Page 270 of 440 FirstFirst ... 170220260265266267268269270271272273274275280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 6591

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have beaten Dust - An Elysian Tale.
    Now this game is a very nice, simplistic hack and slash side-scrolling adventure. Its main point lies within the story. Its a bit cheesy, but also a touching one. However, the ending is a bit weak, and the whole game is *ahem* all with anthropomorphic animals. Basically furries for those who shy from anything with the subject .
    I got it cheap off steam, but I'd warn you it's a one time play story.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Ultraman Fighting Evolution Zero

Maybe I should try to record their Color Timer warnings, I've been dying to hear what do they sound from the other Ultramen

Thanks

As of last week I finished Contact and Nostalgia for the Ds.Loved every moment of Conact.Wish I could say the same about Nostalgia but I hated the Ship combat.Everything else in that game was top notch.I just modded my Wii yesterday and started to play Earthbound.Really enjoying it so far.

Thanks
    EP Points

Metal Gear Solid 1 - PS1 - Normal Difficulty - Good Ending (That was the first time I beat this game. It was really fun and difficult. Other games seem easy now. I will beat it again someday to see the bad ending.)
    Twenty Minutes Into The Future

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by b2p1mp View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 1 - PS1 - Normal Difficulty - Good Ending (That was the first time I beat this game. It was really fun and difficult. Other games seem easy now. I will beat it again someday to see the bad ending.)
    I totally understand. I beat both the original game on PSX and the remake on Gamecube and it was pretty satisfying. Anyways I took down Crash Bandicoot again not to long ago just to revisit the game. I will be revisiting the other 2 sometime soon.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

Thanks
    EP Points

Final Fantasy 8, Triple Triad was fun and I've never played it before. Squall is not the most likable character and I didn't really spend any more time than was necessary on the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Finished Dangan Ronpa and Super Dangan Ronpa 2. Very good and entertaining story and plays like Ace Attorney combined with the social links from Persona. The cases in Ronpa 2 are way more complicated than in its predecessor, but still doable.
    Now getting into my first playthrough ever of FF Type-0 and man is this some complicated shit, so much difficult Japanese military vocabulary and shit

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    Now getting into my first playthrough ever of FF Type-0 and man is this some complicated shit, so much difficult Japanese military vocabulary and shit
    Yeah get ready for that every time the narrator or Cid open their mouths.

Btw I was quite disappointed with Type-0, not horrible but overall a very meh game imo.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Riela Marcellis View Post
    Yeah get ready for that every time the narrator or Cid open their mouths.

Btw I was quite disappointed with Type-0, not horrible but overall a very meh game imo.
    Didn't remember Riela being THAT well-endowed in VC 3 lol

As for Type-0, now in chapter 3 after 10 hours and it is indeed not as spectacular as it is depicted in the West. At least not yet.
    The battle system is quite fast-paced and challenging (more so than any FF titles that came out the last 15 years), the graphics are gorgeous and the OST quite enjoyable.
    But I feel the game lacks a better explanation of the world's background:throwing around mythology stuff like L'Cie from the get-go just confused me in the first few hours because I'm not that knowledgeable in Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology. And I absolutely hate how some menu menagement stuff is handled:why do I have to go to a save point to change party members or teaching them skills? Or why the need to separate the History entry from the main game and making it only accessible from the title screen or in the library?
    Oh, and despite having 14 playable characters available with trademark fighting styles (lot of fun to experiment), this hurts characterisation pretty badly. I still hardly know anything about 12 of them and they are supposed to be the main cast I hope this gets better.
    Meh, screw the long rant, time to get back playing
    And fuck these stupid lv 99 dual horns on the world map

Thanks
    EP Points

Didn't remember Riela being THAT well-endowed in VC 3 lol

As for Type-0, now in chapter 3 after 10 hours and it is indeed not as spectacular as it is depicted in the West. At least not yet.
    The battle system is quite fast-paced and challenging (more so than any FF titles that came out the last 15 years), the graphics are gorgeous and the OST quite enjoyable.
    But I feel the game lacks a better explanation of the world's background:throwing around mythology stuff like L'Cie from the get-go just confused me in the first few hours because I'm not that knowledgeable in Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology. And I absolutely hate how some menu menagement stuff is handled:why do I have to go to a save point to change party members or teaching them skills? Or why the need to separate the History entry from the main game and making it only accessible from the title screen or in the library?
    Oh, and despite having 14 playable characters available with trademark fighting styles (lot of fun to experiment), this hurts characterisation pretty badly. I still hardly know anything about 12 of them and they are supposed to be the main cast I hope this gets better.
    Meh, screw the long rant, time to get back playing
    And fuck these stupid lv 99 dual horns on the world map
    Yeah the artist took a few liberties with her bosom, let's leave it at that.

I had the exact same problem. I actually went to the Wiki page now and then to understand what they're talking about. And yes, you can only change equipment/characters at save crystals or shops, but not on the world map. I didn't get that.

One of my major gripes was the fact that I didn't care about any of the characters. All this huge dramatic stuff happens but all of Class Zero felt like strangers to me, there's barely any character development for them. Oh and get ready for the shitty RTS minigame that is totally pointless and boring!

Also, apparently some new story scenes unlock only on the second playthrough that *might* give more character development, but at that point I just couldn't be bothered. After the first playthrough I was already sick of the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Riela Marcellis View Post
    One of my major gripes was the fact that I didn't care about any of the characters. All this huge dramatic stuff happens but all of Class Zero felt like strangers to me, there's barely any character development for them. Oh and get ready for the shitty RTS minigame that is totally pointless and boring!
    After playing 10 more hours, I still agree with you on these two points. The only characters that get some spotlight (not character development mind you, their character haven't even been established yet for that to happen), are Machina and Rem and they're way too one-dimensional yet. But I won't make a final judgement about a game I have yet to finish.
    As for RTS, I'm inclined to believe they've added it just for the lulz, no other way to explain why it's so damn easy and yet so time-consuming at the same time --> pointless.
    I really like the gameplay though, that's what really motivates me playing. Just one thing: is it me or are some cities where the missions take place just carbon copies of each other?

Thanks
    EP Points

Killzone Mercenary (Vita)

Only took 3 hours on normal difficulty. However this game's centered around replaying the missions in different ways, so it's actually probably quite a long game if you don't mind that.

Thanks
    EP Points

After playing 10 more hours, I still agree with you on these two points. The only characters that get some spotlight (not character development mind you, their character haven't even been established yet for that to happen), are Machina and Rem and they're way too one-dimensional yet. But I won't make a final judgement about a game I have yet to finish.
    As for RTS, I'm inclined to believe they've added it just for the lulz, no other way to explain why it's so damn easy and yet so time-consuming at the same time --> pointless.
    I really like the gameplay though, that's what really motivates me playing. Just one thing: is it me or are some cities where the missions take place just carbon copies of each other?
    Not just you. Most cities look the same, they pretty much copy-pasted everything. And it doesn't get any better once you liberate them, they have like one street to explore. There's some filler stuff if you talk to the NPCs but nothing particularly interesting. So yeah, towns are really bland, probably the worst in any FF game I've played.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Dark Souls

I've played it for weeks and enjoyed it immensely. What a fantastic game