Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the bible/Christianity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angelkenshin
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

This is mostly for lagwagon_87, since he brought it up, but I think based on a lot of the responses that these resources might clear up many of your questions.

Before I get personal about anything, I wanted to say that it is very reasonable to want "facts" and/or evidence of the existence of God and the validity of Jesus as Savior (everyone agrees Jesus lived, but is he what he says he is- the one, true Savior, the only way to Heaven?). I am a Christian, and believe, without a doubt, in Jesus as the one and only Savior. But I too, like facts, so lets start there.

To begin (just a start- argument for his case can go on forever) Jesus prophesied about the "end times". There were also other prophets of the Bible that point to Christ as Savior/claim to be inspired by God. The ONLY way to test/validate a prophet (whether he is telling the TRUTH or NOT) is simple: If the prophesy comes to pass, he was right!

This website has CLEAR, UNBIASED facts on Bible Prophesy, giving the prophecies in the Bible, Old and New Testament and the (RECENT) news that lines up with those prophecies. This is simply the FACTS: The Bible says "this", world events are "this." You can proceed to check these Scriptures/News articles anywhere. It can't be easier. See for yourself!

www.FutureComing.com

Some of the posters were right: these prophecies were made over 2000 years ago. How can you trust them? Jesus disciples asked:

"Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
    Jesus said "When you see all these things,�(the prophecies coming to pass) �know that it� (the end times) �is near -- at the doors!" (Matt 24:33).

Simply put, if these prophecies are coming true, then the End Times are close by. Was Jesus and the prophets of the Bible right? Look at the FACTS! YOU be the judge!

-------------------------------------------

Now if you wanted my "personal" take (I'd be glad to share more if anyone is interested- please feel free to email me) I believe we're in the end times, and I'm NOT worried about it. In fact, I'm excited. The reasons for my peace are many, but simply put: Jesus and the prophets of the Bible prophesied the end times, and the facts show we are in them. Since that is obviously true (it's proof!), the rest of the Bible must be. Some of you might want more evidence that God exists or that Jesus was resurrected (BTW it's recorded over 500 people saw Him alive in His time-

but the truth is, "facts", though they are strong enough to convince me, will never be enough for anyone! The Bible even says so:

"Hebrews 11:6 tells us that "Without FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God, for he who comes to God must BELIEVE that He is, and is a rewarder of those who DILIGENTLY SEEK Him."

Jesus says To Simon, who said Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the living God": "Flesh and blood" (natural evidence/people) "has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

All I'm saying, is that total trust and belief in God comes with some faith, with a step of believing. Facts are never enough! Yes, facts, news and science will, and DO prove God exists (futurecoming.com or check out the incredible creationmoments.com), EVERYONE, every Christian, must take a step, a "leap" of faith.

Like in the Matrix (my favorite movie), Neo must simply believe that he can jump to another building. It obvisouly wasn't enough that he SAW Morpheus do it, was it? He still has to believe. Really, we need to ask ourselves: "how much evidence do I need?" Some people will never be satisfied. We will always have to make some step of faith, of simple "believing" in God, in Jesus as Christ, the Savior to truly believe in God.

Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the life: No one can come to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

I can trust God's word that I am always provided for, and that His love is everlasting. Though hard times are coming, God is good, and knows the beginning from the end. Since His Word is true in prophecy, it's surely true otherwise! I can rest assured in God's love and promises for my life. And so can you! It's a good thing. Just call on Him:

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13)
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

But sin of ANY kind separate us from God. That is why we cannot be saved by doing "good things", or being a "good person". It causes us to be unworthy of Heaven:

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)

I too am a sinner. At one point, I deserved death for my sins. I am not telling you I was not in the same boat as you all. believe me... however, God doesn't want us to suffer

"The Lord is...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (II Peter 3:9)

But God makes us this AWESOME promise:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (John 1:19)

Just seek Him with your heart and ask for forgiveness. Ask to be renewed by His grace. If you repent, He forgives freely and offers a new life of peace and blessing in these times. God doesn't want your life to be terrible or Ask any true believer in Christ, and they will tell you how awesome a life in Christ is. He offers life, and life abundant (John 10:10).

I will say I went to a Bible believing church and felt the presence of the Lord! I had to admit, He is probably real. I was very excited and chose Jesus, repented and believe in Him for salvation!

