Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back the 25 posts rule !!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon
    Why should it limit the number of people that can download it ? Ok, it would be annoying for the uploader to have these PM's but it will not limit the number of people. If someone will really have that game then he will PM for 100%. Besides, only 25 downloads are allowed with YSI, so ?
    Well, I dunno I still think ppl are lazy. You might be right, I might be right, we'll never know until we try it. As long as something is agreed upon and put in place. Anything is better than the present, right?

Thanks

that's what I love abot megaupload - links don't die (I go to every link once a week and keep them alive that way), and noone can remove them.
    about 25 post rule - my first post here was a request too - I never post in threads like "what's your favorite ***" and if the rule was active when I joined I'm sure I wouldn't be here and I'm sure there are lots of user - potencial users like me...
    I go against this rule...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beezwax
    put the rule into place when i reach 25 posts
    We are trying to take measures AGAINST you're kind of people. Just look at your posts .. only requests in the YSI section

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gaudvinas
    that's what I love abot megaupload - links don't die (I go to every link once a week and keep them alive that way), and noone can remove them.
    about 25 post rule - my first post here was a request too - I never post in threads like "what's your favorite ***" and if the rule was active when I joined I'm sure I wouldn't be here and I'm sure there are lots of user - potencial users like me...
    I go against this rule...
    Hmm, megaupload sounds better to me now. But anyway, yes, it will keep some potential users away, but I think that leechers will be less common. To achieve something, sacrifices are always necessary.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by beezwax
    put the rule into place when i reach 25 posts
    Thats a bit of an assholic comment
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah that would relatively break the fun of uploading if you had to PM everyone the damn links. Don't forget some people just pass-by wanting to upload something and then go away. Also the links wouldn't be 100% secure, as someone still can cancel the link and you couldn't be sure if it was that person or any one before him since someone might have asked for the links but not yet downloaded the files... Add the "YSI Hates Xena" factor, and it's still mucho complicated.
    If the forums was over passworded or something like this then it would be a mess to gain access when you're new and wanna help without spamming to look important (RocSqualie case for example).
    I'm really looking foward for an upload automation program, as this would solve the need to be there 24/24, and that's waiting is what takes the greatest time. Just starting a bunch of uploads and then going away...wouldn't that be wonderbar?

But to come back on subject, I think the rule should be re-applied, but with a 10 post limit instead. It would filter at least all those leechers (that you could spot easily since they'll be spamming a little) but at the same time it wouldn't make too much spam. I'm sure someone really interested by GB's of PSX direct downloads everyday is able to make 10 intelligent looking posts. The best way to make that clear would be to warn the new user when going into the trading section without the post requirement. Not just a "You need 25 posts to enter this section" message, but rather a long exaplanation to what he will gain access if he proves he can make 10 correct posts in useful sections.
    I am myself wondering why post counts in F4A, much of the time the threads in there turn into Hangout at the third reply...
    The useful sections would include everything emulation, all tech related forums and the comments section. The rest has nothing really to do with emulation, so what's the point of proving you're good at guitar when you want to download PSX isos?
    Somehow the forums would need a restructuration however.

Just my 2 cents

Thanks

Megaupload is good bar the fact no download mangers like YSI

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    Yeah that would relatively break the fun of uploading if you had to PM everyone the damn links. Don't forget some people just pass-by wanting to upload something and then go away. Also the links wouldn't be 100% secure, as someone still can cancel the link and you couldn't be sure if it was that person or any one before him since someone might have asked for the links but not yet downloaded the files... Add the "YSI Hates Xena" factor, and it's still mucho complicated.
    If the forums was over passworded or something like this then it would be a mess to gain access when you're new and wanna help without spamming to look important (RocSqualie case for example).
    I'm really looking foward for an upload automation program, as this would solve the need to be there 24/24, and that's waiting is what takes the greatest time. Just starting a bunch of uploads and then going away...wouldn't that be wonderbar?

