Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegans

Thanks

Default Vegans

Want to see if there any vegans here at good ole EP. The way my health has it (stomach problems) it is looking likely that in a month I will have to become a vegan, for a month at least, to see if it makes a difference. And of course I have to hope it will because it's a million times better than the alternative.

Anyway, if there are any vegans here I'd be greatful for any information you can give me (encouragement not to commit suicide is probably good as well though ). This was know as a possiblity to me in the past, but now it's pretty certain that it will become a reality. I haven't started my research, but I soon will.

Thanks all.

Thanks

What is a vegan exactly? i've heard the term but ive never inquired to what is was until now.

Thanks

Someone with a diet of not eating any animal products. No meat, no milk, no eggs.

Thanks

no animal product. no meat, dairy, or eggs.

pretty sucky, really. i dont recommend it, but you do what u gotta do.

if u don't mind me asking, what condition is forcing a vegan lifestyle? i ask b/c i want to prevent it at all costs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, you now a vegetarian? Well, more full on then that, no animal products whatsoever.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyMadman
    if u don't mind me asking, what condition is forcing a vegan lifestyle? i ask b/c i want to prevent it at all costs.
    Well, the vegan lifestyle is not necessarily the solution, but it might be. And everything else has pretty much been dead ends, so I'm willing to try whatever.

The thing that I have is Eosinophilic Esophagitis, but it's also quite possible I have EG (they haven't actually found any eosinophils when they've gone into my stomach on a few occasions however) so it's not necessarily confirmed. However it is very likely as nothing else has shown up, and I certainly have EE. EE in itself isn't too much of a problem (my esophagus is kinda fucked from it, but it's not actually a problem to me), but the stomach definately is.

It's a relatively new thing and as such they don't have tons of information on it. However, It has been seen in cases that animals products have been quite a problem. So yeah, that's where I am.

Thanks

goddamn, sorry to hear that man. I personally love eating the charred flesh of another animal, but im a heathen. I hope you get better so you can be back to eating sweet, sweet flesh in no time

But seriously, hope you get better soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    But seriously, hope you get better soon.
    Thanks, I'd really hope for them to find something else. However, it's looking like becoming a Vegan is the best case scenario for me, because it is at least a solution (if it in fact works).

Thanks

Something I said in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Did you know that the reason why homo sapiens(modern humans) were the only ones to last as long was because they began to eat more meat than any of the other human species? All that meat, thrown in with evolution, promoted cerebral growth. The vegeterian tribes of humans eventually all became extinct... just something to think about.
    Okay, that was inappropriate, my bad. I'm sorry to hear that man, is your condition anything like an ulcer? My sister suffers from a stomach ulcer but that's cause she never took care of what she ate. She also drinks lots of coffee and has a history of stomach complications...

Didn't your doc reccomend something for indigestion like Zantac?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Okay, that was inappropriate, my bad. I'm sorry to hear that man, is your condition anything like an ulcer? My sister suffers from a stomach ulcer but that's cause she never took care of what she ate. She also drinks lots of coffee and has a history of stomach complications...

Didn't your doc reccomend something for indigestion like Zantac?
    Naw, I don't have a stomach ulcer. That was about one of the very first things that they looked for. I've been on plenty of medications to little avail. I don't know that I've been on something similar to Zantac in specific however.

Thanks

As long as you don't forget to supplement some foods for what your missing it's worth a try. Make sure to eat lots of products that contain beans for protien especially. Stay away from products that contain caffeine or are considering "Junky" food. Stay away from products that contain aspirin(stick to tylenol or acemetophin products <---may be spelled wrong)and alcohol as well. Soft drinks can also be hell on the stomache. Maybe you've taken pantaloc before, if not it can't hurt to try, ask your doctor.

Some advice from someone with a stomache ulcer . Stay safe.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DementedLullaby
    As long as you don't forget to supplement some foods for what your missing it's worth a try. Make sure to eat lots of products that contain beans for protien especially. Stay away from products that contain caffeine or are considering "Junky" food. Stay away from products that contain aspirin(stick to tylenol or acemetophin products <---may be spelled wrong)and alcohol as well. Soft drinks can also be hell on the stomache. Maybe you've taken pantaloc before, if not it can't hurt to try, ask your doctor.

Some advice from someone with a stomache ulcer . Stay safe.
    Heheh, thanks. In fact, I don't really eat/drink anything with caffeine. I don't eat much chocolate at all, and I don't drink soft drinks. I don't take any over the counter drugs (ever) and alcohol is another no for me.

It might not be the worst thing in the world...I'll just have to see. I'm thinking it might be good to see a nutritionist or someone who could help me figure things out to begin with.

Edit: Looked up Pantaloc, seems to go also under the name of Protonix, which I had taken before, to no avail.
    Last edited by Xaenn; 11th-October-2005 at 03:22.

Thanks

and don't forget to stay away with candy with gelatin.

Sticking in the back of some guy named Randy
    Thanks

Well, I try to avoid dairy as much as phsyically possible, though the occasional bit of cheese i can handle.
    As it turns out, I am invariably grossed out by the concept of drinking cow mucus or eating substances made out of cow mucus.

I still eat meat though.
    I am in no way responsible for the above post. It was my hand's fault. Bad hand.
    ---------------------------------------

---------------------------------------

Thanks

You know, after watching Starved, I was actually going to CONSIDER becoming vegan just for the health benefits. During that five minutes of consideration, I was like, "Wait. I like bacon. I like cheese (to an extent). I like milk. I HATE soy. This is simply not going to work out."