Page 238 of 440 FirstFirst ... 138188228233234235236237238239240241242243248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 6591

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CL4P-TP View Post
    I really like it, but I can understand why anyone, fan of the series or not, would think its a bit shit. My reasoning:

1. Only 5 lousy races per car
    2. The modifying is a joke
    3. The cops have down syndrome (I remember the cops being smarter in hot pursuit)

It all boils down to immersion, and this game lacks it. It definitely cant stand up to the likes of Forza, not with how shitty the driving is when you compare the two. So NFS needs to have more full games, and this one is extremely lacking.
    What the problem is now: I was playing this, got bored, went to something else. Then I bought Forza Horizon and loved it. Went back to NFS and it's like playing Ridge Racer on the PS1 in comparison to Forza Horizon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    What the problem is now: I was playing this, got bored, went to something else. Then I bought Forza Horizon and loved it. Went back to NFS and it's like playing Ridge Racer on the PS1 in comparison to Forza Horizon.
    I loved Ridge Racer on the PS1, I'm going to like this one

Last game I beat was Dead Rising 2 OTR. I only need to complete some coop challenges and I'll be done with it.

Thanks

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days... without having to resort to cheating due to extremely hard-to-beat enemies that are extremely hard to beat.

Had trouble with the Ruler of the Sky and Dustflier Heartless, mostly.
    HP: 454 / 1816

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Doom II on Ultra Violence.

Never again.
    You're gonna put me off playing the game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by CL4P-TP View Post
    You're gonna put me off playing the game.
    I love the first Doom because even if you've never beaten the game before, everything is doable on Ultra Violence. There is a logical progression to how many enemies there are and how difficult each situation can be, and all the levels are just as large as they need to be, but never any larger.

In Doom II, it's less about "take your time and attempt to make it out alive" and more "HERE'S A SHITLOAD OF MASSIVELY OVERPOWERED ENEMIES HOPE YOU SAVED RECENTLY 'CAUSE YOU'RE GONNA DIE MOTHERFUCKER." I did so much save spamming towards the end of the game that it wasn't even fun anymore, it was just a really bad joke that went on for too long.

The reason I say this is because you're constantly put into situations where you can't actually hit your enemies. There were quite a few spots where there would be some Chaingun Zombies on the other side of the room who would essentially snipe me as soon as I entered, but the auto-aim wouldn't target them and shoot up enough to hit them. Therefore, I couldn't get anywhere and had to basically run the gauntlet until I found a good place to at least attempt to snipe them, and would waste 4x the amount of ammo necessary to kill them just in attempts to land a fucking bullet.

It got very annoying. I love the first Doom, but I was reminded why I never got around to finishing Doom II. There's only so long I can put up with that kind of bullshit.

I haven't played Doom 3 yet, so we'll see how that goes. I might need a bit of a break from Doom, though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drageuth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The Unfinished Swan (100%)

Spoiler warning:

This is an adorable game, in as much as it's not really a "game" per se. It's more of an interactive story that requires you do a bit of exploring before it will tell you the rest.

There are no enemies (kind of). There are no bosses, and really the only thing pushing you forwards is hearing more of the story. Or, if that isn't enough to go on, by finding all of the balloons.

The game is really disorientating at the beginning, because it's attempting to teach you how to use the paint mechanic in order to find your way around the world for a little bit. This is fine and dandy, but until they introduced shadows into the game in the second level, I had a hard time focusing. If you shoot too much paint, everything turns black and it becomes difficult to distinguish edges. If you don't shoot any paint, you can't find your way around (and there's a trophy for getting from the start of the game to halfway through the first level shooting only 3 paintballs. You'll notice that this is in the section that is completely fucking white.)

If you're the kind of gamer who likes to move from epic battle to epic battle, this definitely isn't the game for you. There are no enemies to speak of except for a couple spots where you can "die" because of baddies in the woods, but that part only lasts a few minutes. You won't be asked to throw paint at anyone in an attempt to knock them off a ledge, or to defeat them in any way. The purpose here is to tell a story. The entire game plays out like you're living in the imagination of an eight year old. You're tracking down the crazy king in a dream during your first night at an orphanage after your mom died. The story unfolds like a fairy tale -- "The King's new subjects were tired of white. They were tired of trippig, of banging their shins ... in response, the King pledged to spend the next month painting shadows for his kingdom." When something like that is told to you in a sweet, motherly voice, it's hard not to imagine being wrapped up in a blanket, tucked into bed, being read a story by your mother.

This really is a charming game that does what it can to keep itself interesting while you move through the story. There is a narrator who ties the four chapters together, and when you uncover the hidden pages of the story (marked on the landscape by an illuminated latter) you are given just a bit more of the story, and what Monroe is searching for. During your adventure, you will (thankfully) stop having to paint the landscape in order to find your way around, and will move onto through water balloons to direct vines, using your paintballs to move obstacles, and navigate through the pitch black forest in search of the king's castle. Eventually you will have to build your own landscape in some sort of 3D crafting world that interacts with "reality," but this is perhaps the most disjointing of all the scenarios, and one I didn't care for.

There are a few downsides to this game, and the main one for me was the fact that I wanted to find all of the hidden balloons in the game as I progressed. After you collect 3 balloons, you can turn on a sort of "balloon radar" thing which lights up as you get closer to another one of the collectibles. There are 64 in the game, and if you are actively hunting them it can turn the story from "boy explores his dreams and tries to make sense of life without mom" to "boy loses a bunch of balloons and tracks them down while defacing private property."

All in all, it's a great game if you're looking for something short and a bit non-traditional. The story moves you forward gently and never rushes you, it attempts to (and I think succeeds) try something different in a medium that has largely become stagnant and repetitive, and it's simple enough that I would feel comfortable putting anyone in front of this game knowing they would have a good time. The major downside is it's quite short -- I 100% completed the game in about 4 hours. I'm not sure if I would have been this satisfied with the game if I paid full retail price of $14.99
    Last edited by Drageuth; 24th-January-2013 at 09:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

Goldeneye Wii version on Operative mode eventually will get to doing the other modes.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

PSX Gradius Gaiden

Loops 2-3 beaten. Taking a break for Loop 4 tomorrow.

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh should mention I guess. RE5 on normal last night. If anyone wants to help me on higher difficulties/getting trophies let me know

Thanks
    EP Points

Finally decided to hook up my PS3, and dig out some of the games.

Looked at all the games, and decided to finally beat God Of War III.

Game is awesome, ending was okay, but not what I expected. Solid game nonetheless.

Thanks

Recently I beat Mad Father. It was a nice break from Corpse Party.

Thanks
    EP Points

finished Pokemon Black. Good game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Resi 5

Very proud of my first platinum Need to finish Arkham asylum and Terminator Salvation

Thanks
    EP Points

Red Faction Armageddon, it's an alright game that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Thanks
    EP Points

RE5