Thread: Grand Theft Auto London 1969 PSX

Thanks

Default Grand Theft Auto London 1969 PSX

Hey,

Is there a way to play Grand Theft Auto London 1969 on ePSXe using just the ISO files of GTA London and the original GTA?

I loaded up London and is asks me to put in the original GTA so, I go to "File>Change disc>ISO" and select the original GTA and instead of loading that it returns me to the same screen of 'Please insert original GTA disc'.

Is it possible with just the ISO images or do you need the actual discs?

Also, I've noticed that whenever I use the change ISO feature without exiting ePSXe and loading another ISO that it never works. I select another ISO and it returns me to the ISO I'm already running. Why is this?

Thanks.

Edit: I'm running version 1.6.0
    Last edited by tookep; 9th-October-2005 at 22:51.

Thanks

check if your CDs are the same region. Are they both NTSC?

cause for the PAL version of London 1969, you don't need the original GTA. Seeing as your London asks for the original GTA, that means you got the NTSC version SLUS-00846
    But is your GTA NTSC too? Cause I'm thinking it's the PAL version you got of GTA SLES-00032. you need the SLUS-00106 one

if you don't know what all those numbers are I just mentioned, those are Sony ID serials that are on all their CDs. Mount the iso with daemon and browse it. You'll see the ID as filenames SLUS_008.46
    Last edited by Myst; 9th-October-2005 at 23:21.

Thanks

They are both NTSC and I don't have the discs as I downloaded them from the traker; only the Bin & cue files.

Thanks

the bin is a CD image. they're basically CDs as well. Mount the cue with daemon, and you have a virtual copy of the actual CD. but it really shouldn't matter wether you're running them as image file or actual CD. epsxe doesn't make a diffirence in recognizing them

anyways, I dunno. I have PAL versions so I didn't need to swap discs. but the change iso thing does work for me for other games. Dunno why it doesn't do it for you with GTA

Thanks

Oh well, thanks anyway

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Try loading the GTA disc first, then change discs to the GTA London 1969 disc.

I don't know if this will work, since I don't have GTA (yet) but it's worth a shot.

Thanks

That worked! I don't know why I didn't try that!

Excellent! Thank you!

Are you downloading GTA off of the tracker because I'm helping to seed that at the moment.

*Goes off to play GTA: London*

Thanks

Haha, ok, ok. So, the menu loads up fine and I go to play it and get this:

What the deuce?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tookep
    That worked! I don't know why I didn't try that!

Excellent! Thank you!

Are you downloading GTA off of the tracker because I'm helping to seed that at the moment.

*Goes off to play GTA: London*
    No, not yet. I want to get it, but I'm downloading/uploading too much right now to squeeze that torrent in too.

As for your problem with the game, if you're using the Soft graphics plugin, then try the D3D or OpenGL plugin, and fiddle around with the settings under Textures and Compatibility, and maybe that'll solve the problem.

If not then try PSXeven--like ePSXe, it allows you to change discs.
    http://batard.psxfanatics.com/

Sorry I can't help more, but I've never played GTA London 1969 before on ePSXe (I have it, but I need GTA to play it) so I'm not sure what to do exactly.
    Last edited by SegNin; 10th-October-2005 at 02:09.