Thread: How do I extract a ps game from the actual rom?

RyuSeiryuu Guest

Default How do I extract a ps game from the actual rom?

I have some psx roms but I want to learn how to extract the files to my computer so I could maybe share them to some of you guys. But the very first thing I need to learn is to actually extract these files from the disc. Does anyone know how to do this?

totte Guest

yeah you use clone CD or ny type of program of that sort it wil get you the files i think.

Redknight=RG= Guest

the best way to get urself a happy iso is download isobuster, from http://www.isobuster.com ... then use it to extract a bin image of the psx disk, and ur done... be warned, they ARE rather large... if ur gonna be uploading/hosting, u should definantly have broadband...

Zerostrike Guest

CDRWin works good too. Redknight=RG= is not kidding when he said that isos are big. They can get to 650 megs and proablly bigger.

Thanks

Blindread/write suite is an excellent program to extract psx image.
    BTW, there is no such a thing called psx rom, is just psx iso or psx image. You basically make an iso that contain all contents inside the CD.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, if you're a n00b which you are, Blindread/Write would be the SIMPLEST tool to use!!

RyuSeiryuu Guest

Hey, thanks for the help and your warnings on the size of the iso files.