Thread: PSP Emulation question.

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PSP Emulation question.

Well, I've decided to get a PSP rather than a modded PS2, so I have a few questions about it.

1. I heard from a friend that if you emulate SNES and stuff on a PSP you can't play any new PSP games, or something. Is this true?

2. How exactly do you get the emulator and whatnot onto the PSP? (please keep in mind that I've only ever actually seen a PSP once before, and only for a few minutes.)

3. If I were to emulate SNES and the like, would I also be able to play downloaded PSP games on it?

4. This is totally noob, but bear with me. How much space does the PSP have? And can extra space be purchased?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingGnats
    Well, I've decided to get a PSP rather than a modded PS2, so I have a few questions about it.

1. I heard from a friend that if you emulate SNES and stuff on a PSP you can't play any new PSP games, or something. Is this true?

2. How exactly do you get the emulator and whatnot onto the PSP? (please keep in mind that I've only ever actually seen a PSP once before, and only for a few minutes.)

3. If I were to emulate SNES and the like, would I also be able to play downloaded PSP games on it?

4. This is totally noob, but bear with me. How much space does the PSP have? And can extra space be purchased?
    1. Erm, unless the game requires you to update your firmware you can play em. Hell, even if the game you wanna play does, you can get past that by using a program that tricks your system into thinking it's got the newest firmware on it.

2. You pop 'em on your memory stick. That's the abridged version of the process. It's really not much harder than that though. You just have to put the emus in the right folder and make sure that they're either KXploit ready, or run through that program before hand.

3. Yes.

4. It depends on your memory stick. The stock 32MB memory stick is adequate for SNES and NES emulation, but if you want to play PSP back ups (As well as certain emulators such as Neo Geo CD) on the system, you're gonna wanna spring for either a 512MB or 1GB memory stick pro duo.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 6th-October-2005 at 00:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

1) Yes
    2) A memory stick duo pro act as the "hard drive". By using various methods you can acheive to execute whatever code you want. Unless you have firmware 2.01.
    3) Yes
    4) Depends on your Duo card.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Heh, follow up questions. >>;

1. Being a PSP noob, when I -do- get the PSP can I count on help from you guys in getting it emulator ready?

2. Is it at all likely that N64 or PSX will be emulated on a PSP?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Heh, follow up questions. >>;

1. Being a PSP noob, when I -do- get the PSP can I count on help from you guys in getting it emulator ready?

2. Is it at all likely that N64 or PSX will be emulated on a PSP?
    1. Sure, why not. My MSN addy should be in my profile. If not, PM me when you get your system.

2. I wouldn't hold my breath. At least not for N64 emulation.

3. Because the cow was there.

Thanks
    EP Points

Mikey_ Guest

Hm.. what about GBA Emulation?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=gba+emulators+for+psp&btnG=Search
    the 3rd link might be useful

Thanks
    EP Points

How about just answering my question like Cyber and Polo did instead of providing a google link I could have searched up myself in 5 seconds? -.- I was looking for the opinions and insights of the forum-goers, not google.

Mikey_ Guest

How about just answering my question like Cyber and Polo did instead of providing a google link I could have searched up myself in 5 seconds? -.- I was looking for the opinions and insights of the forum-goers, not google.
    i would have answered your question if i had an answer for it so instead i gave you a google link that COULD have been useful. which you could have looked up, but obviously didn't. google can be of help sometimes, even if you're a total and utter complete noob to emulation. no offense

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think what he means is that he'd rather get information from people he's hangin' out with, instead of impersonal information on Google. If that makes sense.

Eh, I haven't managed to get the GBA emulator to load a GBA game. It runs GB/C games just fine though. I'll mess around with it again later and letcha know the results.

EDIT: It turns out that the GBA emulator is mislabeled. It only emulates GB/C games. Bah.
    Last edited by Cyberxion; 6th-October-2005 at 02:28.