Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the bible/Christianity

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al_V1
    Yeah I know but in peoples perception would that lead to an increase in faith I can accept the 10% chance thing was just a way to ask the question I know you could survive without pray and faith.
    Yeah, I don't disagree the perception of many would be changed by such an event. But that is folly, there is no reason to think because the odds were against you and you were okay, that it was an event of divine origin. Chances are a bunch of the 9 that died were praying as well.

If you take that case to the extreme you can see how foolish it is. Say you won the lottery. The odds of that are 1 in millions. So the fact that you won is divine intervention! God wanted YOU to have lots of money! It's silly to even think about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    Yeah, I don't disagree the perception of many would be changed by such an event. But that is folly, there is no reason to think because the odds were against you and you were okay, that it was an event of divine origin. Chances are a bunch of the 9 that died were praying as well.

If you take that case to the extreme you can see how foolish it is. Say you won the lottery. The odds of that are 1 in millions. So the fact that you won is divine intervention! God wanted YOU to have lots of money! It's silly to even think about.
    I see what you mean and I agree it is just the usual sort of scenario you hear about people gaining faith and finding religon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al_V1
    I see what you mean and I agree it is just the usual sort of scenario you hear about people gaining faith and finding religon.
    And I agree with that, but it is sad, because it has no base in reason. Even though it is faith, I can't imagine faith without reason.

Thanks

Like the skeptic on Most Haunted says all the time I am willing to believe if there is no other explanation or evidence to prove it wrong.

Thanks

(one last comment before bed)

Xeean, I already had faith, just not very much, what built my faith on this you ask? I understand your question.

Nothing I can say will make you understand, you were not there. It just made me thankfull for life, to see my brother once again, Thankfull for this life, Happy to be alive.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks

Default Here are a few ANSWERS - there is alot more to learn

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.

This is mostly for lagwagon_87, since he brought it up, but I think based on a lot of the responses that these resources might clear up many of your questions.

Before I get personal about anything, I wanted to say that it is very reasonable to want "facts" and/or evidence of the existence of God and the validity of Jesus as Savior (everyone agrees Jesus lived, but is he what he says he is- the one, true Savior, the only way to Heaven?). I am a Christian, and believe, without a doubt, in Jesus as the one and only Savior. But I too, like facts, so lets start there.

To begin (just a start- argument for his case can go on forever) Jesus prophesied about the "end times". There were also other prophets of the Bible that point to Christ as Savior/claim to be inspired by God. The ONLY way to test/validate a prophet (whether he is telling the TRUTH or NOT) is simple: If the prophesy comes to pass, he was right!

This website has CLEAR, UNBIASED facts on Bible Prophesy, giving the prophecies in the Bible, Old and New Testament and the (RECENT) news that lines up with those prophecies. This is simply the FACTS: The Bible says "this", world events are "this." You can proceed to check these Scriptures/News articles anywhere. It can't be easier. See for yourself!

www.FutureComing.com

Some of the posters were right: these prophecies were made over 2000 years ago. How can you trust them? Jesus disciples asked:

"Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?"
    Jesus said "When you see all these things,�(the prophecies coming to pass) �know that it� (the end times) �is near -- at the doors!" (Matt 24:33).

Simply put, if these prophecies are coming true, then the End Times are close by. Was Jesus and the prophets of the Bible right? Look at the FACTS! YOU be the judge!

-------------------------------------------

Now if you wanted my "personal" take (I'd be glad to share more if anyone is interested- please feel free to email me) I believe we're in the end times, and I'm NOT worried about it. In fact, I'm excited. The reasons for my peace are many, but simply put: Jesus and the prophets of the Bible prophesied the end times, and the facts show we are in them. Since that is obviously true (it's proof!), the rest of the Bible must be. Some of you might want more evidence that God exists or that Jesus was resurrected (BTW it's recorded over 500 people saw Him alive in His time-

but the truth is, "facts", though they are strong enough to convince me, will never be enough for anyone! The Bible even says so:

"Hebrews 11:6 tells us that "Without FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God, for he who comes to God must BELIEVE that He is, and is a rewarder of those who DILIGENTLY SEEK Him."

Jesus says To Simon, who said Jesus is "the Christ, the Son of the living God": "Flesh and blood" (natural evidence/people) "has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

All I'm saying, is that total trust and belief in God comes with some faith, with a step of believing. Facts are never enough! Yes, facts, news and science will, and DO prove God exists (futurecoming.com or check out the incredible creationmoments.com), EVERYONE, every Christian, must take a step, a "leap" of faith.

Like in the Matrix (my favorite movie), Neo must simply believe that he can jump to another building. It obvisouly wasn't enough that he SAW Morpheus do it, was it? He still has to believe. Really, we need to ask ourselves: "how much evidence do I need?" Some people will never be satisfied. We will always have to make some step of faith, of simple "believing" in God, in Jesus as Christ, the Savior to truly believe in God.