You don't have to believe my story! But I have facts in the news lined with prophesy (futurecoming.com), scientific evidence (creationmoments.org) and first-hand experience of His spirit! People have been healed of life-long handicaps, cancer, incurable lung-diseases, and more in my tiny church (livingwordchapel.com), but it's not the church: It's the awesome power and love of the living God! You can believe what you want based on your "proof", but from what I have seen, heard, and experienced, I choose Jesus!

Do you really want the truth? Check it out yourself!

Free Bible app with dictionary
    - http://e-sword.net/downloads.html

(look up the Scriptures I mentioned- test everything!)

Bible prophecy with News articles- www.futurecoming.com

Scientific evidence for truth
    - www.creationmoments.org

Nevertheless, the Bible is the only perfect source of truth. It's God's Word, and the only place to truly base you faith:

"faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Roman's 10:17

" ...the truth shall make you free. John8:32[/url]
    I agree with some of that stuff.
    But I still don't have faith that God or Jesus are real.

Pkt-zero said a while back on this thread that..something like 'if you believe in something and that makes you happy completely, then does it even matter if you die and there is no heaven?.' That all of a sudden made me not care about saying how stupid Christians were anymore. It's all their choice, and I don't want anything to do with it.

I fucking despise those youth groups. They are fucking creepy. I went to a youth group thing when I was 12 (who knows why I agreed to it?) with my friend. That played a big part in my hatred for Christians. Those fucking brainwashed kids were scaring me. There is a huge invisible scar from that night. Fucking idiots they were.

I'd have to say the freakiest part about believing in God was that little story about the Oprah show I saw, where that guy killed his wife and three dogs and was fine with it because he said it was god's plan. What an idiot.

And I know everybody has their own opinions and it'll always be like that. For now, I am still part of no religion, but I might change in the future.

BTW, did that guy leave a big enough post?

prophet of trut is a dolt.

Well, I'll admit... I am a bit confused.

The thing that gets to me is that... how does everything work so perfectly?
    How did the world form like this? How did trees, lakes, or mountains grow?
    How do our bodies happen to work the way they do? The reproductiveness, the muscles etc. It just all goes together perfectly, so there must be something that created it, but I still don't think it's god. I don't know.
    Even though humans turned the world to shit recently, the world was still made perfectly at the start.
    Man, I hope the world ends soon...
    Last edited by Josh; 6th-September-2005 at 00:29.

Thanks

Stupidity, cruelty, greed, or any of the not so desirable human traits exists in humans irrespective of their religion. That right there is an interesting thing...

We can't possibly understand how everything works, of course we will continue to understand more and more, but the more you learn the more you realize that we don't know.

A creator is one very possibly explanation for how things got to the state they are on. There's very little evidence for or against it. It's not something you can prove. If you think the world was made by a creator, then believe in a creator. If you accept that something else is possible, then you shouldn't.

Even in the case of Christianity, you have to realize the world is the doing of man. We have free will, the choices that WE make are what have brought us here. If you don't like how things are right now, the only suggestion I can make is do your damnedest to make a difference.

For me that's the thing about religion. The good works that people do are because of themselves, because of their choices. It's not because they've been willed to or called to by some divine force. Good would still be good be it under the guise of Christianity, athiesm, or anything else.

If being a Christian makes your life better, then you should believe in it. However, if you're like me you can't say much more than you aren't sure. But I think it's comforting to think of the fact whether or not we were created doesn't matter. Either way we should act the same.

And please lagwagon, edit your posts rather than triple posting.

Thanks

Yeah, Xeean pretty much got it with that one. I wasn't being very serious about the going down thing, though. I'm still the forum agnostic here.

It's funny how people like the Trut guy up there appear in every thread about religion in every forum ever.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    Yeah, Xeean pretty much got it with that one.
    You sir, are truly a bastard.

It's funny how people like the Trut guy up there appear in every thread about religion in every forum ever.
    I think it's inevitable. Either people love making troll accounts, or people google for these types of forum posts.

Thanks

google all the way, baby!!

*Logs off trut account...

Thanks

Skinner, is that dude named 'Digger' you? Cause if he isn't, it's total armageddon, for HE HAS THE SAME AVATAR AS YOU!

And I got some kind of warning for triple posting... haha, I didn't know what I was thinking. Actually, I'm glad they warned me, because they put both my extra posts right into my first one, so I didn't have to do a thing. Man, am I blessed...

