View Poll Results: Are you going to prebuy the Playstation 3?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I've got the money ready to go now.

4 8.16%
  • Yes. I'll have the money after they announce it.

7 14.29%
  • No. I'm going to wait awhile before purchasing.

12 24.49%
  • No. When the price drops below $300 I'll consider it.

13 26.53%
  • No. I have little or no interest in buying a PS3.

13 26.53%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have u already pre-regged to buy the new Playstation 3?

Thanks

Default Have u already pre-regged to buy the new Playstation 3?

I'm a playstation fan(boy) and looking forward to the release of #3 in May of 2006. So have you decided to put a deposit down on it or will you be waiting for awhile?

"Merrill Lynch Japan Securities, in the respected Toyo Keizai, stated that the PS3 would likely cost $399, while the initial production could would hover around $499. With millions of units expected to sell in the first 6 months, that could lead to a loss of as much as $1.18 billion in the first year of the Playstation 3's release. Should Microsoft decide to take a heavier loss by underselling their own profit margins, they could put a serious dent in Sony's plans to hold market dominance with the release of their new console computer/videogame system."

Thanks

I shall wait and wait and wait for the price of this system to go down. I think that Paying over 200 bucks for a console is too much.

What do you expect? Everyones bound to be cheap in an emulation forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    I shall wait and wait and wait for the price of this system to go down. I think that Paying over 200 bucks for a console is too much.

I agree!!

I am going to wait untill the price goes down ALOT before I even consider buying one.
    Also: Some of the systems might be bad and need to be recalled like they did with the PS2.......You never know, it could happen.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Eh, I was geared to buy both the XBox 360 and the PS3 at or around thier respective launches, but now I'm not so sure I'm gonna do that. I'll probably hold off for another year or so and see how things are looking then. If the two systems manage to offer something more than the same 'ole games with a shiney coat of paint, then I'll see about picking 'em up.

Thanks

I'm going to wait. Pretty much as Cyber said. If the Ps3 has something great to offer, I'll pick it up. But I don't want to have a similar experience as with the Ps2.

Thanks
    EP Points

Same as Xaenn and Cyber. I don't plan on picking it up until I see something I -have- to have.

Thanks
    EP Points

Waiting for the price to go down, and some way of hax0rzing it to come by.
    No seriously, I need a fresh new console, PSX, GBA and Xbox aren't cutting it anymore. Like as soon as the price drops a bit i'm jumping on.

And you know, when they say it cost them 499$ per console, theyre mostly basing on the cost of the machinery, and the employes, but the first will likely be paid in no time.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,302 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0

I'm not cheap, I'm thrifty I'll probably be buying all 3 new consoles, just not at launch.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

i hope that the 399 is for some sort of release bundle with a couple games memory card, extra controler whatever. i noticed when the psp came out the only thing i could find was one of these so called cost effective bundles.

now if it is 399 for just a system and a controler...give me a break that would be a rip.

Thanks

I'll probably buy all 3 also with maybe the exception of the XBOX(I don't have the current gen one either).

PS3 I'll probably grab at launch, but I am a bit hesitant since my first PS2 died from launch(well repaired now but still).

Revolution is the system I'll be putting a deposit on. It'll probably be the cheapest system out of the 3 as well. Nintendo always has been .
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

Here's the skinny on the Xbox 360. You can purchase it bare-bones with just the controller and the game system for $299. But there is also going to be a $399 package that includes a wireless controller, 20GB hard drive, 1 month subscription to Xbox Live gold (standard service will be free), a headset, and maybe 1 or 2 other things i cant remember (accessories most likely). The release date is currently slated for NOVEMBER 22, although this is completely subject to change. The current model for the Xbox 360 has also been a reality for about a year now and is being tested for bugs and so on. The most noticable launch title for me is Morrowind: Oblivion. I'll more than likely get the $399 package later on when some really kick-ass games come to fruition.

Not to crap on the PS3, i'm gonna wait a long time before i buy one, though i want one of em too. Sony has a great machine, but i really don't like thier marketing tactics. The Sony PS3 has NOT been finalized and no real working model is currently available. MS had actual Xbox game footage (at E3). Unfortunately, every thing that Sony has show for the PS3 has not been real game footage. Sorry fellas, but it sounds like Sony isnt going to give us a reach around.

As for Nintendo, I love them to death, but i'm gonna take the sit and wait approach on thier system too. I bought a Dreamcast, and from what i hear, the big N may be headed that way. I also really hate the oddball controllers they come up with. If they give me a NORMAL controller (no flippers, third legs, single shoulder buttons), then i might buy it before i get a PS3.

I will own them all, but im not sure who will be second, Sony or Nintendo.

(Update: Sony may be releasing the PS3 in April-May of '06)
    Last edited by malice2501; 3rd-October-2005 at 06:32.

Thanks

don't you think this is weird for microsoft to do?

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3143553&did=1

Thanks

I'd wait it out for the gen wars to start coming. cause lets face it. we dont even know half the games being released for them yet. we have a ball park idea of the leading games.

and prices are rediculous. I'll wait it out and just get a new one in box off ebay..lol
    Crusher and Sir Nastercoff r0XXOr!!!

Thanks

Not really. At first they didnt want to make it backwards compatible at all. Thier point of view was (and i agree) that the time, energy, hardware and software that they waste making the Xbox360 backwards compatible could be put towards making the next generation of console gaming that much better. Unfortunately most gamers seem to think this is a good idea and all of the Halo 2 fanbase started moaning like girls. So they're making it a point that the 360 can play Halo 2 and several other hot titles. Seeing them bend over is nice(MS), but i really can't agree with backwards compatability. I had a PS2 and i used the feature for, oh... about a day. And if you have the old games to play on the new system, then you should still have the old system unless you let EB games or someone like that anal-rape you on the price.

I personally hate the entire Halo 2 online community. (not you guys, you're cool) It's filled with a lot of children and guys who yell about where they are going to stick thier penis if you kill them again. So i've personally decided to boycott the game until Bungie stops penalizing me for quitting a King of the hill game as soon as it starts, since i HATE CRAZY KING GAMES AND ODDBALL. (Note: If you are the first to quit a match, you recieve 8th place and lose rank)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by malice2501
    Here's the skinny on the Xbox 360. You can purchase it bare-bones with just the controller and the game system for $299. But there is also going to be a $399 package that includes a wireless controller, 20GB hard drive, 1 month subscription to Xbox Live gold (standard service will be free), a headset, and maybe 1 or 2 other things i cant remember (accessories most likely).
    Can you say objectively, that it was a good idea on Microsoft's part to creat the potential for a devided market? You're going to have some people who have the HDD and some don't, and while anyone could buy one later on should they go with the cheaper pack, Microsoft has essentially robbed developers of the ability to factor the HDD into game development, something that some developers have gone on record as lementing. Bravo Microsoft.

MS had actual Xbox game footage (at E3). Unfortunately, every thing that Sony has show for the PS3 has not been real game footage. Sorry fellas, but it sounds like Sony isnt going to give us a reach around.
    I believe Konami had MGS 4 footage running in real-time at TGS, and it apparently looked pretty damned close to the sort of pre-rendered stuff they showed at E-3. I don't know how it goes to making up for E-3, but TGS showed that while Sony may have tried to play people for chumps by presenting renders as real-time footage, what they showed wasn't too far off the mark as far as what the system is actually capable of.

If they give me a NORMAL controller (no flippers, third legs, single shoulder buttons), then i might buy it before i get a PS3.
    Well, there's supposed to be a controller shell for the stock remote, which makes it like a normal controller.