Page 173 of 440 FirstFirst ... 73123163168169170171172173174175176177178183223273 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 6591

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Alice: Madness Returns. I'm a bit surprised by how much I liked it. I even went to the trouble of finding all the collectibles and ended up clocking like 30 hours into the game. The lack of bossfights is somewhat disappointing, and it does drag on at times, but I honestly wasn't that bothered by all that since I enjoyed the atmosphere so much.
    Pretty much how I felt about the game. I knew I was going to enjoy it, since it's pretty much exactly what I enjoy in a game, but at least American McGee's Alice had boss fights in it. This one basically just had the end boss.

I did, however, really enjoy the overall story, and how they approached it from a more mature, almost plausible angle. Also, that last scene (after the final boss fight) felt amazing.

Also, platforming.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 9th-February-2012 at 00:24.

Thanks
    EP Points

Definitely. I totally forgot to mention the story. A lot better than I expected, especially if you pay attention to all the memory fragments during the game.

Yeah, the last scene was great. I like how it can be interpreted as both a negative (=Alice going nuts, even more than before ) and positive (=Wonderland is saved) ending.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Duke Nukem Forever

Thank God. I have a busy weekend coming up, I didn't want this one sitting there so close to being finished for three days.

As for DNF... I actually really enjoyed this game. It had a few technical flaws that brought it down, definitely, and the over-the-top, "manly man" cheesiness of it was fucking annoying after a while. But for the actual gameplay... I enjoyed it. It's just enough of a mixture of "realistic" environments (that is... stuff that you would actually see around town, building-style wise and whatnot) and fantasy world that it kept me engaged without having to worried about some of the implausibilities. The weapons were lots of fun, too -- I don't think there was a single weapon I didn't enjoy using, although the Freeze Ray was pretty lame.

The bosses were kind of a let down, though. They got very repetitive very quickly. And the lack of different types of enemies was definitely a hindrance. I think there are only, like... six different enemies, excluding bosses. It makes each battle start to feel the same after a while. But there's enough crammed into the world to keep you at least somewhat interested, and they change up the gameplay enough between all of the driving sections, the platforming sections, the "puzzle" sections and the underwater sections to give each level something of a defining characteristic.

I could have gone without the filler chapters, though. Titty City or whatever it was called didn't need to be there. I don't mean the strip club stuff itself (that totally needed to be there ), I just mean that entire chapter. It didn't progress the story at all and there was no combat. It was just... there... as something to do... before you go and do something else. It basically existed as an Ego booster before the next set of chapters, provided you actually interacted with everything.

Anyways. If you've seen it in the bargain bin for the $10-$18 range, it's a pretty good game for that price. Just be prepared for load times. Because holy fuck are the load times annoying. I'd say they are on par with ME2.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 9th-February-2012 at 08:29.

Thanks

I just finished Castlevania II Simon's Quest.
    It was awesome. Dunno why people complain so much. I never got frustrated once

Thanks

ff9

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I could have gone without the filler chapters, though. Titty City or whatever it was called didn't need to be there. I don't mean the strip club stuff itself (that totally needed to be there ), I just mean that entire chapter. It didn't progress the story at all and there was no combat. It was just... there... as something to do... before you go and do something else. It basically existed as an Ego booster before the next set of chapters, provided you actually interacted with everything.
    It also provided an opportunity to make a brief stab at RPGs (role playing? Fetch quest time! Also useless NPCs everywhere) and for that one little inception reference (upstairs near the monitors). And possibly as an indicator of what "heaven" would be for Duke and the EDF (it's framed around a near death experience). And a lot of ego boosts are stocked there that may have been "missed" before that point. Pretty sure you can still earn them by interacting with the objects within TC (like the pinball machine).

But yeah, it's mostly an opportunity to oggle some tits. That aren't dripping in slime or attached to a gigantic butterface.

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Skyrim

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Final Fantasy VIII
    what a epic battle with ultimecia

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Trine. I'll probably go for the eventually since I had fun with it, but not right now.

Thanks

Okami (PS2).....difficulty from 1-10 Japanese....XD
    Chrono Trigger (SNES) actually played this on my Nokia N73....
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PSP)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Battlefield 3.

I'm coming to expect short campaigns and a huge amount of character death. My only issue with the game was the massive drop in sensitivity while using mounted guns.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

L.A. Noire, I did pretty good first run. Going to go through it again and try for 5 stars on all the cases.

Thanks
    EP Points

Playing Rocksmith as of right now. Thinking of playing some MAME, but not sure what game to play.

Thanks

The most brain-damaging taxing game ever: Ancient Spirits: Columbus Legacy. Not. Took three hours in total. With a free migraine on completion.

Thanks

Radiant Historia. Did it again to get the true ending since I've only missed two to fulfill that condition. Euctria is have grown so much in character from being just a princess to taking out assassins that hunt for er in the end.