Thread: Need help with getting suikoden II ISO to run.

chimaira Guest

Question Need help with getting suikoden II ISO to run.

Ive downloaded the iso for suikoden II and extracted it usin winrar.there are two files one is a mds file and the other is mdf. how do i get them to
    run.

Thanks

The .mds and .mdf files are Alcohol 120% images. I don't know what console your game is for, but you can mount the game with Daemon Tools to test(before burning) in your emulator. I will be able to help you more when you tell me what console the game is for.

chimaira Guest

Suikoden II is for PSX

Thanks

Okay then, you will need an emulator of course. ePSXe is an excellent emulator for PSX. After you have the emu, you will need to get the Playstation bios. I use SCPH1001.bin. You will need Video, sound and CDrom plugins. You can get everthing save the bios from here: http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins
    The bios you can get from here: Playstation bios
    The plugins I use for ePSXe are as follows:
    Video Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.17
    Sound Plugin: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
    CDrom Plugin: I use the one that comes with the emulator because it works fine with me. You might not prefer that, so check out the site.
    Tell me when you get that all set up.

chimaira Guest

I have all that stuff.sorry it took me so long to reply but i took a shower and got some food.

Thanks

You have to mount the games in daemon tools to test them. After getting daemon mount your games and set the ePSXe drive to the virtual drive created by daemon. Then you can select run cd and the game should play unless you didn't configure all your plugins.

chimaira Guest

ive got daemon tools on my computer but when i click on it it doesnt load is there another way to do this.

Thanks

I just got back from 2 job interviews, that's why I wasn't able to post right away. Here are the steps for testing you images in Daemon Tools, to run your Playstation games.

1. Run Daemon Tools
    2. Rightclick on the red lightening bolt in your system tray.
    3. Hover moust arrow over Virtual CD/DVD-Rom a 2nd. window opens up with the first option being "Device 0: [G] No Media"
    4. Hover mouse arrow over "Device 0: [G] No Media", select "Mount image" NOTE: Your drive letter might not be G, mine is and that what I used in the example above!
    5. When you select mount image look for the .mds, .mdf files. In this case daemon will recognize the .mds file. With bin, cue file it recognizes the cue.....and so on. Make sure you have the images together.
    6. After you mounted you image, open up ePSXe and select config/CDrom/configure/select the virutual cdrom daemon set for you computer and click ok.
    7. Everything is ready, now go into the "File" tab in ePSXe and click run "CDROM"
    You can now play your game.
    Last edited by Starless_Eyes; 2nd-September-2005 at 22:12.

chimaira Guest

I downloaded daemon tools like you told me to but when i click on the daemon tools icon it wont run.I tried downloading it again and reinstalling it but it doesnt work.what should i do now?

Inside of a Final Fantasy NES cartridge...
    Thanks
    EP Points

I have no idea how to fix your problem with Daemon Tools (You did download it from here? Didn't you?) http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/port...tegory&catid=5

Well, if you can't get Daemon Tools to work, try using ISOBuster to create a bin/cue from the mds/mdf files.
    http://www.isobuster.com/
    Last edited by SegNin; 2nd-September-2005 at 23:02.

chimaira Guest

Thats the place i downloaded daemon tools from.Can you tell me how to make a bin/cue with iso buster.Im a noob at this kind of thing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sure.

Download & Install ISOBuster. (Don't worry, about paying for it, you can use it for what you need for free)

Click File > Open Image File > choose the mds.

Right Click where it says CD and choose Extract CD , then click Raw (bin iso)

Now name and save your bin file to your hard drive, then name and save the cue.

chimaira Guest

Thank you so much.I finally got Suikoden II to work.My cousins dog bite my old disk in half and ive been tryin to get the ISO on my computer so i can finally beat that game.I love you!(in a not gay way)

Thanks
    EP Points

LOL

Your Welcome.

(in a hetero way)