Thread: Probly answered million times a day.. I don't know how to USE the games >_<

Thanks

Question Probly answered million times a day.. I don't know how to USE the games >_<

Okay, I have Virtual Daemon manager V3.29 and im trying to run Eco the Dolphin on Chankast.. I have all the Bios and everything. But when I load the image on Daemon tools, I well cant.. First off I have to check the -All images- for it to show up, does Daemon tools suport NRG? Well, step by step this is what ive done:

I used Emule to downlaod Eco the Dolphin. I unziped the Archive and got 1file from it which is, http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...asjf263326.jpg

Then I bring up chainkast, click start and then upload that one file with Daemond tools by click that all image thing, otherwise it won't show.. Then on Chankast it does nothing I click Play and it does erm.... nothing
    Any help whatsoever apreciated

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, it would help if you gave us a pic that we could see, that one is way to small to make out anything. Usually, you just click the Daemon lightning bolt icon in the system tray (bottom right of Windows) and bring up the little menu, and select Mount Image or whatever it says, browse to the image directory, and select it. Also make sure the Analog sound option is checkmarked in that menu too. If it's a NRG image format, there's a chance it is not self-booting, meaning it won't run in Chankast without some modification. Zorlon wrote a guide for doing that in this section under Emulator and Hardware Guides. Also, Chankast should be set up so that it can read from the mounted drive, so if the drive is , or E:, F:, whatever, Chankast needs to be pointing in that direction. The CD plug-in setting for Chankast should also be set to CD-ROM INTERFACE XXX to work. If you keep getting the Dreamcast menu screen with all the little wiggling controller/clock/vmu/music icons, your BIOS might be corrupted. Click my sig and go to my website and download the ones you need and extract them to the main directory for Chankast, and do not modify them, they are ready to go as-is and will work. I dunno what region (US, JAP, EURO) the Ecco game you have is so you may have to fiddle around til you get it right unless you know what region it is. Ugh, too much typing.....

Thanks

Okay.. I'll mess around with it later, sorry about the pic o.0 All it does is show a file with a disc... Yeah, maybe its not self bootable or something.. I need to do some stuff before school now, thanks again i'll check it out later Oh yeah, and does it matter that in Daemon tools I have to tell it to look for All Files.. It seems like Daemon tools doesnt erm.. -Thinks of word- coroperate? with the nrg things..
    Last edited by Max_buster; 11th-October-2005 at 20:27.

Thanks

Do I have to have a cd-burner? He mentions burning the cd...

Thanks

Ok. Just here to say if you have to select show all files to see your
    .nrg image it means that your version of DT don't support those files.
    I have v3.47 and I can select .nrg type from OpenDialog box.

I know that for Chankast DT v3.29 is recommended but I've played
    few games using .3.47 and don't encounter any problems... (including .cdi images)

Thanks

Hmm, should I get version 3.47 then? I dunno, im totaly lost

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Max_buster
    Hmm, should I get version 3.47 then? I dunno, im totaly lost
    yeah that might be a good idea

Then I bring up chainkast, click start and then upload that one file with Daemond tools by click that all image thing, otherwise it won't show.. Then on Chankast it does nothing
    By the way, I dunno if that you just typed that wrong, but you said you run chankast before you mounted the game, mount the game first then run chankast.
    Last edited by AKUMA™; 12th-October-2005 at 05:05.

Thanks

-Feels stupid- mount the game first, THEN run chaincast? I'll try that.. I got another version of the same game, I got up chaincast loaded the game and then hit play and it worked! Works, but erm graphics are messed up lol.. I figure its the ISo, the memory card problem I fixed, I had to delete the previous content in it =3
    Last edited by Max_buster; 12th-October-2005 at 13:05.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Max_buster
    -Feels stupid- mount the game first, THEN run chaincast? I'll try that.. I got another version of the same game, I got up chaincast loaded the game and then hit play and it worked! Works, but erm graphics are messed up lol.. I figure its the ISo, the memory card problem I fixed, I had to delete the previous content in it =3
    Well, it's not the ISO, but the emu. Chankast is still just a baby as far as emulators go, so it's not perfect when running games

Thanks

On the official Chankast forum it says that we should use 3.29.0.0. The newer version supports the .NRG image format, but unfortunately it doesn't work with Chankast. (Correct me if I'm wrong). I only download Dreamcast images in the following formats:
    '.CDI'
    '.CCD', '.IMG'., '.SUB'
    '.MDF', '.MDS'

Thanks

Dunno, im haveing much trouble figureing the thing out =(