Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Coder's Hang-out

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    Wouldn't that be the compiler-specific header that you'd need to copy from the SDK? Don't take my word for it, I've only dabbled in a physics simulation SDK, not DDraw. Lower/uppercase might matter. Or maybe not.
    I reckon it's the compiler in the end, maybe I should find something better suited to DirectX programs. I'm compiling it with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2.

Well, I'm going to give that a rest for the time being, and play around with Java a bit more, it seems I'm going to need it.
    Last edited by Stark; 3rd-October-2005 at 23:57.

Thanks

Visual Studio... Yuck... M$ shitware... Must puke...

Thanks

Visual studio is great if they didn't screw around with stuff and turn everything around. If they kept everything standard, it'd work. Like wcout. supposedly it works on other compilers, just not visual studio. Who's fault is that?

As for your studio.h thing... it's stdio i do believe... if not, copy it from a previous version of visual studio.

Thanks
    EP Points

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. In case anyone was wondering, this is how I did bitwise file manipulation it in the end. A lot more clear, I think. You need to flush the buffer to the file before you close it, but that's pretty easy so I omitted that short code. The only thing I'm wondering is how to stop the excess bits from being read, in an elegant way. (That would be the other half of the problem, bitwise reading, what I'm talking about now)

Thanks

Anyone think we should make a rules list for talking to a coder weather you're a coder or not? (Not a serious thing, just a fun thing.)

#1: If you don't like it, read up and make your own.

#2: Don't ask for another release when the version number is post scripted with the word "final".

Common guys, add more. lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kohlrak
    Anyone think we should make a rules list for talking to a coder weather you're a coder or not? (Not a serious thing, just a fun thing.)

#1: If you don't like it, read up and make your own.

#2: Don't ask for another release when the version number is post scripted with the word "final".

Common guys, add more. lol
    lol, sounds like fun . I'm always up for suggestions on this place (This isn't the most popular forum here but I like to think there is some reason for it )

In other news I just took my first C class, that was fun, and I think I realised how many mistakes I was making before lol.

Thanks

Well theo, if you get good with direct x with C++ you might be able to make a full tut on it sometime and get some of us console junkies out of this looping tutorial list... (Not much i can do with the winapi tut considering that it dosn't include input...) Just a sugestion, it should also test your understanding of it, but i don't think we should worry about that now. If you have any trouble with your classes you know who all to ask.

Thanks
    EP Points

Cheers for that, sos I haven't been to active of late, I really have had a few problems sorting out grants and as a result I missed all my lectures this week (god I hope my mum doesn't come here ) but yeah I've been trying out Visual studio 6 (got rid of the beta one I got ) for any starters here are a few snippets of code.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. EDIT: I have returned that 3D Direct book for the time being, and have gotten out a maths book called "Mathematics for 3D game programming and computer graphics" which covers a lot in terms of matrices vectors and other technical stuff which I feel would be better if I looked it up now rather then later.
    Last edited by Stark; 15th-October-2005 at 01:48.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol, I decided to do a crappy text Adventure game while I'm doing my crunch study session No inputs as yet, but I'm sure most of you coders can see the way this is

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

Reminds me of somthing i did with C++.

CLICKY

Thanks
    EP Points

One short word of advice before you go mad over a typical error.
    scanf reads from a BUFFER. Meaning that everything you input will be stored, but not necessarily interpreted. scanf only reads further info from the input stream (keyboard, more generally stdin - short for STandarD INput) if the buffer is empty. Try the following code:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. If you provide incorrect input, you'll get a hell of an error. Uncomment fflush, and it'll work. That single line empties the buffer, allowing scanf to start with a 'clean slate'.

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kohlrak
    lol, I wish I could make a program that made a real life woman

Umm, having trouble, I cannot find anything that can give me any info reading discs, so I'm going to continue with that.

Thanks

I wish i could make a teleporter, there's a gal i know over a thousand miles away that i wouldn't mind going to visit.

Thanks
    EP Points

Stuff I'm currently working on

I wouldn't put this a thread of its own, so here:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3PAFF4T9
    A simple platfromer game, work-in-progress version. Loads the level and tileset from file, collision's already working almost perfectly (made some optimizations to the code that makes it simpler, but it produces weird results in a select few cases), graphic handling is working the way I want it now, also has scrolling. Cursors to move the char, I/J/K/L to move the camera. Images originally from Cave Story. Written in C, uses openGL and glut.

EDIT: New version! Gotta tweak the physical constants a bit, but it looks better already than constant linear velocity.
    Last edited by pkt-zer0; 13th-November-2005 at 22:48.