But to come back on subject, I think the rule should be re-applied, but with a 10 post limit instead. It would filter at least all those leechers (that you could spot easily since they'll be spamming a little) but at the same time it wouldn't make too much spam. I'm sure someone really interested by GB's of PSX direct downloads everyday is able to make 10 intelligent looking posts. The best way to make that clear would be to warn the new user when going into the trading section without the post requirement. Not just a "You need 25 posts to enter this section" message, but rather a long exaplanation to what he will gain access if he proves he can make 10 correct posts in useful sections.
    I am myself wondering why post counts in F4A, much of the time the threads in there turn into Hangout at the third reply...
    The useful sections would include everything emulation, all tech related forums and the comments section. The rest has nothing really to do with emulation, so what's the point of proving you're good at guitar when you want to download PSX isos?
    Somehow the forums would need a restructuration however.

Just my 2 cents
    I think you have a point there about post counts and restructuring the forums. EP needs more organization, in my opinion. Yes, it's an awesome place, but for it to continue, we have to make sure that it is in good order.

Thanks

How complicated it is

Thanks

Thats sounds complicated.Imagine how many pms the uploader will get.EP has 10000+ members right now of course the most of them are not active always but still the number is really high.

I dont know maybe its time to change the YSI but into what?

Megaupload has really slow download speeds

Rapidshare has a 50 mb upload limit plus the known download limit.(It can be passed with some ways but i know rapidshare change always their protection)

A solution will be possible zshare http://www.zshare.net

You CANT remove the file unless you provide a password (only the uploader knows the passwords)

Here test it

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. You see you cant remove the file unless you provide a p/s.

Important Note-Please if sometime in the future we decide to upload games there DONT make the links clickable (add a code or disable the url) because maybe the files are blocked (like YSI above 50 servers) and eitherway its more safe.

In all other trading forums there is a rule saying dont make links clickable.ALWAYS.

Edit-I forgot the file can be downloaded unlimited times for 15 days.Also there is a 100 mb upload limit.But that should be really a problem because almost everyone split the files to around 100 mb & even less.
    Last edited by EvilRyu; 2nd-September-2005 at 14:52.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by polobunny
    That wouldn't really work. YSI can't resume uploads, so if one kept timing out, you'd be screwed. Anyway, if you open up 20 windows and start uploading the parts, it will still be uploaded consecutively, rather than at the same time. A better approximation would be in groups of two. Anyhow, that method worked for me pretty well, from the 40-something 30MB parts of Panzer Dragoon Saga, only 3 timed out. But at least I didn't have to watch over the upload, just leave it running in the background.

And I still don't understand why people prefer YSI to torrents. If torrents were well-seeded, it worked much better than YSI. (The time it takes to upload a game is equal in both cases - only that with torrents each of the leechers has to have at least 1:1 ratio.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    And I still don't understand why people prefer YSI to torrents. If torrents were well-seeded, it worked much better than YSI. (The time it takes to upload a game is equal in both cases - only that with torrents each of the leechers has to have at least 1:1 ratio.)
    Heh, that's the thing. Ppl don't want to seed torrents. I hate seeding, but I do it cause of trades or similar things. BT takes up your PC's resources. YSI doesn't, at least not compared to BT.

Thanks
    EP Points

You obviously didn't read my other post somewhere in the YSI requests thread, asking for someone to code such a thing. Not that it's bad or anything though, you just didn't see it.
    I want something able to queue uploads, skips the failed upload after a number of times. Those things that would help.
    And people prefer it because when you upload a torrent you gotta freaking seed it 293802348043928% because they're so much f***ing annoying leechers on EP tracker.

Thanks

i agree on this as well.

Requesting from YSI:

Thanks

What would be good IMHO is a tag that would make part of your post invisible to people under the 25 post criteria which you could put around your links, so that people under the limit could upload but not download.
    There used to be a real me, but I had it surgically removed.