View Poll Results: Are you going to prebuy the Playstation 3?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I've got the money ready to go now.

4 8.16%
  • Yes. I'll have the money after they announce it.

7 14.29%
  • No. I'm going to wait awhile before purchasing.

12 24.49%
  • No. When the price drops below $300 I'll consider it.

13 26.53%
  • No. I have little or no interest in buying a PS3.

13 26.53%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have u already pre-regged to buy the new Playstation 3?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki
    I've already got Xbox360 and I will get PS3 asap it comes out. After all rabid game-girls never know how to stop. PS3, you're next!
    Xbox 360 releases November 22, 2005 in North America. (CONFIRMED DATE)

Xbox 360 releases December 10, 2005 in Japan. (CONFIRMED DATE)

There's no way you could've gotten a 360 already.

Also, as far as pre-ordering, I have already paid in full for the Xbox 360 Premium ($400) package.
    [center]My ISO-making tutorial

MY ROM/ISO list

XBL Gamertag: El Capitaine.

Access my FTP (for any purpose, upload, download, PM me if you want to use it to facilitate a trade with someone)
    ftp://elcapitaine.serveftp.net (port21)
    User:Emuparadise
    Pass:561224

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    [Microsoft] did this because they werent too sure about the $399 price tag that comes along with the hard drive. But why is'nt it highly possible for developers to create games that can either use it or not? The N64 had a similar deal with that "booster" cartrige or whatever it was.the point is, just because it is'nt standard doesnt mean that it will not be used. When i went to Gamestop to inquire about the 360, the guy told me all the $399 systems were sold out with pre orders while he had a bunch of the $299's left.
    Yeah, no foolin regarding your EB pre-order point. I think they made an egregious error there by spitting the product line between complete and lacking. Ridiculous. But let's hope the HD isn't just lead weight.

No one has a clue to what the system can do. Did'nt Sony say the PS2 was going to be like "playing a CG movie"? I had a PS2, and while the library of games was MUCH better than the Xbox, there is no way in HELL the graphics are better. From my understanding, once again Sony has created a system without thinking of the programmers and the ease of use.

Give me some links to show me some info on the PS3 because right now, im not a believer in the hype.
    I certainly won't say that eveything they showed was the real deal, but MGS4 was a pretty dead ringer to me for actual processing. Come on, it looked remarkable, but it wasn't CG. There were things like clipping and the fact that prerenders have that synthetic "sheen" to them; an element that wasn't present. It was real... But good God was it good looking...

As far as a pre-order for the PS3, pfft.... Yeah, sure!!!! I can afford it!!! :eyeball: :eyeball: :eyeball: :eyeball: :eyeball: :eyeball:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitaine
    Xbox 360 releases November 22, 2005 in North America. (CONFIRMED DATE)

Xbox 360 releases December 10, 2005 in Japan. (CONFIRMED DATE)

There's no way you could've gotten a 360 already.

Also, as far as pre-ordering, I have already paid in full for the Xbox 360 Premium ($400) package.

Aww baaah. You just had to ruin the fun for me! XD Ok ok, I'm sorry I was just joking around, I haven't gotten it yet but my friend will send it to me as soon as it comes out in Japan. (At least that's what she told me on phone)

Secondly, is Fabel for X-Box any good? I've heard a lot about it and I'm thinking to rent it. But if it's not good then I don't want to waste time playing it. Instead I'll just play Ninja Gaiden Black. Thing is since Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black has same storyline with not many changes, it might get a little boring for me to "play it all again". Regardless, master ninja level mode looks really great.

Thanks

Fable is really good, but really short. It's definantly worth a rental, but might not be worth buying.

As for Ninja Gaind Black, im going to trade in my first ninja gainden game for it. It's the original game plus the 2 hurricane packs and 50 bonus "missions". it will also feature a new difficulty level: Ninja Dog. You get armlets that let you do super stuff, but the colors are uber gay and you get "picked on" in some way.

Thanks

Wish I had the luxury of forking out that much cash to pre-order it. Ah well, I'll just have to be patient and wait for the price to fall.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shiki
    Aww baaah. You just had to ruin the fun for me! XD Ok ok, I'm sorry I was just joking around, I haven't gotten it yet but my friend will send it to me as soon as it comes out in Japan. (At least that's what she told me on phone)

Secondly, is Fabel for X-Box any good? I've heard a lot about it and I'm thinking to rent it. But if it's not good then I don't want to waste time playing it. Instead I'll just play Ninja Gaiden Black. Thing is since Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden Black has same storyline with not many changes, it might get a little boring for me to "play it all again". Regardless, master ninja level mode looks really great.
    Yes, I agree that Fable is a great game. Right now I am waiting for the Lost Chapters to come out the end of October. Its just Fable with added stuff like items/monsters/quests/etc.

