Thread: help with Sonic Adventure 2 for dreamcast...

Thanks

Default help with Sonic Adventure 2 for dreamcast...

i downloaded Sonic Adventure 2 and it is a self-bootable CD image, but when i run it on Chankast v 0.25 alpha the emulator runs the DC logo and then after it finishes the screen goes black and then vanishes! The game is a self bootable game just like my Power Stone but SA2 just doesn't run. Can someone help me out with this problem? thanks

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have an Nvidia card?

According to the compatibility list at EmuTalk, this game doesn't play with Nvidia cards.

http://www.emutalk.net/chankast/2060...lity-list.html

Thanks

What region is your copy? It might just be that image, I never had success with that game, only on my dreamcast.

Thanks

well, it doesn't say what region it's from but SA2 isn't the only game that has the same problem. Sonic Adventure and Charge n Blast do the same thing where i would mount them on my virtual drive and then when i start Chankast it runs only to where the logo finishes and then the emulator exits out. I do have the Utopia boot discs 1.1 and 1.2 but i have no luck with those things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto
    well, it doesn't say what region it's from but SA2 isn't the only game that has the same problem. Sonic Adventure and Charge n Blast do the same thing where i would mount them on my virtual drive and then when i start Chankast it runs only to where the logo finishes and then the emulator exits out. I do have the Utopia boot discs 1.1 and 1.2 but i have no luck with those things.
    It might be your computer, than. I read many problems other people were having in Chankast, but never read anything like yours. Sorry I couldn't be of more service.

Thanks
    EP Points

I saw some combatibility list somewhere saying that no DC game published by Sega works on an emulator or something like that. Ill find it and let u know

EDIT: http://www.emutalk.net/archive/index.php/t-20609.html. It says it should work just fine
    Last edited by BiggySmall; 5th-September-2005 at 03:03.

Thanks

ok, thanks for all ur help. I'll try and look up some Q & A's on google or something.

Thanks

I have an nvidia card, I still play Sonic adventure 2, annoyingly it only works in wireframe mode, some, mabye most of the levels work ok in normal mode, but for definate the first level you will need to enable wireframe, its somthimes hard to tell whats going on, but its playable.

There was/is a patch being developed, to fix the gfx being rendered horizontaly or somthing, PSO has a simlar problem.

EDIT - I Have an ATI Radion card on my S.Computer, it runs like a dream, no gfx errors at all, your problem definatly is your gfx card.

just use wireframe.
    Last edited by Xena; 6th-September-2005 at 10:53.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..