Once a m*********** get a understanding of the game, and what the levels and the rules of the game is, then the world aint no trick no more. The world is a game to be played." -Pac

Mikey_ Guest

i think i will. but i wanna know more about the revo. i spent up half the money i had aside for the 360 in long island damnit lol now i really have to save up.

Thanks

Aside from not wanting to know what you could possibly blow money on in Long Island...I must say, quiet rich bastard! there...i said it...

Mikey_ Guest

lol i'm not rich. i seperated a few hundred for the 360 since it was gonna be released the earliest and is prolly gonna be the best with online gaming which is new to me as far as consoles go. as for spending in LI, well, 20 bucks for round trip tickets, 4 bucks for a metro card 20 bucks aside for cab money in case i run late getting there/coming back home. then another 80 bucks for food (i was there for more than a week and a lil extra money for stuff i see if i wanna get them. which i bought 4 ps2 games lol bad shawn, bad

Thanks

lol, ok not rich, just richer than me. What is the price point on the 360? When ps2 shipped wasnt it somewhere in the 400 range? or 350...or something like that.

Mikey_ Guest

ii think the ps2 was 300. 360 might be 400 or so. which isn't that bad considering its a next gen system. i just thinks its funny cuz someone before said that the nes was 200 when it came out and that system is NOT worth that much. especially with such a crap library of games.

Thanks

Oooooh....*hands shawn a flame shield* Theres some old guys around here that dont like those comments But prices have always been way too high at system launch. Plus If I remember right, games have always cost around 50 bucks. From the snes days til now. Some even jumped to 60. (I think i remember hearing that superman64 was 60 bucks *shudder*)

Mikey_ Guest

*hands you the flame shield back* im' not scared of the nes fanboys here. they know i'm right when i say that the majority of nes games were crap. game pricing....i remember not long ago seeing final fantasy 3 i believe for 50 bucks at a gamestop. amazing.

Thanks

Well...the final fantasy games are always gonna be expensive. But I think games were pricey even back to the atari and colecovision days. (My first gaming system was a turbografix-16, but I never actualy bought any of the games, they were all given to me)

Thanks

Meh. Girlfriend pre ordered the big expensive one, but I don't see me playing it much lol.

Thanks

I'm waiting for the Core System. The X360 in its bare form just isnt appetizing. And even when the CS comes out, I'll still be waiting for the price to go down at least $50