Thanks
    EP Points

Consider yourself lucky. :eyeball:

Thanks

I'm fucking famous. I created a thread that almost has 100 possts. This is like, the end of my life, as it is too cool to comprehend.
    What are your thoughts on The Passion by Mel Gibson (alughs at the South Park parody episodes).
    I think he's stupid. And that movie wasn't any good. Just ten subtitles at the first 5 minutes, then the rest is torture. Stupid Mel Gibson.

I got an IM by a certain someone: Here it is (I'll leave out the communication stuff he wrote incase I wanted to write him back).

-Ok,first off.Let me say that all sects of religion named as "Christian" arent always related very much in their beliefs and how they conduct things.So please if you see a crazy Jehova's witness or a Mormon....lol pleaaaase do not base your facts of Christianity upon them.Half the things they beleive in arent even in the Bible or totally contradict the Bible(I.E. the Jehovas Witness's belief that only somethin like 144,000 people will go to heaven and the Mormon's belief Jesus and Satan are brothers).

1The point of our so called "religion":

First of all,let me tell you what is not the point.The point is not to enslave nor brainwash the world or shove it down peoples throats.Yes,I realize that many
    have done this(like in the Catholic Spanish inquisition, and probally in the crusades during the middle ages) but they were very wrong in doing so.Humans are idiotic and foolish.The Bible never inspired them to do such idiotic things like forcing people into Christianity and infact if they had even taken the time and sat and read the Bible, they would see half the reason why God came as a human was to be an example for all humans to follow.To follow Christ. Hence why we are named "Christ"ians.And not anywhere throughout my study of Christs life for the last 4 years,anywhere in the New or Old Testament, do I hear of Christ EVER forcing or torturing or trying to shove anything down anyone's throat.And any so called Christians rebuking someone harshly for some "evilllll horrible sin" they've committed,looking down upon someone because they dont follow the Bible, or trying to enforce Christianity upon someone else truly does not know their own faith and ,for that matter, does not even know their own God.Infact throughout much of the New Testament Jesus often spoke against people like that named "Pharisees" which were religious Jewish elders who were pretty much pricks who tried to act like they were all that,a bag of chips, a main course steak and lobster and a side of hash potatoes because they were "oh so holllyyy".Welp with alllll of that said, the purpose of Christianity is to basically, save the world.The reason why God had made the Bible and Christianity,why He made his son take up all the sins of the worlds people and sarcrifice Himself, was to save the worlds people from themselves after our first ancestor's Adam and Eve sinned making the world ....feaklematter...lol.Because of sin and imperfection life deteorated and became corrupted as you can see if you look at the world today(and even throughout our bloostained human history).Because of that, two problems occured:
    Problem A. The quality of life deteorated and became as...feaklematter...
    Problem B.And..yeah.. the most obvious one...we go to hell cause we're sinful because its the righteous judgement of God(though originally it was a place for sin because Satan rebelled and created the first sin)
    Therefore,the purpose is to find our salvation through Christ and His sacrifice, and to enrich the quality of our life,the life of others,and God's by serving and loving Him.The way we enrich the quality of our life is by,in a sense, counteracting sin by following what God has commanded and the teachings of Jesus because, as clearly seen in the Bible and in the world, sin is the reason why everything is so crappy.I,myself, have found that by doing this I find more peace and happiness than living in sin.Really God's just helpin us out and tellin us whats best by giving us rules like the ten commandments and things of that sort because He's like our father. And the way we find salvation,contrary to popular belief, is by simply realizing that we are sinful,that Jesus Christ died as a sacrifice for all of the world's sins, and by placing our faith in His sacrifice as the only way we'd ever be good enough to get to heaven. It is NOT by saying 1000 hail marrys, praying some prayer, doing a handstand while drinking a 5th of vodka while saying the words abimalec na kar ta fushin 15 times fast perfectly or anything else we could possibly(or impossibly) do.The Bible clearly states the good works
    which we do to try to look good or to get to heaven are like dirty rags and that faith alone are we saved;not by works.God is giving us a free gift of salvation, a free pardoning of sins, we dont really have to do anything, just have faith in His son.Thats something which i see,makes Christianity differ from other religions and why other sects of Christianity seem to contradict the Word of God,making them wronnggggggg.You dont have to do jack..its all been done,just have a little faith and there ya have it.Insta-salvation.Oivay,the things people say and do now days when its all been written or done in the Bible or by Jesus or whatever.
    Anyways, I realize alot of that seemed off subject but in order for you not to miconceive things about Christianity I wanted to make sure you fully understood.

