Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the bible/Christianity

Thanks

Wooo!
    This will seem really stupid to you, and I thought about it before, but it never seemed this weird before...
    What if the universe never had life? Like it never started?
    Then...it would be just... black sky... actually, not even that! Like... it would be nothing, no existence, no life, and nothing at all. It's just weird, I mean, there would be nothing. Because then there wouldn't be anything!
    No use for anything, and nothing would ever be.
    Ahh! I'm messed up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    Wooo!
    This will seem really stupid to you, and I thought about it before, but it never seemed this weird before...
    What if the universe never had life? Like it never started?
    Then...it would be just... black sky... actually, not even that! Like... it would be nothing, no existence, no life, and nothing at all. It's just weird, I mean, there would be nothing. Ahh! I'm messed up.
    Never had life?
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

I think too much...

btw Xena, you're fucking quick with your replies

Thanks

btw Xena, you're fucking quick with your replies
    Thank you, well my mother thought me intelligent

Thanks

My mother killed me.

Thanks

My mother killed me.
    Now thats just being silly, isnt it?

Thanks

If the universe never had life, it'd pretty much be the same as now, except this planet would look a bit different and such.

But no, you're not messed up.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    It is not even proven it is possible yet. They are just theorys.
    About probability: Think about a number. The chance of me guessing it is mathematically zero, yet it can still happen. Damn, I've got to read Jung's theory on Synchronicity.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    About probability: Think about a number. The chance of me guessing it is mathematically zero, yet it can still happen. Damn, I've got to read Jung's theory on Synchronicity.
    Give me solid proof of evolution and ill be the first to give up religeon, till then you have just admited its all 'probable' which isnt good enough for me. Furter, you can hide it behind any fancy statment or word you like, no proof that it is possible that universe came by chance has arisen, never mind proven if it acturaly happened.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've basically tried to say that mathematical probability or improbability can't really prove much. Synchronicity is theory that supposedly says that nothing happens by chance (I haven't read the actuall essay, just a short mention of it in one of his other works).

Thanks

I've basically tried to say that mathematical probability or improbability can't really prove much. Synchronicity is theory that supposedly says that nothing happens by chance (I haven't read the actuall essay, just a short mention of it in one of his other works).
    I see, ill look this up
    I cannot say nothing happens by chance, or someone would be to blame for everything.

I was talking directly to all the comments about 'its possible', I have 0 doubts about my faith, so I wouldnt want to go into somthing that is plauged with doubts, if you understand that.

Thanks

So how propable is it that there is a God? Theres one to think about.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Al_V1
    So how propable is it that there is a God? Theres one to think about.
    I have just proven that NOTHING can be proved by probability alone. If you think there is a God, there is, if you think there isn't, then there isn't. Perception of reality is subjective, you know.
    A simple example. I see a wall. I would say that it is white. However, the wall isn't white, 'white' is just how my mind interprets the input I recieve through my senses. The key here is interpretation. The human soul is hard to explain even for modern psychologist and philosophers, simply because one is looking at oneself through his own senses. So, you can't really say whether someone else sees that same wall as being white. That's why I said in the beginning of my post that the existence of God is purely a matter of perception.

Thanks

I have just proven that NOTHING can be proved by probability alone. If you think there is a God, there is, if you think there isn't, then there isn't. Perception of reality is subjective, you know.
    A simple example. I see a wall. I would say that it is white. However, the wall isn't white, 'white' is just how my mind interprets the input I recieve through my senses. The key here is interpretation. The human soul is hard to explain even for modern psychologist and philosophers, simply because one is looking at oneself through his own senses. So, you can't really say whether someone else sees that same wall as being white. That's why I said in the beginning of my post that the existence of God is purely a matter of perception.
    I have to say I agree with you most strongly. Xena I read your PM about other gods etc no offense but that just seems way to convenient and easy to say. From what I have read and heard my opinion is most religons are mainly unfounded "old wives tales" if you will I find it very hard to believe that people from 2000 years ago would predict stuff etc. The main thing I'm feeling now is that maybe these prophets writers of the bible and other religous text were the first writers of pure fantasy and fiction. That statement is not ment to offend but thats how I feel at this moment of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al_V1
    I have to say I agree with you most strongly. Xena I read your PM about other gods etc no offense but that just seems way to convenient and easy to say. From what I have read and heard my opinion is most religons are mainly unfounded "old wives tales" if you will I find it very hard to believe that people from 2000 years ago would predict stuff etc. The main thing I'm feeling now is that maybe these prophets writers of the bible and other religous text were the first writers of pure fantasy and fiction. That statement is not ment to offend but thats how I feel at this moment of time.
    Very good, sir.