Jesus says "I am the way, the truth and the life: No one can come to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

I can trust God's word that I am always provided for, and that His love is everlasting. Though hard times are coming, God is good, and knows the beginning from the end. Since His Word is true in prophecy, it's surely true otherwise! I can rest assured in God's love and promises for my life. And so can you! It's a good thing. Just call on Him:

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:13)
    "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

But sin of ANY kind separate us from God. That is why we cannot be saved by doing "good things", or being a "good person". It causes us to be unworthy of Heaven:

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23)

I too am a sinner. At one point, I deserved death for my sins. I am not telling you I was not in the same boat as you all. believe me... however, God doesn't want us to suffer

"The Lord is...not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (II Peter 3:9)

But God makes us this AWESOME promise:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (John 1:19)

Just seek Him with your heart and ask for forgiveness. Ask to be renewed by His grace. If you repent, He forgives freely and offers a new life of peace and blessing in these times. God doesn't want your life to be terrible or Ask any true believer in Christ, and they will tell you how awesome a life in Christ is. He offers life, and life abundant (John 10:10).

I will say I went to a Bible believing church and felt the presence of the Lord! I had to admit, He is probably real. I was very excited and chose Jesus, repented and believe in Him for salvation!

You don't have to believe my story! But I have facts in the news lined with prophesy (futurecoming.com), scientific evidence (creationmoments.org) and first-hand experience of His spirit! People have been healed of life-long handicaps, cancer, incurable lung-diseases, and more in my tiny church (livingwordchapel.com), but it's not the church: It's the awesome power and love of the living God! You can believe what you want based on your "proof", but from what I have seen, heard, and experienced, I choose Jesus!

Do you really want the truth? Check it out yourself!

Free Bible app with dictionary
    - http://e-sword.net/downloads.html

(look up the Scriptures I mentioned- test everything!)

Bible prophecy with News articles- www.futurecoming.com

Scientific evidence for truth
    - www.creationmoments.org

Nevertheless, the Bible is the only perfect source of truth. It's God's Word, and the only place to truly base you faith:

"faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Roman's 10:17

" ...the truth shall make you free. John8:32

-Jamie

Hope that helps. Check out my film / production website if you want to:

www.SagacityPictures.com

Thanks

I just wanna say I'm glad I didn't have to read this thread from the start, because religious discussions always turn to fanatical ranting... Has that happened yet...?

I hate old religious people, and I hate religious youth groups...

All you need to be a good person is a little bit of common sense (as stated before) and a pro-ethical frame of mind...

Example: I can't come to terms with the thought that those who haven't been "baptized" are sinners and will burn in hell, just 'cause some old dude said so... And that old dude was probably just senile... Pfft... Humans...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    Xeean, I already had faith, just not very much, what built my faith on this you ask? I understand your question.

Nothing I can say will make you understand, you were not there. It just made me thankfull for life, to see my brother once again, Thankfull for this life, Happy to be alive.
    Xena, my name is Xaenn, please.

I can understand you would be thankful for life and happy, but I don't see how that translates into religion. That's the thing. If something good occurs, why does that have to be related to something divine? It's possible that it is, but given that it may or may not be due to such, I don't see how it alludes to a God.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ru
    Example: I can't come to terms with the thought that those who haven't been "baptized" are sinners and will burn in hell, just 'cause some old dude said so... And that old dude was probably just senile... Pfft... Humans...
    I just wanted to ask that question. I have plenty of faith, but not in the God that's in the Bible. Does that make me a sinner? Okay, I'm not walking the 'true path', but for me, that IS my true path, I perceive it to be so. I can't see things elseways, and since I can't do much about it, I don't think I should be condemned to eternal damnation for that.
    Meh, just forget it, I probably didn't make much sense just now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pkt-zer0
    I just wanted to ask that question. I have plenty of faith, but not in the God that's in the Bible. Does that make me a sinner? Okay, I'm not walking the 'true path', but for me, that IS my true path, I perceive it to be so. I can't see things elseways, and since I can't do much about it, I don't think I should be condemned to eternal damnation for that.
    Meh, just forget it, I probably didn't make much sense just now.
    That's too bad, because if you don't accept Jesus, you're going down.

Just a note, Lee: Something not being likely to happen does not in any way whatsoever mean it's impossible, nor does it guarantee it'll take longer to happen than anything else. It's just probability.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner
    That's too bad, because if you don't accept Jesus, you're going down.
    What about all of those people that never even have a chance to know of Jesus, what becomes of them?
    Last edited by Josh; 5th-September-2005 at 23:22. Reason: took out the replies to offensive spam deleted earlier

Thanks

You fools, You are all going to hell. Repent! relegion I do not believe in. Relegion Is rituals and tradition. It has nothing to do with Christianity. I am a Christian. Everyone has abused Christianity and changed it's meaning. The only way to find the truth now is to read a bible, and obey god. I know to some of you the entire thing sounds like a fairy tale, but then explain how everything came into existance. There is absolutely nothing that proves evelution. If you want evidence, look outside your window, look at creation. If you want to see a body, then you have no faith. faith can't be based on something that you see happen. that defies the definition. Faith is believing without seeing. You will all be judged one day, perhaps very soon. repent and confess to God. The day of judgement may be tomorrow. Live your lives for God.

Thanks

Thank you skinner8, You are one of the few out there who knows the truth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prophet of trut
    Thank you skinner8, You are one of the few out there who knows the truth
    Wow, awesome, a Prophet of the trut is among us. We should all feel honored my friends.

Even if a body were found, what would it prove?

Faith is believing without proof, blind faith is believing without reason.

Thanks

Wow, awesome, a Prophet of the trut is among us. We should all feel honored my friends.
    LOL! Trut...

Even if a body were found, what would it prove?

Faith is believing without proof, blind faith is believing without reason.
    < insert offensive spam here... >