Can't wait. Fable is the most fun I have ever had with a video game.

Thanks

No My mom said I can get the XboX 360 400 Dollar Package so that's what it's going to be.

Thanks

For all the Xbox fans out there, what would you think/do if the Xbox360 didn't sell up to M$oft's standards...and they simply forced the developers to stop making games for the old Xbox. Or the non-hard drive 360? And instead brought out those games (and new ones) only on the 360?
    Last edited by X-EvansBasher-X; 5th-October-2005 at 14:36.

Thanks
    EP Points

Unfortunately, no. They did this because they werent too sure about the $399 price tag that comes along with the hard drive. But why is'nt it highly possible for developers to create games that can either use it or not? The N64 had a similar deal with that "booster" cartrige or whatever it was.the point is, just because it is'nt standard doesnt mean that it will not be used. When i went to Gamestop to inquire about the 360, the guy told me all the $399 systems were sold out with pre orders while he had a bunch of the $299's left.

I think the point Cyber made is that. If developers start making games that requrie to harddrive then those people who don't have the hard drive will have to buy one, in order to play the games... in effect spending 399$ and getting less then if they bought the other premium pack. This negatively effects the developers in two ways. A, they have to program the games to work with and without a harddrive... which means the harddrive less will be forcing the deveopers. B, if they make games that require the hard drive, they might not sell as well, because there are people who will not be able to play the game, even if they have the console.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hardc0regamer
    For all the Xbox fans out there, what would you think/do if the Xbox360 didn't sell up to M$oft's standards...and they simply forced the developers to stop making games for it? And instead brought out those games (and new ones) only on the 360?

btw, I am not a PlayStation fanboy, but that sure did get ppl's attention
    Who cares.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hardc0regamer
    For all the Xbox fans out there, what would you think/do if the Xbox360 didn't sell up to M$oft's standards...and they simply forced the developers to stop making games for it? And instead brought out those games (and new ones) only on the 360?

btw, I am not a PlayStation fanboy, but that sure did get ppl's attention
    Am I reading this wrong or something? What do you mean?

(Hypothetically) they stop making games for the 360 and force games to be brought out on the 360? WHAT?????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GundamGuy
    This negatively effects the developers in two ways. A, they have to program the games to work with and without a harddrive... which means the harddrive less will be forcing the deveopers. B, if they make games that require the hard drive, they might not sell as well, because there are people who will not be able to play the game, even if they have the console.
    If thats what he meant, then that makes some sense. Does anyone know how much space was used on the original Xbox as virtual memory? I'm assuming that was the main usage for "making worlds more expansive". The 360 is supposed to have 512MB of RAM so i dont see why they would need to have a hard drive for the initial launch titles anyway. The Xbox only had 64MB and i did a pretty amazing jobs on some fronts.

This is pure speculation, but i think that MS planned on making the 360 highly upgradeable and that they will switch to hard-drive only xbox bundles after the initial production costs are covered. From what im reading Sony is planning on taking a BIG hit to the pocket in order to compete with MS.

Thanks

Don't have much intrest for PS 3.

Thanks

Nay dont think ill buy any nextgen console at all .. maybe the revolution but im gaming less and less so i see no meaning for a new console atm

Thanks

If thats what he meant, then that makes some sense. Does anyone know how much space was used on the original Xbox as virtual memory? I'm assuming that was the main usage for "making worlds more expansive". The 360 is supposed to have 512MB of RAM so i dont see why they would need to have a hard drive for the initial launch titles anyway. The Xbox only had 64MB and i did a pretty amazing jobs on some fronts.

This is pure speculation, but i think that MS planned on making the 360 highly upgradeable and that they will switch to hard-drive only xbox bundles after the initial production costs are covered. From what im reading Sony is planning on taking a BIG hit to the pocket in order to compete with MS.
    Here's the best thing about that harddrive--game saves. Without it, we are damned near FORCED to pay extra for one of MSs shitty little memory cards at launch. And being as how MS is starting without the HDD, some games will probably not support the HDD either way so we WILL be forced to use the shitty little memory cards. Personally, I have no intention of getting the barebones version, as I don't want to end up using a shitty little memory card.