2 Why so many people are Christians:

First of all,I would like you to understand that not all who claim to be a Christian, are Christians.Not only that,but also, not all Christians correctly interpret the Bible (as ive said above about the Jehova witnesses and the Mormons).
    Yes,one reason is that, as some other person in the forum said it, its because some people are raised in a family who happen to have picked Christianity as a religion.But the thing is,not all people like that are really Christians.People call themselves Christians moronically everyday for some idiotic reason like"oh hey, my dads a christians, so im one too! hahahahaha " not even knowing what it means to be one, or really who God is.They may know some facts OF God but not really seeing who He is.Not really having faith.People think theyre Christians cause "hey! look! im goin to a CHRISTIAN church...booya baby, im in the Christianity scene". Which again is false,they are in no way in any likeness nor form a Christian.So in short....(which is really too late) i must say, dude...there arent exactly thattt many realllll Christians out there,at least from what Ive seen.Ive seen many posers, but an actual group of christians....well that seems to be scarce.So the reason why for those who are truly Christians is ...
    A. Yes, as some other person in the forum also said it i think,is

Now to talk about some of the things you've seen on tv.Yeah...that thing on oprah...lol. If you get into a car accident and your left stricken blind,dumb,and paralyzed its most likely noootttttt Gods plan.Infact, in my years of study of the Bible, ive never really seen God make anything bad happen.Course, there were those times He had to punish Israel so He let the whole nation go into slavery by some other nation.But those times were for special reasons.The reason was because, after God doing all these outrageously amazing miracles and actually giving them a prophet to listen to and all these things to show He's there like parting the red sea and coming in the form of a pillar of fire...the people of Israel would still openly defy Him.I mean,after alllllll these miraculous things its like they would forget about it and start worshipping some other pagan god.Now what I have seen in the Bible and heard of God doing is turning bad situations around (like accidently killing your wife and three dogs) and using it to do somethin good.People blame bad stuff like that happening everyday on God.What they fail to realize is that God happend to give humans free choice.Because of that
    there are other factors to which reasons for why something happend would fall on.Yes, it could be God, but if you just just murdered your wife and three dogs, well thats probally because you were an idiot, your wife and three dogs were idiots, satan couldve helped that happen(cause hes been known to do that sort of thing in the Bible) or a mix of the three. I can see why you would think Christians are idiots with people like him. Yeesh, hes an idiot,lol.But please realize, many Christians are idiots,many havent even studied the book on which they place their faith in.
    Often times the teachings of the Bible and the ways of Christ differ from Christians.This is often times because,yes we are idiots, we're still human though we have Christ within us.We are no better than any other person for the exception that we realize we are sinners and we have our faith in Christ.And we'll never be rid of our imperfect humanity till we die.

The thing about the Texan priest and the......wish water.....right.Yeah hes an idiot.Makes me angry just thinking about that guy.Your right to call him an idiot,cause he is.Hes a poser like ive said above.Hes either some guy whose confused about his christianity or is impersonating a christian in order to get into peoples wallets(and im pretty sure hes just using it to get into people's wallets).So please do not use this as an example of a Christian or Christianity.I or other real Christians are not superstitious but we base all that we beleive upon the Bible.If its not in the Bible (like for instance,water that makes your wishes come true) then we dont beleive it.

And now....the last thing...finally.Sorry to rant on for like a billion years.To talk of what pkt-zer0 said about
    the book of Revelations.Although this is of little relevance, the devil will not be destroyed(discreated) but rather,thrown in to hell to burn for eternity.The Lord God created all with an eternal soul that will never be destroyed,just exist somewhere else(much like how energy can not be created nor destroyed just exist in another form as stated in the first law of thermodynamics).Furthermore,with the devil's absence there would still be evil in the world.It is not only the devil's fault that there is sin in the world that corrupts man.It is mankinds fault as well. Not only does the devil tempt us and help corrupt us but also our "flesh"(our natural human nature because of adams first human sin) as stated in I Corinthians also makes us sinful as well.So in that sense,yes pkt-zer0 was right, we are naturally sinful, and the Bible clearly acknowledges that.But the Bible also acknowledges that its through Christ that we could ever then after the end of time become perfect and sinless,able to have eternal happiness and fellowship with God.Not through anything that we could do.People dont need pain and suffering,I dont recall myself ever NEEDING any of my pain or suffering, but in the Bible pain and suffering are results of sin,not because its something we need.And if you look closely at life you can see it.

