Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Coder's Hang-out

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a question that is two fold about JAVA

1. I have a GUI with a combobox and a button. I want to be able to do something when one of the options in the combobox is selected and the button is pressed

2. I need to find a way to be able to connect to the internet, could someone point me to a few nice tutorials? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

uhm
    1. I have a GUI with a combobox and a button. I want to be able to do something when one of the options in the combobox is selected and the button is pressed
    in vb it would be easy as

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. e.g if the combo had 10 entries 0-9
    if you got index 2 selected and you pressed the button, it will do something

so in java it would be something like.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

2. I need to find a way to be able to connect to the internet, could someone point me to a few nice tutorials? Thanks in advance
    you mean a browser or stuff like ftp?
    for browser you should load ' shdocvw.dll' forgot the exact name, but it should be similar to it [ie6 or inet]

for ftping, i believe you need winsock
    Last edited by Leerz25; 21st-March-2007 at 16:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a question regarding Java

I need to be able to take the text from a textfield and insert it into System.out.println. The reason I ask is because if I can figure that out it shouldn't be too hard to work with what I'm doing

System.out.print(car_type_textfield);

This doesn't work because I get this

javax.swing.JTextField[,77,42,259x28,layout=javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicT extUI$UpdateHandler,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0, border=javax.swing.plaf.BorderUIResource$CompoundB orderUIResource@12d03f9,flags=296,maximumSize=,min imumSize=,preferredSize=java.awt.Dimension[width=259,height=28],caretColor=sun.swing.PrintColorUIResource[r=51,g=51,b=51],disabledTextColor=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResourc e[r=184,g=207,b=229],editable=true,margin=javax.swing.plaf.InsetsUIRes ource[top=0,left=0,bottom=0,right=0],selectedTextColor=sun.swing.PrintColorUIResource[r=51,g=51,b=51],selectionColor=javax.swing.plaf.ColorUIResource[r=184,g=207,b=229],columns=0,columnWidth=0,command=,horizontalAlignm ent=LEADING]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fapbunny View Post
    I have a question regarding Java

I need to be able to take the text from a textfield and insert it into System.out.println. The reason I ask is because if I can figure that out it shouldn't be too hard to work with what I'm doing
    TextField is a class that is a direct subclass of TextComponent.
    TextComponent has a method of getText() that returns the String
    object with the text that is present in this object, so the correct may be:

System.out.print(car_type_textfield.getText());

Thanks

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. just a simple compilation of code from a C++ tutorial book.
    Guessing game is heavily modified from book.
    Blackjack and Anime Quiz are original code my me and my friends.

started working with C++ in january at school
    unfortunatly it uses the old Turbo C++ Program from 1995 or something like that so code is very primitive

edit:
    oh yeah in blackjack..
    0 to stay, and -1 to change ACES from 1 to 11 and viceversa
    Last edited by Tayls; 13th-April-2007 at 15:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolt View Post
    TextField is a class that is a direct subclass of TextComponent.
    TextComponent has a method of getText() that returns the String
    object with the text that is present in this object, so the correct may be:

System.out.print(car_type_textfield.getText());
    lol, thank you for your help, but I figured it out

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maca View Post
    I decided to start making my first game tonight, with the old turbo c graphics library. I was thinking snake but i thought pong might be a bit easier.

I've got the first paddle working so far, without out it flying off the screen, lol

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Edit; whoops, the attached exe isn't working, I must have attached the wrong one.

edit 2, actually, i needed to put the graphics drivers in the zip to make this program run on other pcs
    Bang on Job mate! (DAMN ME! ive got to stop doing that x.x)

i wanna see Space Invaders next!

you can do it!

if you cant, ill try x.x

well, if anyone has a link to a half decent C++ compiler (borland, or somthing similar plz?)

Thanks
    EP Points

Question, I have a problem.

I wish to be able to have "something" happen when a input is inputed using case. what I mean is that using the switch statement I wish to have an option for each letter

e.g.

case 'a':
    printf("you have pressed a");

The only problem is that using the methods I have I've not been able to do it so that when I press a letter it will do that (I know I have worded this horribly), I've probably just made a mistake somewhere that I cannot see, help is appreciated.

BTW I'm using C

Thanks

If you are switching the right variable and have a break after your printf, it should work.

char c;

c = getchar();
    switch(c)
    {
    case 'a': printf(" You have pressed a ");
    break;

etc....

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi again, thanks that worked great, I was just wondering if there was anyway of applying that from the moment you pressed the key as opposed to wainting to press the enter key?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheotheImpaler View Post
    Hi again, thanks that worked great, I was just wondering if there was anyway of applying that from the moment you pressed the key as opposed to wainting to press the enter key?
    You mean asynchronous input, as in, say, Java with KeyListener and whatnot?

No. C/C++ doesn't include such functionality. You'll need to use a higher-level API for that.

Thanks

You can by using getch instead of getchar. getch is defined in conio.h which isn't standard C so your compiler doesn't have to support it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have been recently wondering why hacks for games are primarily in C++ as compared to say... Java. I ask mostly because my brother is interested in hacking and such but he has minimal programming experience. I have some experience in Java (I took a 1 year high school course), but not enough to code hacks so im wondering if Java is capable or practical for creating hacks (or bots) for different games. Some of what he plays are things like Counter-Strike, Ragnarok, Maple Story, that sort of thing.

I understand that hacks are not simple, I'm just looking for information.

Thanks

Java might be capable of that (with the right extensions and such), but it certainly isn't suited to the low-level work required for hacks and similar.

C/C++ is basically the only language still useful for that kind of thing, and it's a pain in the arse even then.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am wondering if anybody knows Olly Debugger at all. My brother made a crappy little console program with C++ and I am trying to find the password. This is how im TRYING to do it, i dont know if im doing it right by any means but:

I am trying to figure out at what point it checks the password i typed with the correct one. But i cannot figure out at what point it does that, if anybody could help me figure out how to used this program better, i would appreciate it