Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions about the bible/Christianity

Thanks

there are many things that suggest that the end of mankind is comming and this will apparentley happen before 2025 and alot of events that have happend where fortold in the bible

Thanks

what do you mean not as smart as we are now?? ... scientifically yes... but otherways i'm sure we're no more smarter...

Quote Originally Posted by lagwagon_87
    I got WAY confused about Xena's last post.
    And is there proof that Jesus came back to life? This sounds stupid... but I don't trust people from 2000 years ago, since they weren't smart at all compared to people now. I think they might have just made up a story to scare everybody or make them believe in Jesus' powers and God.
    I really don't know. I still have lots to know about God etc etc. before I can really choose my religion, I guess.

Thanks

The world will end by 2025?!

Thanks

What, out of all the Revelations, have happened so far?
    Last edited by Josh; 5th-September-2005 at 16:35.

Thanks

What ARE the revelations that happened so far? This is interesting.

Thanks

Man... the government blaming stuff on religion WOULD (will?) be chaos.
    And about you saying that the world will someday be pure again; I don't believe that. It will all go back to the way it is now eventually, with sin, laws having to be made, etc.

Thanks

I don't want to come off as if I'm bashing anybodies beliefs but I find it hard to believe in all this higher power and stuff because there are so many religons that it would all make 0 sense in the grand scheme of things. To clarify if the is a God, Budda etc that would mean there is one higher power which to me doesn't add up to there being one supreme being.

On bible prophecies I seriously think it is just coincidence there would be no real way for someone from thousands of years ago to predict such things. This whole world ending stuff seriously we have gone past 100s of supposed end of world scenarios. What religon doesnt bank on is the major science breakthroughs we have and the technology we have to help stop/aid us in all these supposed threats from God.

To sum up my opinions here. I would want to believe but it all just doesn't add up to me and makes no sense nor does it make any sort of sense.

I pose one question though which may seem like more than one but here it is.

With science proving the theory of evolution that we ascended from apes and they game from organisms from the water. How would one who believes in God creating us explain evolution?

Thanks

man i love your transformer thing!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malikman
    man i love your transformer thing!
    ta muchly off topic but everybody knows Transformers rule Now back to the discusion of God,The Universe,Life,Death and Jam sandwiches.

Thanks

I have no problem with christians, just christianity.
    The religion itself assumes 2 things, in a less then said way. "Satan wanted more power then 'God' and so he got booted down to hell." But that means either 1 of 2 things. Either "God" would be able, not willing but able, to give him more power. Or the devil is mentaly retarded. I dont like the idea of being able to outsmart a devine being. Now what I see as more likely to be close to what happend is, "God" probably told the devil he had to do this for the greater good, and he accepted the job because it was an order from "God" and order that would give us choices that we wouldnt have anyways. Since "God" knows everything it would be able to know that satan would rebell, so why make something that would fight you. Now to get things straight I have no dillusions of thinking that that is what happend, I know nothing of "God" or the devil, and I never will, thats human nature not to know, but that is my best guess of what happend using logic.
    Just me 2 cents worth.

@ the "How would one who believes in God creating us explain evolution?"
    I belive that "God" did make all things, but not in the sculpter way of working on every detail. I belive it was more "ok lets make some planets" and then "this is boring, why not have some self concious beings with me" (aka angels) then "lets have some self concious being that will affect the universe with there will of distruction or creation." I think when we were made it was more of a "ok I'll put the spark of live and self conciousness into this single cell organism and let it grow however it will." Also the christian religion says we were made in one day, one day to "god," and also in the bible it says that a day to "God" is thousands of years to us. So I think the bible admits to evolution, but the idiocy of Christians cant accept that, "becuz it sez day!!!1111 HAX!"
    Last edited by Darkfist007; 5th-September-2005 at 16:29. Reason: Instead of double posting.

Thanks

Goodish point but still sounds far fetched. Another thing about bible prophecies predicting wars etc no offense but that is super easy to predict man is always going to have a war about something and I hate to say it but now most "wars" are about religon so I could see the govts. turning on religon because it is a serious cos of wars. I seriously think the bible is a tool of fear for people to control others with its like when your mum says you better be good or Santa will give you coal at xmas but obviously more extreme if your bad your going to hell and if you don't believe in God/Jesus they will come back and kick your ass into eternal damnation. All in all I feel as if God/Jesus seem very egotisticle and lack of a better term evil. Thats just my thoughts religon to me seems stupid and really fabricated.

Edit: Just got a good quote from Monk which I think is how I believe in stuff.
    "I believe in what I can see"
    That is the best way I can describe my feelings on this.
    Last edited by Springer; 5th-September-2005 at 17:04.

Thanks

Many religious people believe in evolution, just not the macro part of it. Small scale evolution has been proven to exist, but we have no way of proving that things can evolve into new species and such.
    ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º° ¨¨°º¤ø„¸ EDWARD CULLEN IS THE KING OF VAMPYRES! HE IS BETTER THAN BILL COMPTON, LESTAT DE LIONCOURT, VLAD THE IMPALER, & DICK CHENEY ¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°� �¤ø„¸

Thanks

Cool it is just something I always wondered about how religous people who believe in a one supreme being of creation making everything expalining evolution. One other thing rite this will be hard to ask.

Now if there is the Christian "God" and then we have all the Greek gods, Egyptian gods, Budda etc now would all religons accept that they all live together or would they all say that their "God" is the onle true god??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al_V1
    Now if there is the Christian "God" and then we have all the Greek gods, Egyptian gods, Budda etc now would all religons accept that they all live together or would they all say that their "God" is the onle true god??
    If ya want the truth about that PM me
    Raaagghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... hh..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner8
    The Bible might be wrong as hell about a lot of things, but that doesn't in any way mean that God doesn't exist. Silly atheists need to understand that.
    Smart atheists do realize that...

Im not 100% atheist I guess, because I believe that It really does not matter if there is or is not a God.