Thread: Original Xbox can read burned audio cd's

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Original Xbox can read burned audio cd's

I was wondering, is there ANY non-modded (100% retail) Xbox version, or anything actually that can read burned audio cd's. My friend just got his Xbox, out of the box could apparently read burned audio cd's.
    As far as I know, the last time I checked (ok I admit it's been a while since i've saw an unmodded box) no Xbox could do that by default.

So yeah, is it something I missed, or i'm completly off track? Or maybe my friend is lying, something that wouldn't surprise me anyway.

Thanks for answering that.
    --pools

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep. It all depends on the DVD Drive in it. Thompsons are least likely to play them (CD-RWs may work decently), older phillips and new samsungs have a decent chance, but newer phillips and older samsungs are the best

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    I was wondering, is there ANY non-modded (100% retail) Xbox version, or anything actually that can read burned audio cd's. My friend just got his Xbox, out of the box could apparently read burned audio cd's.
    As far as I know, the last time I checked (ok I admit it's been a while since i've saw an unmodded box) no Xbox could do that by default.

So yeah, is it something I missed, or i'm completly off track? Or maybe my friend is lying, something that wouldn't surprise me anyway.

--pools
    My xbox was one of the first models and can only read rewritable audio cds however my bros which is about 4 months after my xbox has no problem reading normal burned cds

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny

--pools
    Mine does it just fine .

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah I see. That's what I thought, but never got to check before modding boxes.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett
    My xbox was one of the first models and can only read rewritable audio cds however my bros which is about 4 months after my xbox has no problem reading normal burned cds
    Doesnt matter when it was made, all that matters is the drive thats inside. It can be different even if they were made in the same time period