Page 75 of 440 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 6591

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks
    EP Points

I beat Freak out in the time it took me to defrag my comp

Thanks

Resident Evil Dead Aim, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy X-2

I'm in ur head, raping ur cerebral cortex
    Thanks

Just beat Phoenix Wright: Justice For All. Played it a long time ago, and for some reason gave up at the end of the last turnabout.

Thanks

Recently I've been on Zelda game conquest mode. I beat Zelda 2, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and Link's Awakening in the past week.

Thanks

it's not an exploit but recently i have finished PORTAL!
    A very very good game...

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Beat Professor Layton and The Curious Village today. Fun game I say. The story was great and about 40% of the puzzles were enjoyable.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just beat the first Advance Wars game.

Thanks

finished metal gear solid portable ops. i like it a lot. the whole pokemon for adults thing kept me going.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by blazinasian View Post
    finished metal gear solid portable ops. i like it a lot. the whole pokemon for adults thing kept me going.
    I want that game very badly. I'll play it once I beat MGS3.

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by blazinasian View Post
    Great game! I really want to replay it someday. But I have some other games to take care of first.

Thanks
    EP Points

just got through ultimate alliance, and me and a couple of buddies are just about to beat Heavenly Sword!!!!

Thanks

i just beat tales of destiny for psx. gotta love the classics

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Just beat Final Fantasy VI (SNES). The final boss battle was epic, as I chose to assign three people to a group instead of four.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Finished off Advance Wars II during the forum downtime.

edit: And during the recent forum downtime, I beat Final Fantasy IX. Had both the Hammer and Save the Queen in my inventory, so I apparently got an alternate ending.
    Last edited by Tanthias; 17th-March-2008 at 18:59.

Thanks
    EP Points

Might as well start posting in this one.

Anyway, while the forums were down, I ended up finishing Tales of Graces. Enjoyed it a lot! Did all of the sidequests I could find, too, though I've yet to tackle the bonus dungeons. That shall be a challenge for another day. Since I only post here like once every two decades, I'll proceed to write my usual wall of text. Though I'm probably only doing this now because the game's JP-only, and I want others who would otherwise dismiss it to learn more about it. So if you want to know more, read on. If not - tl;dr, the game's good.

Spoiler warning:

Couple of words about the game. The battle system is a lot of fun and highly addictive, but that's to be expected from Team Destiny. I also had fun with Abyss's system, but Free Run was way too abusable, which they ended up severely nerfing here by making it cost CC for every step - a welcome change. So yeah, the game uses the CC system, which I personally find much better compared to the regular TP system many other Tales games use. In any case, this feel like a healthy mixture of the combat mechanics of Abyss and the Destiny Remake on PS2. Other familiar gameplay mechanics from ToDR make a return here - there's a new and improved version of the "food bag" - a container you can put food (and other items) into, and they will automatically activate in battle when certain conditions are met. As in, "use hamburger when HP is below 50%", or something along those lines.

Another thing is the crafting system, which is called, uh... デュアライズ (Dualize, I guess?). You pretty much mix two things together to create something new. I don't want to go into details (there are guides online), but this is a more or less universal system. You upgrade your weapons this way, combine materials to create new materials (for further crafting, or a sidequest, or whatever), and you can use it to mix together ingredients and cook meals. And you can create special stat-boosting gems, too, but as I've said, I don't want to go into further details or this post will be even longer than it already is.

Now, the plot didn't seem anything special. I had to rely on the bits and pieces I understood of the spoken dialogue, and a few subtitled videos I came across online, so from what I understood it mostly boiled down to "guy who's the villain isn't the villain because he's actually being possessed by the real villain of the game". Said real villain seemed to fall into the stereotypical "not evil, just misunderstood" category, who wants to destroy the world because no one loves him. Or something. The ending of the PS3-exclusive Future Arc was all kinds of lovely, though. Not sure whether this is because because I've grown attached to the characters, or simply because I'm getting more lenient with generic happy endings as I get older, but in the end, I just liked it.

As for the main cast, I pretty much liked everyone. Though Asbel might become annoying to some people due to his obsession with protecting his friends/everyone. I mean my God. The word "mamoru" is uttered at least a dozen times every other minute when he's around. Sophie does something similar, except in her case it's the Japanese word for "friend". Other than that, I actually liked her a lot, plus she has some of the cutest skits in the game. Cheria is your stereotypical "chick with a crush on the MC" character, except she's never annoyingly naive or overly girly. And so on.

Also, I find it interesting how only Team Destiny games have full body skits. It just looks so much better, so I'm not sure why other Tales games aren't doing it. I'll chalk it up to laziness.

So anyway, it's pretty good. From a gameplay point of view, I can strongly recommend it. Otherwise, it has its share of anime clichés, though it can be tolerated. The game itself is shorter than some of the longer installments in the series. Took me 60 hours to beat with pretty much every sidequest done and a bit of grinding thrown in there (only because I liked the battle system that much. Not because there's any actual need to grind). So the main story is less than that, probably, uh... 50-55? I dunno. To me, that's still the perfect length, but people who liked the bajillion hours you could spend in Abyss (or Vesperia?) tend to complain, even though a good chunk of that game was pretty boring/filler-y because of this.

Speaking of which, the difficulty is... somewhat lacking. The game's way too easy on Normal if you know what you're doing. I pretty much ended up beating the later half of the game on Second and Hard, the two difficulty settings above Normal.

That's pretty much it. It's not perfect, but in many ways it's better than previous 3D installments.
    Last edited by Gare; 23rd-December-2010 at 13:48.