Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The cook's thread.

Thanks

linkin that sig owns...

YOU ARE NOT YOUR FUCKING POST COUNT!

Mikey_ Guest

i don't think i've ever tried butter cream before. care to bless us incompetant pastry folks here at ep with your recipe for this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Michaels
    i don't think i've ever tried butter cream before. care to bless us incompetant pastry folks here at ep with your recipe for this?
    You probably have had buttercream before, it's very commonly used. The stuff used on store bought items sucks, though.
    Buttercream
    2 cubes softened butter (1 cup)
    1/2 cup of crisco butter flavored
    2 tsp of vanilla
    1 bag of powdered sugar
    4-6 tblsp half-half or whipping cream unwhipped (better than milk)

Whip butter, crisco and vanilla together until fluffy
    Add 3/4 of the bag powder sugar or until it starts to pull away from the side of the mixer, while mixing add half-half slowly until consistancy you want.

The consistancy should feel almost velvet in spreading. Very smooth.

These are also delicious frostings. <3
    Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting
    1 pint Heavy Cream
    Reserved liquid from the draining of fresh strawberry jam
    2 tablespoons Cream de Cassis (or other liquor) - Optional
    1/4 Cup powdered sugar (or to taste)

Chill the bowl and beaters (or whisk) for 15 minutes. Into the chilled bowl, pour your heavy cream and whip until the cream starts to thicken. Add the liquid and half of the sugar and whip to incorporate. Taste and adjust the sugar. Continue whipping untill the cream is fluffy and stiff. I prefer to let it go a little past the stiff peak stage for frosting.

Gooey Frosting
    1/4 cup butter or margarine
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 1/2 cups of icing sugar
    2 tablespoons of milk

Beat it all together in a bowl. Add more milk or icing sugar to play around with the consistency until you get it to your desired thickness.

I didn't come up with these recipes myself, but garnered them from people with experience. They taste great.

Mikey_ Guest

omg. will you marry me kei lol (assuming ur a girl) i'm so gonna try this tomorrow! thanks alot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Michaels
    omg. will you marry me kei lol (assuming ur a girl) i'm so gonna try this tomorrow! thanks alot
    Yep, I'm a girl. Prolly not the best thing to say on a gaming forum though, considering the amount of fanboys who troll such places.
    Book: What are we up to, sweetheart?
    River: Fixing your Bible.
    Book: I, um... what?
    River: Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logics. Doesn't make sense.

River: I took these out of your symbol and they became paper, and I wanted to put them back.

"I hate anal pregnancy. Nobody ever likes a poo baby or buys it jammies." -Breklor on LJ

Mikey_ Guest

i'm sure they'll all be polite. if not i along with many other of the mature members and mods will put'em in their places.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyMadman
    linkin that sig owns...

YOU ARE NOT YOUR FUCKING POST COUNT!
    I know this is insignificant to the topic, but yes, my sig rules. Fight Club is, and always will be, one of my top 10 movies of all time.

Now... where was I? Oh yeah... Ramen Rules!
    It's kinda sad that I can't make anything really good. I do, on occasion, like to try something new and interesting, and I once tried to kix some sauteed veggies with rice... Now as much as a like rice... no wait , lemme rephrase that... I LOVE rice, this I remember, did not turn out right at all... and for a 22 year old, that kinda sucks. All I know is that I will probably be following a cook book for the rest of my life. ONe thing I can say though, is that no matter what is being made on the Food Network (even seafood, which I despise), will make my mouth start to drool beyond belief. Well, there's my two cents.

Thanks
    EP Points

Don't cook much, or i make "instant" things. Sometimes sushi, but yeah that's not like it was hard to do anyway. I still love a good steak on the BBQ, but there's no special receipe either. :\

Thanks

Pizza 73 or Boston Pizza are the only way to go for me. I also like Swiss Chalet takeout and the little chinese restaurant 3 blocks from my house. of course nobody outside of canada would know about swiss chalet. Schutzstaffel or any of the other Canadians here would care to back me up on this?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I actually don't like Swiss Chalet. If you're not looking for takeout and you're not living in the heart of Edmonton, that or you don't mind driving somewhere for a good sit down meal (perhaps with a lurver), you should go to Gus' in Fort Saskatchewan. Wonderful place. Really romantic, but a good place to sit down if you're just looking for an actual meal, too.

That is very specific to McGuinty, because I used to live out where he lives.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Soeru
    Did you know that the reason why homo sapiens(modern humans) were the only ones to last as long was because they began to eat more meat than any of the other human species? All that meat, thrown in with evolution, promoted cerebral growth. The vegeterian tribes of humans eventually all became extinct... just something to think about.

That is the most useful information I've heard in ages. THANK YOU!!!!!

Thanks

The Fort's a bit of a drive, i live near Westmount, but if I feel ambitious i might pay that place a visit. is it a good place to take a date?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kei_Hoshiakari
    I'm a girl
    ZOMG IT'S REI

Also, I make tacos every now and then. Not that I'm about to give you people a very redundant recipe for them, but.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by S
    ZOMG IT'S REI

Also, I make tacos every now and then. Not that I'm about to give you people a very redundant recipe for them, but.
    Rei? I'm Kei. =o And tacos are superior, but I prefer making gorditas over tacos.
    Book: What are we up to, sweetheart?
    River: Fixing your Bible.
    Book: I, um... what?
    River: Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logics. Doesn't make sense.

River: I took these out of your symbol and they became paper, and I wanted to put them back.

"I hate anal pregnancy. Nobody ever likes a poo baby or buys it jammies." -Breklor on LJ

Thanks

someone mentioned earlier making ramen with the mac and cheese powder...good stuff. i've been doing that as long as i can remember, ever since a mouse chewed thru the mac and cheese box, making the mac spill everywhere when i lifted it. the packet of cheese was intact, so i figured ramen would do. boy, i underestimated that one...