Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the bible/Christianity

Thanks

Listen these questions, I cannot teach anything complex, if you do not know the basics first. You will just get confused, belive me, and then you will just ask more questions. Its impossible to teach that way.

And Xeean I meant My brothers recovery inspired me personaly.
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Al_V1
    With science proving the theory of evolution that we ascended from apes and they game from organisms from the water. How would one who believes in God creating us explain evolution?
    Ok what are you saying by PROVING? Evolution is still a theory with MANY holes still left in it. You have to see that there have yet to be any "middle" species that have yet to be discovered or missing links. Many scientists and mathematicians have also stated that statisticly there is a better chance of a strong wind blowing through a junkyard and creating a fully assembled Boeing 747 then the right mix of chemicals in a pool of water creating the simplest form of life. The DNA code is very complex. Even for the most simple cell it takes many many genes to create.

You also have to take in the one major law of biology that states that life can only come from life. A scientific law is something that has never been disproven or is only disproven in VERY extreme cases such as some of the laws of physics being broken at the atomic level or near the speed of light. Evolution is only a THEORY not a proven fact.

I'm just trying to say that science is still VERY far from explaining everything.

Thanks

Xena I have to respect you for actually taking the time to answer my questions it is greatly appreciated. I dont want you to feel like your teaching or preaching at me. I am very open minded to spirits,ghosts,gods etc Like I said my belief is waht I can see. I have no religous preference but I feel I can take aspects from multi religons to make up my belief system.

Edit- To Lee I can appreciate that I will admit not doing extreme research I wasnt try to make my question complex just really the basic theory of evolution etc but with your info I have learned. Actually I've learned quite alot today. Great stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xena
    And Xeean I meant My brothers recovery inspired me personaly.
    Would you care to elaborate how the inspiration brought you to religion? Even in PM if nothing else...

Thanks
    EP Points

I have done a lot of research this summer over Intelligent Design and Evolution. From my research I have reassured my faith and leaned even more on the side of Intelligent Design.

You can find more information here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design

Thanks

Xena I have to respect you for actually taking the time to answer my questions it is greatly appreciated. I dont want you to feel like your teaching or preaching at me. I am very open minded to spirits,ghosts,gods etc Like I said my belief is waht I can see. I have no religous preference but I feel I can take aspects from multi religons to make up my belief system.
    Thank you. I promised myself I wasnt going to get invoved in this, People want to start at the deep end, and they will never find what they are looking for that way.

I belive this scripture fits perfectly :

always learning and yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth ~ 2nd Timothy 3:7

The Truth can only be attained through time, abd a willing to listen, to the truth.

Thanks

Edit- To Lee I can appreciate that I will admit not doing extreme research I wasnt try to make my question complex just really the basic theory of evolution etc but with your info I have learned. Actually I've learned quite alot today. Great stuff.
    There is more simplstic reasoning about the debate of Creation and Evolution.
    Instead of me Trying, Why not get the book "Mankind, Creation or Evolution?"
    It is the most easy to follow book, and its sources are 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeean
    Would you care to elaborate how the inspiration brought you to religion? Even in PM if nothing else...
    Ok, mabye I didnt tell the whole story, I was brought up since birth in religeon, But it wasnt till that happend that I started to have faith, im not saying it was an over night Transofrmation, It was the first step though, Over time things have become more clear to me.

Thanks

Extremely interesting stuff Lee. So if you don't mind me askin does that mean you believe in god or a supreme being who created the universe? If its too personal to answer then don't I'll respect it.

Xena I too am looking for the truth on exsistence and a god through(this is gonna sound stupid) paranormal experiences I have had I believe in ghosts and the spiritual realm however I'm still on the fence on the supreme being/god theory. I am not ruling it out but I want to gain a better understanding of religon and peoples beliefs.

Thanks

Xena I too am looking for the truth on exsistence and a god through(this is gonna sound stupid) paranormal experiences I have had I believe in ghosts and the spiritual realm however I'm still on the fence on the supreme being/god theory. I am not ruling it out but I want to gain a better understanding of religon and peoples beliefs.
    Ok I am going offline now, sleepy time in my country

I will answer your PM tommorow, plus, I have something to tell you about Spirits and ghosts.

Thanks

Ok I am going offline now, sleepy time in my country

I will answer your PM tommorow, plus, I have something to tell you about Spirits and ghosts.
    lol kool I look forward to it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I have been around church and the Bible my whole life.

I came to Christ just a few years ago when I felt something missing in my life. I prayed and finally came to Christ in which that void is now filled. It is not the "perfect" life that many nonchristians think it is. It has just as many trials and tribulations but I do have hope for better things yet.

Thanks

Ok, mabye I didnt tell the whole story, I was brought up since birth in religeon, But it wasnt till that happend that I started to have faith, im not saying it was an over night Transofrmation, It was the first step though, Over time things have become more clear to me.
    I understand that it was the starting point for your faith. But what was it about that event that pushed you towards religion, or a stronger faith?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I have been around church and the Bible my whole life.

I came to Christ just a few years ago when I felt something missing in my life. I prayed and finally came to Christ in which that void is now filled. It is not the "perfect" life that many nonchristians think it is. It has just as many trials and tribulations but I do have hope for better things yet.
    Interesting would most people say that regardless of religous up bringing most people would believe more in religion when God/Christ has answered them or I was going to use the word miracle but that wouldnt be rite but if you had an illness and say you had a 10% chance of living during a surgery and you prayed before that and your familly prayed during and you pulled through then that would make you belive.

Thanks

Interesting would most people say that regardless of religous up bringing most people would believe more in religion when God/Christ has answered them or I was going to use the word miracle but that wouldnt be rite but if you had an illness and say you had a 10% chance of living during a surgery and you prayed before that and your familly prayed during and you pulled through then that would make you belive.
    If you had a 10% chance, then that doesn't mean you would die without divine intervention....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xaenn
    If you had a 10% chance, then that doesn't mean you would die without divine intervention....
    Yeah I know but in peoples perception would that lead to an increase in faith I can accept the 10% chance thing was just a way to ask the question I know you could survive without pray and faith.