Thread: Help needed

Thanks

Red face Help needed

sorry if this is in the wrong section but i'm really getting peed off i have a pal psone machine and had heard about loads of people being able to play psone games that were on cd-r so i thought i'd love to do that as there are some games that came out in the states and not over here but are to expensive to buy now as they are really rare so i downloaded from this website lunar silver star story i have four files (ccd,cue,img,sub) i tryed using clonecd but kept on coming up writing to cd failed i tryed 1x and 4x still the same so then i used nero rom burned all files to disk (ridata silver-silver 52x 700mb) then used my ps-x-change version2 and when screen comes up with insert import game and press start the disk starts spinning but nothing happens it just stays on the same screen can anyone help with a step to step guide on how to burn and to get them to play in my psone tryed playing on pc using espxe but can't configure it properly and tryed cvgs dont work on my com keeps coming up error so if anyone can help i would really appreiate it sorry for spelling.

Thanks

Hmm... Check out the Emulation sub-forum right here on EP. fireblaster_liz wrote a guide for configuring ePSXe in quick easy steps... He/she always said something along the lines of "read my guide", which I usually mocked...

Punctuation also helps...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by micky33
    sorry if this is in the wrong section but i'm really getting peed off i have a pal psone machine and had heard about loads of people being able to play psone games that were on cd-r so i thought i'd love to do that as there are some games that came out in the states and not over here but are to expensive to buy now as they are really rare so i downloaded from this website lunar silver star story i have four files (ccd,cue,img,sub) i tryed using clonecd but kept on coming up writing to cd failed i tryed 1x and 4x still the same so then i used nero rom burned all files to disk (ridata silver-silver 52x 700mb) then used my ps-x-change version2 and when screen comes up with insert import game and press start the disk starts spinning but nothing happens it just stays on the same screen can anyone help with a step to step guide on how to burn and to get them to play in my psone tryed playing on pc using espxe but can't configure it properly and tryed cvgs dont work on my com keeps coming up error so if anyone can help i would really appreiate it sorry for spelling.
    You can burn the .ccd, .img ,sub with clonecd, Alcohol 120% or any other software that supports those images. I don't know why the .cue file was included with the former three files but it is completely unnecessary. Cue files go with bin files not ccd(clonecd) files.
    I will write the steps for burning your images in clonecd.
    1. Open CloneCd, select "write from imagefile"
    2. Select the location of the .ccd file.(Make sure you have the .img, .sub files together with the .ccd file)
    3. Click "Next"
    4. Select write speed.(lowest speed is recommended to save problems with errors from writing at high speeds.)
    5. Click on "Game Cd" the icon below the write speed option.
    6. Click ok.
    Thats it. Always test your images by mounting with daemon tools to prevent waisting of your cd's. Daemon creates a virtual drive like a cd rom and that lets you test it in you emulator. Just change the drive in the emulator to the virtual drive once you have the game loaded. Click the first "daemon tools" for the program.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by micky33
    i have a pal psone machine and had heard about loads of people being able to play psone games that were on cd-r
    \
    For actually playing the games you will need to use a swap cd, swap trick or modchip, but with the swap thingys i dont think they will let you play American games. For that you will need a modchip
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29796&dateline=143454  3972