If theres anything else you want to ask please feel free to IM or email me. I'm only trying to help you with your questions,not trying to "shove" anything "down your throat".Though I may not know all of the answers to your questions,because still, I do not know all there is in the Bible.It is a very large book.lol.

Also,though you may not beleive this, God may have used me to speak to you.Yep, sounds superstitious, but throughout the Bible He's used many humans to get His words across to other people.These humans He used were never special, they never had gotten any extra special anything from God that any other human couldnt have gotten as well.
    Just something to consider......

Goodnight-

Now this is a really long IM.

Alot of people are Christians, yet they still sin and do alot of other shit. I hate those idiots. Posers.

But... what is there to gain in being a Christian?
    Last edited by Lag; 6th-September-2005 at 10:10.

Thanks

I Have a question for those people who belive in evolution, or do not belive in god.

If there was no Creator, then life must have started spontaneously by chance. For life to have come about, somehow the right chemicals would have had to come together in the right quantities, under the right temperature and pressure and other controlling factors, and all would have had to be maintained for the correct length of time. Furthermore, for life to have begun and been sustained on earth, these chance events would have had to be repeated thousands of times. But how likely is it for even one such event to take place?

Evolutionists admit that the probability of the right atoms and molecules falling into place to form just one simple protein molecule is 1 in 10113, or 1 followed by 113 zeros. That number is larger than the estimated total number of atoms in the universe! Mathematicians dismiss as never taking place anything that has a probability of occurring of less than 1 in 1050. But far more than one simple protein molecule is needed for life. Some 2,000 different proteins are needed just for a cell to maintain its activity, and the chance that all of them will occur at random is 1 in 1040,000! �If one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific training into the conviction that life originated [spontaneously] on the Earth, this simple calculation wipes the idea entirely out of court,� says astronomer Fred Hoyle.

How did the unirevesre start then ???
    Last edited by Xena; 6th-September-2005 at 13:39.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Let's go back to the beginning of the universe for a second. At that moment, what are the odds of me posting this message on this message board at this time? Ridiculously low. But it's still happening.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Let's go back to the beginning of the universe for a second. At that moment, what are the odds of me posting this message on this message board at this time? Ridiculously low. But it's still happening.
    Did you even read what it said?
    The Calculations do not match up.

Thanks

I believe in god and whenever I have some bad times, I always look to him for the solution, or at least a way to cope. It prolly has kept me sane all these years.
    "Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." -Frank Sinatra

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmo Yagkoto
    I believe in god and whenever I have some bad times, I always look to him for the solution, or at least a way to cope. It prolly has kept me sane all these years.
    Well, I wouldn't go as far as to say that you're sane, exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Did you even read what it said?
    The Calculations do not match up.
    How don't they match up? It seems extremely improbable for life to have spontaneously appeared, yes, but it's still entirely possible.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Evolutionists admit that the probability of the right atoms and molecules falling into place to form just one simple protein molecule is 1 in 10113, or 1 followed by 113 zeros. That number is larger than the estimated total number of atoms in the universe! Mathematicians dismiss as never taking place anything that has a probability of occurring of less than 1 in 1050. But far more than one simple protein molecule is needed for life. Some 2,000 different proteins are needed just for a cell to maintain its activity, and the chance that all of them will occur at random is 1 in 1040,000! �If one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific training into the conviction that life originated [spontaneously] on the Earth, this simple calculation wipes the idea entirely out of court,� says astronomer Fred Hoyle.

How did the unirevesre start then ???
    I don't know and don't care how the Universe started... it did and there is nothing we can do about it...

Now about life and it's probility of happening... well given enough time even the most improbable things will end up happening... How long is enough time... the age of the Universe I guess... which im sure is far too old for us to even comprehend.

Thanks

How don't they match up? It seems extremely improbable for life to have spontaneously appeared, yes, but it's still entirely possible.
    It is not even proven it is possible yet. They are just theorys.