Page 261 of 440 FirstFirst ... 161211251256257258259260261262263264265266271311361 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,915 of 6591

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

Just finished Borderlands 2 a week ago or so. I have to say it feels more or less like a fully fleshed out expansion of the first, only with a much more satisfying final boss, even if the ending is a bit abrupt. Also,
    Spoiler warning:
    Wtf, so apparently Jack was wearing a mask the whole time? How did I not notice this even after killing him, having had it revealed to me later?

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Resident Evil 2 PS1. Both Leon and Claire campaigns.
    Awesome. Now you just need to do the speed run type unlockables and you'll be good to go
    Last edited by MaslowK; 22nd-July-2013 at 06:54.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    Awesome. Now you just need to do the speed run type unlockables and you'll be good to go
    You know, I'm almost considering it. Now that the game is fresh in my mind and I know where everything is at, I should plow through it quickly just to get some fun stuff. I'm not really digging RE3 too much, so there's no reason I shouldn't play RE2 again.

I just wish it had a quick 180 turn.... would make survival horror sooooo much easier

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Oh, and I liked the game btw - it's always been the one Zelda game I just never cared about, but now I can actually say that I think it's pretty good.
    I liked it because it had a very distinct separation between "exploring the overworld" and "exploring dungeons/tunnels." The top-down attack system, especially at the time, was pretty limited to basically walking around and stabbing shit with your sword. The side-scrolling attack view allowed you to have different sword attacks, as well as some of the standard Zelda arsenal. There were a few cheesy sections, like having to turn into a faerie to get passed certain sections, but for the most part I loved it.

I also liked the "random encounter" battles in the overworld. I felt that was a huge improvement over the first game, and gave a general sense of tension about exploring too far. It created a bit more of a risk/reward system to exploring the farther reaches of some of the areas early on. There was a huge missed opportunity for more "optional" gear, similar to an action-RPG version of Final Fantasy, which I think is all that Zelda II needed to be considered a masterpiece. Instead, it tried something new and was moderately successful, but didn't delve deep enough into its core ideas to really stand out.

Just an observation. I tend to like any game that adds that "random" element to it, since it's a simple technique that can make a huge difference when it comes to replaying a game. Learning to beat games via muscle memory can be fun (Mario, Mega Man, Castlevania, etc), but the "random chance" element of "even though I'm really good at this game, I might die if I do something stupid and stop paying attention" shouldn't be underestimated. It's one of the things that made Pokemon so addictive for me. </sidetrack>

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    I liked it because it had a very distinct separation between "exploring the overworld" and "exploring dungeons/tunnels." etc. etc </sidetrack>
    I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I think the reason I didn't like it much back in the day wasn't because it was different, but because it was a pretty tough game at the time. Your sentence about the random battles giving a sense of tension when exploring too far off the beaten path pretty much sums up why I didn't truly get into the game as a kid. I think if I had just stuck it out until after the 3rd Palace and obtained the down-thrust move, I probably would have slogged through it (that move is the tits and totally makes the battles that much more exciting)

You're right about the missed opportunity on the equipment too - It's a shame they didn't flesh that out a bit more, namely a better sword and armor at the very least. Oh well, the game is pretty damn close to being one of my fav Zelda's of all time, that's for sure.

And on a sidenote, it's amazing some of the risks Nintendo, and even other developers took back in the day with their sequels - Mario 2, Zelda II and Castlevania II were all pretty huge departures from what made the original games such a massive hit. We lambast Ninty now because they don't take any chances anymore, but back then they really did try to stir the pot. Hell, look at games like Blaster Master as well - huge departure from the norm at the time - sidescroller/overhead shooter/metroid style gameplay. That's a hell of a mash-up that people wouldn't dare take on these days. Guardian Legend is a lot like that too. Enough ranting, time for some gaming

Thanks
    EP Points

Just beat Sol Trigger, with Sophie's route. That was... not too bad, actually. It has some pretty glaring flaws and the dungeons were repetitive as fuck, but overall it was a fairly satisfying experience. Especially that second half with Lars. Now I'll just need to do another playthrough with Fran's route so I can actually see a happy ending (or so I heard).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gare For This Useful Post:

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Finished lollypop chainsaw, nearly finished my second playthrough, Suda51 has issues, but I'm still having a lot of fun with this one, just not very intellectual fun, more like cocaine fun.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pickles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Saints Row 3

Some issues with side missions meant I had to replay a lot of this game just to finish up on a few things I shouldn't have to. Overall a fun experience. Definatly worth the ps+ subscription.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    Saints Row 3

Some issues with side missions meant I had to replay a lot of this game just to finish up on a few things I shouldn't have to. Overall a fun experience. Definatly worth the ps+ subscription.
    Just beat this about an hour ago on the PC. Game is absolutely worth the time.

Oh, Burt Reynolds as the mayor, pure awesomeness.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well that's Muv Luv Alternative finished.

Spoiler warning:
    Meiyaaaaaaaa WHYYYYYYYY T__________T

Probably gonna move on to Alternative Chronicles now. Or watch the anime. Or both. I wanted to play Total Eclipse as well, but hurf durf turns out it's a console-exclusive VN.

Oh and I beat Shadowrun Returns as well. Very solid game, can't wait to play more campaigns.
    Last edited by Gare; 31st-July-2013 at 12:44.

Thanks
    EP Points

Borderlands, it doesn't really have much of a story but I found the gameplay fun enough to play it through, however I found that the game was very easy up until the last section which the flying mooks, they were more difficult to deal with than the main boss who was suprisingly easy to kill.

Thanks
    EP Points

Shin Megami Tensei (PSX). Neutral Route.
    So......easy? even on expert difficulty.
    Enh, Maybe I'll try another playthrough to try and actually under stand the dialogue

Thanks
    EP Points

Beat Shadowrun Returns (PC). Really enjoyed it - can't wait for all the user made content to start rolling out!

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Walking dead FUN.

Thanks
    EP Points

PSP Lost Heroes

The ending is really nice, but the post game dungeon just WTF

Thanks

Pokémon Gust