Page 35 of 440 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585135 ... LastLast

Thread: What game have you recently beaten?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony View Post
    Jowy... ;____; I didn't play another RPG for about five months after Suikoden II. That ending ruined me. In a good way.

Sorry, I didn't see this post 'til now. I gave the rune to Chris. I liked her and Hugo quite a bit, but I'd still kind of prefer for there to have been a single lead character. Somehow it didn't feel quite as Suikoden-ish without one.

And...Hugo, Blight's son? =o That's an um...interesting theory.
    No worries, dude. Oh? I liked Geddoe (err.. is that his name? Oh well, the third guy anyway ) the best, but I went with Hugo seeing as Chris and Geddy were tied to the other two runes. Yeah, I know what you mean. I.. I actually thought Thomas would turn out to be the main character which would've been.. eh, I was being silly there.

I know, but it's either him or Jowy. =3 Now, Lucia came to aid them highlanders after Luca had died, but I like to naturally assume that they had sex a few days before that. And Hugo's hair is suspiciously black-blonde..

Quote Originally Posted by Me, years ago
    Hugo being Luca's son makes sense seeing as most true rune bearers have some sort of connection to the true runes.
    Could also apply for Jowy though..

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I beat Megaman vs Metroid as well as Megaman vs Ghouls 'N Ghosts, two very well made flash mashups, in which Megaman takes the place of Samus and Arthur in levels patterned after their respective games, and fights them at the end.

They're really well done. The level design is top notch, and the games play faithfully to what you'd expect in Megaman, with the Metriod game making allowances for Samus' floaty jumping. The bosses move and act like you'd expect them to act, complete with Arthur's inability to change direction once commited to a jump, and Samus dropping bombs all over the place. It's just really classy stuff. Really fun. The cool thing is that when you finish one game, you unlock a special weapon that you can use in the other. When you beat them both, you can play through them again with Protoman. I recommend that you check them out at Newgrounds.com. Use Joy2Key for best results.

http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/megaman.html

Thanks

So...uh, this is off-topic, but which Xenosaga would you think it's good to start? I have heard people who said that the PS1 are great and the PS2 crap and viceversa, I like any type of RPG's so what would anyone recommend?

Thanks

Valkyrie Profile.
    Suikoden I, II, III, IV (Only to meet Ted) and V.
    Fire Emblem VI-IX.

Go.

I don't know you, you're not my friend.

I'm full of good ideas..

Thanks

the psx one is called xenogears

the ones on ps2 are called xenosaga and are 3 games total and i started on the first one

Thanks

Sweet, thanks.

Thanks

Yeah, uhm... You're supposed to play Episode I...

Then Episode II...

Then Episode III!

Dunno if Xenogears is better played before or after, though...

I beat Silent Hill 2 yesterday -- 100 Star Rank. I'm not sure I wanna try Silent Hill 3 now... It's the hardest SH game I've played...

crusher is offline ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Thanks
    EP Points

It doesn't matter if you play Xenogears before or after Xenosaga as the stories are hardly related to each other.

Admit it Ru, you are just afraid of the dark!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    So...uh, this is off-topic, but which Xenosaga would you think it's good to start? I have heard people who said that the PS1 are great and the PS2 crap and viceversa, I like any type of RPG's so what would anyone recommend?
    I'd recommend you play Xenogears first, personally. It's much better than Saga (though it's much better than most games, in my opinion ), and while the two aren't really related in any direct way (despite having a very similar feel), Saga has lots of cool little references back to Gears. Especially Episode III. Even if you try Xenosaga and don't like it, I'd still recommend giving Gears a go, as it's really one of the best Japanese RPGs ever.

By all means play Saga as well, though. Episode I is really good, and while Episode II is a bit of a train-wreck in certain ways, it's not completely irredeemable. Besides, even if it was, it's worth playing simply because Episode III is so good.

They're not really for everyone. The three games are criticised for being linear and story heavy...and they are. A lot of game time is spent watching movies. But it's a pretty interesting story, with a nice cast of characters. I remember you said that you liked Final Fantasy X, and it's not really any more linear than that, so maybe, like me, the 'on-rails-ness' of Xenosaga won't bother you too much anyway.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    Yeah, uhm... You're supposed to play Episode I...

Then Episode II...

Then Episode III!

Dunno if Xenogears is better played before or after, though...

I beat Silent Hill 2 yesterday -- 100 Star Rank. I'm not sure I wanna try Silent Hill 3 now... It's the hardest SH game I've played...
    As long as you stop at SH3, you'll be fine. SH4 will piss on your sanity and probably lower your overall gaming ability and judgment. It really did suck that bad.

Thanks

Ed, I <3 MGS, so I'm used to spend game time watching movies.

And yeah, I liked FFX but that's mainly because I love every FF title. I really don't mind linear games at all.

Well, after your advices I'll know what to pick, either off the intarwebz or from the "Less than 15 bucks" shelf from Blockbuster. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crusher
    Admit it Ru, you are just afraid of the dark!
    No, I just hate those damn Slurpers/Pendulums... Everything else is cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by brit View Post
    As long as you stop at SH3, you'll be fine. SH4 will piss on your sanity and probably lower your overall gaming ability and judgment. It really did suck that bad.
    Too late! SH4 was kinda trash, but I already unlocked everything, so...

Thanks

Heh, I'm looking for the other SH games (3 and 4) and since everyone HATES 4 I have this little feeling that I'm gonna love it.

Happened with FFX, both of them. =D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    Heh, I'm looking for the other SH games (3 and 4) and since everyone HATES 4 I have this little feeling that I'm gonna love it.

Happened with FFX, both of them. =D
    I have FFX-2 lying around somewhere... Gotta beat FFX before I try it out, though...

FFXII has proven to be a powerful force to which I gravitate with no control over my boday, though... And then there's DQVIII... I might not touch FFX again in a loooong time...

SH4 is OK. Kinda. I guess...

Thanks
    EP Points

Might be breaking the flow of things here, but I just beat (PC) Grand Theft Auto 3