Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great games that you loathed...

Thanks

Post Great games that you loathed...

Simply put you get a game, play it for a week or two, then realize you can't stand it. The day after, it's back wherever you bought it(or if you dled it, poof it's deleted), and what ----es you off the most is when whoever sold it to you is like "Omfg why are you returning that, it pwnzors!".

Any good games you just simply can't stand for some reason?

Here's mine: Banjo Kazooie.
    Yes, i know this is a classic. But it's too close to Super Mario 64. The control mechanism is blatantly copied(very blatantly), you have to go into a level, collect stuff, use it to open more areas, etc. etc. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Rare, we did not need to buy Super Mario 64 twice.

Right?

Stop looking at me like that!
    Alright! I surrender! But i still hate Banjo Kazooie!

:p
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, I'M NOT SURE WHY

Thanks

A lot of people love FFX but I can't stand it. The characters are crap and I hated Sin with a passion. Worst villain EVER.
    MY TRADE LIST :
    http://www.dementedlullaby.freewebspace.com/

Some tomb from out whose sounding door
    She ne'er shall force an echo more,
    Thrilling to think, poor child of sin!
    It was the dead who groaned within
    - E.A Poe

Thanks

honestly, i know most people like rpg's, but i can't stand them. i would rather play something with a bit more action.

It's cross season!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Observer_X
    Simply put you get a game, play it for a week or two, then realize you can't stand it. The day after, it's back wherever you bought it(or if you dled it, poof it's deleted), and what ----es you off the most is when whoever sold it to you is like "Omfg why are you returning that, it pwnzors!".

Any good games you just simply can't stand for some reason?

Here's mine: Banjo Kazooie.
    Yes, i know this is a classic. But it's too close to Super Mario 64. The control mechanism is blatantly copied(very blatantly), you have to go into a level, collect stuff, use it to open more areas, etc. etc. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Rare, we did not need to buy Super Mario 64 twice.

Right?

Stop looking at me like that!
    Alright! I surrender! But i still hate Banjo Kazooie!

:p
    OH MY GOD! How in the name of all the turkey sandwiches can you hate Banjo-Kazooie?!?!?!?!11111one

I can spend a whole weekend playing it over and over. Yes, I have done that My best time is just over 5 hours, 100% + secrets.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    OH MY GOD! How in the name of all the turkey sandwiches can you hate Banjo-Kazooie?!?!?!?!11111one

I can spend a whole weekend playing it over and over. Yes, I have done that My best time is just over 5 hours, 100% + secrets.
    Seconded.

I think it just occurred to me that my favorite game is Banjo Kazooie.
    And now I want to play it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    Seconded.

I think it just occurred to me that my favorite game is Banjo Kazooie.
    And now I want to play it.
    Put Surreal64XXX on your Xbox, and I'll send you the ROM

Thanks

Oh I got the rom. And Surreal64. Just the thing is is that I am already playing FF3 and feel that if I get distracted from it I will never finish it. Yes, screwed up logic.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't ask much from you right?
    [n00b-caps]Metroid (NES)[/n00b-caps]

No really, it was disgusting. Can't really love it after playing on SNES. And cmon, no MAP! WTF?!?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Winged 2.0
    Oh I got the rom. And Surreal64. Just the thing is is that I am already playing FF3 and feel that if I get distracted from it I will never finish it. Yes, screwed up logic.
    I have that problem really badly, actually, so I don't see it as screwed up logic at all. Let's see, at the moment I am in the middle of:
    Final Fantasy IV (I...can't even remember where I am)
    Final Fantasy V (Heading for the Water Crystal)
    Final Fantasy VI (Technically, my save file corrupted after beating two of the three side stories after everyone splits up at the river, but still...)
    Lunar 1: Silver Star Story (Heading to Vane through the Trials)
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue (Replaying; just past Larpa)
    Legend of Dragoon (Recently arrived at Deningrad)
    Syberia (Running around the Russian city...I'm almost there)
    Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (Maze below Spellhold)

Heh...I'm, uh, easily distracted? Ooh, shiny...

Thanks

I found a game that I hate that people like. Took forever to think of it to for some reason.

Halo

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Himiko

Heh...I'm, uh, easily distracted? Ooh, shiny...

Mikey_ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingGnats
    Final Fantasy 7.

IT ISN'T THAT GOOD. IT SUCKS.
    yeah, it sucked so much that its prolly one of the highest selling rpg's of all time and one of if not THE most well talked about and loved right

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung

ROFLcopter! i could see that, sprung, and i third that motion. the only person I know that likes B-K more than me is my brother, and he likes it a whole lot.
    What teh Observer doesn't seem to realize was that Rare has always been in the business of ripping off nintendo game mechanics and it really didn't matter because their games were so well put together that the only reason they weren't completely perfect is because they weren't 100% original.
    Killer Instinct was in the same mold that Street Fighter pressed, Donkey Kong Country et al. were super mario bros. of a different flavor, Mickey's Speedway USA is almost an exact clone of mario kart 64 with disney characters, and Star Fox Adventures was straight up Ocarina of Time, no doubt. But check out this list of highly original (at least on console) games: Blast Corps, Goldeneye 007, Jet Force Gemini, and not quite as original are Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark and Conker's Bad Fur Day. That legacy will always assure Rare a special place in my game collection.

Getting back to topic, two games come to mind. Definitely Xenosaga 1; I played that game 3 times, once for 45 min and twice for an hour, and each time i had to start from the beginning because I COULD NOT REACH A SAVE POINT. I was still watching cinematics and going through boring combat training a full hour into the game. i didn't touch it for better than a year, then took it to EB and got a tidy $8.00 for it, which i turned around and put towards Chaos Theory (still no regrets there). the other is PoP sands of time, wherein i got stuck for months in the baths until i found out it was a glitch, restarted the game, got all the way to the big battle in the elevator near the end of the game, and got stalled again cuz of my severe lack of skillz. i still have the game, but it got cleared off my hard disk to make way for Half-life 2.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by \/3n0(V)
    yeah, it sucked so much that its prolly one of the highest selling rpg's of all time and one of if not THE most well talked about and loved right
    Exactly.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I don't think FF7 sucked... but is it the best RPG ever... In my opinion no.