Page 403 of 440 FirstFirst ... 303353393398399400401402403404405406407408413 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,045 of 6589

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

I have recently 1CC'd King of the Monsters 1 as the character who looks like a super hero. It's some good monster wrasslin' action! Except the game randomly chooses who gets to win the grapples. There were a few times when I got the computer in this nice loop where they would run into my charge shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just finished first playthrough of Dragon's dogma dark arisen on ps4.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pringr0 View Post
    Wait, Hunniepop is racist? I was actually a little interested in it, but not if it's racist.
    Huniepop is difficult to talk about because it does a lot of things great, but also a lot of things badly. The racist stuff mostly comes from Kyu, the love fairy that helps you out. She's basically a living embodiment of 4chan irony humor, complete with random outdated rap lingo and references to how she has "yellow fever" and other such things. Thankfully, she's not in the game too much, but then you hit basic stereotyping stuff, like the unique costumes and hairstyles you can unlock. Putting native American or Incan wear on the Indian woman is, uh, kind of racist. The real offender there are the unique gifts, though. The one hispanic girl's unique gifts includes ...a sombreo, a lucha mask, and maracas. Don't even get me started on the Japanese woman.

But the weird thing is that Huniepop never goes in the same trash levels as games made by very open chan trash (see "The Triggering"). Beyond stuff like that, the cast are fairly normal people that fit somewhat in a stereotypical mode, but dialog and little details you can find out give them a few more layers. The staff are informed by chan humor, but chan culture doesn't fully define them.

Until HunieCam, which makes STDs into a mechanic.

Also not wild about some of the stuff being previewed for their third game

Which

Uh

Includes this

So if you play a Hunie game, just know in advance you take the good with the painfully outdated meme probably thought up be some mildly racist 14-year-old somewhere.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Huniepop is difficult to talk about because it does a lot of things great, but also a lot of things badly. The racist stuff mostly comes from Kyu, the love fairy that helps you out. She's basically a living embodiment of 4chan irony humor, complete with random outdated rap lingo and references to how she has "yellow fever" and other such things. Thankfully, she's not in the game too much, but then you hit basic stereotyping stuff, like the unique costumes and hairstyles you can unlock. Putting native American or Incan wear on the Indian woman is, uh, kind of racist. The real offender there are the unique gifts, though. The one hispanic girl's unique gifts includes ...a sombreo, a lucha mask, and maracas. Don't even get me started on the Japanese woman.

But the weird thing is that Huniepop never goes in the same trash levels as games made by very open chan trash (see "The Triggering"). Beyond stuff like that, the cast are fairly normal people that fit somewhat in a stereotypical mode, but dialog and little details you can find out give them a few more layers. The staff are informed by chan humor, but chan culture doesn't fully define them.

Until HunieCam, which makes STDs into a mechanic.

Also not wild about some of the stuff being previewed for their third game

Which

Uh

Includes this

So if you play a Hunie game, just know in advance you take the good with the painfully outdated meme probably thought up be some mildly racist 14-year-old somewhere.
    That's really a shame. I used to go to 4chan, back when I was like 14-16. I've never heard of The Triggering. But just from the title, I know I don't need to play it. That term is so overused these days anyway. I swear, you disagree with any on the right,and they spout "TRIGGERED!". What a shame though. I was actually interested in the games, but with the racist crap you just mentioned, I think I'm gonna stay away.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ninja Baseball Batman by Irem
    A underrated beat em up

Thanks
    EP Points

What's with everyone here being as cool as me..?
    I wasn't gonna say anything about the Metal Gear Solid weirdness ya'll are indulgin in, but...
    Chrono Cross, Star Ocean, and... LUNAR?!

While you're reading my business card, I'll be unzipping my pants, gentlemen~
    ^,~m

~~uhh I beat Pokemon: Leaf Green... *BEAT* cough cough *yeah f@#$%in right* beat the Elite 4 finally... just dosed my lvl 50ish- Dragonair up to 60+ with candiez and abused shameless the savestatedness~
    if that's 'beat' to anyone here-
    <insert stewie-griffon 'I'm out' meme here>
    Currently playing:
    ~~ Pokemon Emerald on VBA ~~ Star Ocean on ZSNES ~~ Tales of Phantasia on ZSNES ~~ Star Ocean: The Second Story on ePSXe ~~ Breath of Fire III on ePSXe

Thanks
    EP Points

just finished car battler joe for gba. really fun game a bit of a unique take on ARPGs I love that you can continue playing after finishing the story.
    thumperbunnyeve~If Purchase does not entail ownership, then sharing shouldn't mean piracy.
    help the socially disabled https://gofund.me/3234a082
    my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDs...gHZ_f8tjf8jW4w

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Grouch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Doom 3 BFG.

Thanks
    EP Points

SteamWorld Dig and Diablo 3 + Reaper of Souls (at least my first run anyway).

Thanks
    EP Points

Just finished Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD on Proud mode. Now I just need to go and do Critical mode.

Thanks
    EP Points

I feel like I'm done with Pokemon: Leaf Green and I WISH there was some hope for Pokemon: Emerald to be played through, again...
    But yeah I whooped Leaf Green silly- kinda nuts how it gets ridiculously difficult at the end out of nowhere~ really wasn't scaled right, there, for the solo gamer.
    Currently playing:
    ~~ Pokemon Emerald on VBA ~~ Star Ocean on ZSNES ~~ Tales of Phantasia on ZSNES ~~ Star Ocean: The Second Story on ePSXe ~~ Breath of Fire III on ePSXe

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

A minor MAME spree;

Burning Fight
    Burning Rival
    Cabal
    Cadash
    Caliber .50
    Captain America and The Avengers
    Captain Tomaday

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Freedom Planet - I can't wait for Freedom Planet 2
    Saints Row 4 - Story and Super Powers was a tad much, I much preferred 3
    Saints Row Gat out of Hell - I guess it was a decent end to the Saints Row series, has multiple endings.

Currently worming my way through Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay then its off to Dark Athena I go as Riddick is Badass.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Guild of Dungeoneering and Resident Evil 1 HD

Thanks

Sonic Mania, completed it with all characters and even Knuckles & Knuckles mode. The game is stupid Fun.

Playing Doom on PS4 now.