Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you afraid of?

Thanks

At work sometimes we lock the keys in the backroom (the one TO the backroom) so we have to get them somehow. The ceiling panels can be moved and we can actually get over the door and jump down into the backroom.

Well, to get to the panels you either need to be my managaer (the man is part cat I swear, jumps like a leopard) or have a ladder. If the guy is around you use your hands and make a step for him to jump off and he can push the panbels aside, climb up, and get over. Otherwise we need to get a ladder from next door, one of us has to climb up there and get over.

Now, the drop from the ceiling to the floor is about 13 feet. Mr. Leopard even has reservations about jumping down so usually he lowers himself by throw a hammer up there with him (so he can use it to hold on to something with his left hand, there is enough open room on the door to hold on with the right the hammer is to hold onto a beam from roof of the store).

Well, that hammer is the only way a guy can lower himself down to a height that seems more reasonable. And most of the time, its in the back. So when some else has to do it (usually me since I'm the only one not afraid of heights besides the manager) and there is no hammer, you have to jump. Jumping from 13 feet onto concrete through a space ladden with sharp metals and wires (you can push all but one power cable aside) isn't appealling to me.

So I'm the dumb smuck that jumps through that space. It scares me evertime and I've cut my chin twice doing it. Once I fell and landed on my ass AND YES THAT FUCKIN HURTS.
    Spreading Fear and Uncertainty since 2004!

*Apparently the above doesn't fit in a custom user title. Bollocks.
    Copyright Paladin_Hammer 2007: "Deus ex Imperator". "Dio Dal Genica".
    NWO 4 Life!

Funniest Thread EVER

Mikey_ Guest

i'm scared of heights. deathly afraid of heights. i can't even look over the ledge of the roof here without feeling like i'm about to fall off. i'm also scurred of spiders. scratch that. i'm scared of furry, big ass, mutated, evil power having tarantulas lol. i'm also kinda scared of mean looking dogs. also scared of large amounts of water. and new to my list of fears: i'm scared to die and not see my nephew grow up and i'm scared of failing as a professional technician.

Thanks

Gaint Hamsters scare the shit out of me.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

I don't like descending really long, twisted and/or steep stairs.
    Especially if there aren't any railings on 'em. Crazy, eh?

Thanks

Spiders...... especially the big, giant, hairy ones. Kinda scared of heights too.......

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Making a difference. Changing at least part of the world, for better or worse, simply because I can. I feel like my life would just be a waste of time if I didn't, anyway.
    Fortunately that's something you have control over. Of course you have already changed at least part of the world, for better or worse, I'll let you decide.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gheist
    I don't like descending really long, twisted and/or steep stairs.
    Especially if there aren't any railings on 'em. Crazy, eh?
    Well, not so much crazy as rational, perhaps... Descending those isn't among the safest things one can do, especially when they're stone staircases and it's dark and such.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Germs, spiders, and Pee wee Herman.
    Actually, just Pee wee Herman.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    Actually, just Pee wee Herman.
    There is a member here whos called pwherman

hes got a sig and avatar with pee wee's pic in ....... ugh......

Another thing im dauhted by, are posts that are really long, but mean nothing....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    Fortunately that's something you have control over. Of course you have already changed at least part of the world, for better or worse, I'll let you decide.
    Being remembered for very long by people other than those who go to the same forums as I do would be fun as well.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    There is a member here whos called pwherman

hes got a sig and avatar with pee wee's pic in ....... ugh......

Another thing im dauhted by, are posts that are really long, but mean nothing....
    Hypocrite!
    Just kidding..

I'm also afraid of most Christians, and wiggers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    Hypocrite!
    Just kidding..

I'm also afraid of most Christians, and wiggers.
    My posts are very rarly long, unless they are about any of my special subjects, Religion, History, Nature, British TV comady and Xena.

are you scared of me then?

Thanks

No. But you're very smart.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Being remembered for very long by people other than those who go to the same forums as I do would be fun as well.
    It's ironic when you think of most the people that are remembered for long times did many very bad things.

Personally I couldn't care less if I'm remembered once I'm gone. Only that I do the best I can with the time that I now have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    It's ironic when you think of most the people that are remembered for long times did many very bad things.
    That is a bad thing,
    I hate the expretion "learn form your mistakes"
    People should learn from good, so they dont make mistakes in the first place, but good isnt easy to find in these days.