Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Coder's Hang-out

Thanks

Oh common, coding isn't that bad. It's fun! I mean, what more joy can you have than writing a program and having people look at it crosseeyed and then you look at and say "heeeeey, i know waht that does!"

Thanks
    EP Points

lol, well I'm going to give assembly a bit of a rest, I want to get my head around this new Visual Studio, I'm guessing the problem is just changes in code? so I'll play around with that in the mean time, lol, I've been told that Librans have a habit of leaving things unfinished

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by kohlrak
    Actually, console windows do have this support. It's just a pain to get to. (how else would you have CGI pages with unicode?) And what about fstream? Same problem.
    Doesn't CGI display in browsers? By console window I mean the small thingy that comes up when you run the 'cmd' proggy. At least I couldn't find a way to change it's font to Unicode. I'd like to know how you do it, though.

Thanks

That's the thing, i don't know how to get to it. If you look into CGI, you'll find that console out is how you get output to CGI pages. Does anyone know what the unicode file output and unicode console output for c was? I'm guessing our answer will be there... And guess what, CMD itself is Unicode.
    Last edited by kohlrak; 17th-September-2005 at 17:44.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Did anyone here see the PSP game called Loco Roco that was shown at TGS? Anyone have even a basic idea how you achive that morphing effect of the character your control?

I also want to do stuff like that. ;(

Thanks
    EP Points

I seem to have lost my implementation of single/double/circular linked lists. I believe there were some things in C++ like templates, meaning that that code was already written for you. Since I do not want to rewrite them could anyone aid me on this matter?

EDIT 2: Never mind, I realized lists wouldn't be the best to use for this program. On to implement binary trees, then.

EDIT: What's that Loco thingy? Got a vid?
    Last edited by pkt-zer0; 17th-September-2005 at 22:30.

Thanks

Ok... i found out the issue with wchars...

ISSUE:
    wchar_t with visual C++ 6.0:
    -"1" and everything else is considered to be a constant variable
    -1 and ANSI chars are considered signed ints or signed chars
    -All other chars are unsigned ints...
    -If you even try to find some kind of work around it dosn't come out right.
    -we can't find the idiot who made Visual C++ that way, because he forgot to give his address and phone number.

Thanks
    EP Points

good to hear that problem is sorted, can I unstick that other thread?

Thanks

Actually it's not exactly sorted... It's just been identified why it is that way.. I'm not exaclty sure if there is a fix or not...

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually it's not exactly sorted... It's just been identified why it is that way.. I'm not exaclty sure if there is a fix or not...
    sorry about that, I was unsure, i'm just getting around C++ myself lol.

Thanks
    EP Points

-"1" and everything else is considered to be a constant variable
    -1 and ANSI chars are considered signed ints or signed chars
    -All other chars are unsigned ints...
    -If you even try to find some kind of work around it dosn't come out right.
    -we can't find the idiot who made Visual C++ that way, because he forgot to give his address and phone number.
    You might actually want to read a book called the "The C Programming Language", written by those who developed it, Kernighan and Ritchie. It's the ANSI C standard. And don't call them idiots, you could've also said that it's stupid that integers are integer numbers instead of, let's say, strings.
    Characters in " are called string constants for a reason. Chars can't only be interpreted as numbers, they're an all-purpose byte-length format.
    You can still use explicit type-casting if you want to convert stuff from one type to another. I'm not sure if that's what you'd want.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    I seem to have lost my implementation of single/double/circular linked lists. I believe there were some things in C++ like templates, meaning that that code was already written for you. Since I do not want to rewrite them could anyone aid me on this matter?

EDIT 2: Never mind, I realized lists wouldn't be the best to use for this program. On to implement binary trees, then.

EDIT: What's that Loco thingy? Got a vid?
    Check this stream out. It looks awesome! I want to know how the heck the character changes shape like that? Anyone got the slightest idea? Looks like vector graphics, but I'm not sure... I want to know!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Check this stream out. It looks awesome! I want to know how the heck the character changes shape like that? Anyone got the slightest idea? Looks like vector graphics, but I'm not sure... I want to know!
    A shameless ripoff of Gish. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
    My best bet would be to say that the main character is simulated by a particle system, and from the coordinates of those particles you can get the curves that define the character's shape. You've got an outline afterwards, you just have to fill it out.
    If you don't know how particle systems are simulated, here's an illustration: Take a few, let's say a hundred small balls, that are connected with springs of different strength, or other joints, restricting their motion in some ways. At any time (for example, when the player presses 'left') a force can be applied to any or all balls (these are the particles in question), causing the whole contraption to move or change shape.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hmm... I see. Well, I'll see if I can make my own engine based on that "illustration". Thanks pkt-zer0.

Thanks

Next week on Why a Teenager is Bald (Final Episode)!
    Kohlrak: I did it! I made a pointer to a const unsigned short which contains data from chars which in turn used about 2 or 3 casts to make. wtf...? NOOOOOO! AN EMPTY CONSOLE WINDOW!!! Wait... why do we even have pointers? I can understand for arrays... But... why anything else? Why to functions? Why to single values of arrays? Are those people just too lazy to go up and write in "define"!? ytsim..? My lovely ytsim....? Nooooooooo! Her mother says i can't talk to her anymore! RAAAAAAAAAAA!!! *rip sound is heard as the screen goes black*

Ok... seriously... Why... do... we have to have pointers?

*looks at loco roco vid* um...
    Last edited by kohlrak; 18th-September-2005 at 14:24.