Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Coder's Hang-out

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi got a small problem, I think I did something bad when I got rid of my java runtime enviroments (replaced them) it seems that I have conflicting classpaths and need to clean them up as shown here

http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/trou...n-problems.xtp

I have no idea what this is about (am tired) I was wondering if anyone could give me the low down? Thanks in advance

Thanks

I had Dreamweaver CS5. It was amazing. I decided to get rid of it 'cause I pirated it. Now I'm stuck with NVU. I need a cookie TT_TT
    < Insert epic signature here />

Thanks
    EP Points

in my programming class right now we are working our final and me and my partner are making a full blown pokemon program. its going to kick ass. id love to post it on here to see what you guys think. but im not sure if you can do that.
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by negles View Post
    in my programming class right now we are working our final and me and my partner are making a full blown pokemon program. its going to kick ass. id love to post it on here to see what you guys think. but im not sure if you can do that.
    I don't see why not. You, as the sole owner may grant permission enough to distribute your code. That is not warez.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow, that sounds like it'll be hard be a really worthwhile project. Hope you guys do well with it, I'd certainly like to see how it turns out

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Definitely sounds interesting. Post it when you are done for sure.

Thanks
    EP Points

is there a way to post the whole game so far on here? ill post what ive turned in for the final grade but im still working on. and id like to post on here what you guys think so far
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

is there a way to post the whole game so far on here? ill post what ive turned in for the final grade but im still working on. and id like to post on here what you guys think so far
    Upload whatever is needed to play it, and stick it in a zip folder with a readme for instructions. We'll tell you what we think.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pokemon Project (Final).zip

i hope this works
    lemme know what you think. the instructions should be in the folder. and to play without having to go through visual basic (if ya dont have it)
    pokemon > bin > debug > pokemon (its an application)
    Last edited by negles; 2nd-June-2011 at 00:30.
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Project (Final).zip

i hope this works
    lemme know what you think. the instructions should be in the folder. and to play without having to go through visual basic (if ya dont have it)
    pokemon > bin > debug > pokemon (its an application)
    I wouldn't use Vbasic for something like that tbh....

Anyhow, it looks decent so far, but your collision detection for the grass is slightly off. If you are 1 block away from grass it will still throw you into a battle. Also, you may want to see if you can make the sprite for your character transparent, so that the grass can be seen behind it. That, or make a separate sprite to be loaded when you're on grass, that has grass in the sprite.

Also, if you win the game and start over, the damage counter for the enemy goes into the negatives. My guess would be that you need to reset the flag that detects if the enemy is dead after you restart the game. Really, you should re-initialize all of your variables every time you get to the menu.

EDIT2: You're collision detection could really use some work, in the Pokecenter it's pretty goof'd, and going into the door of the center it's funny too. It's also a little temperamental around the enemy trainer as well.

I don't mean to sound picky, but I just thought I'd point these things out. It does look pretty good so far.
    Last edited by !nstaGib; 2nd-June-2011 at 02:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's called a bug report. If he can't handle the criticism, he shouldn't be considering this as a possible career path.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    It's called a bug report. If he can't handle the criticism, he shouldn't be considering this as a possible career path.
    To be honest, just using Vbasic for this is a really bad idea
    Also, I don't want to seem like I just think the whole thing is awful, because it can really come off like that when telling people about bugs

Thanks
    EP Points

no no i completely agree with !nsta. it was for a class and vBasic is what we gotta use. i am gonna continue working on it. but i only had about 9 hours to do this. and it didnt have to be perfect just good enough so where i know what to do to present it to the class haha... so i wouldve done more if i had the time. and idk if you read the instructions or not because i put what id like to add into them. but thanks for checking it out
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    EP Points

Again, if he can't handle the criticism and realize where it's coming from, not the correct career path.

As for choice of programming language, that's probably not him at all. Classes tend to tell you which language the class is for/requiring, so you can't choose to use another just because it's a better choice.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Again, if he can't handle the criticism and realize where it's coming from, not the correct career path.

As for choice of programming language, that's probably not him at all. Classes tend to tell you which language the class is for/requiring, so you can't choose to use another just because it's a better choice.
    True and true. I wouldn't have picked a project like this then if you were forced to use that language.
    no no i completely agree with !nsta. it was for a class and vBasic is what we gotta use. i am gonna continue working on it. but i only had about 9 hours to do this. and it didnt have to be perfect just good enough so where i know what to do to present it to the class haha... so i wouldve done more if i had the time. and idk if you read the instructions or not because i put what id like to add into them. but thanks for checking it out
    Ah, I see
    Nope, didn't even glance at them haha. Just curious though, but what compiler did you use? Visual Studio 2010?